custom faction - graphics editor

Ariete

Chieftain
hi everybody
i'm a alpha centauri alien crossfire player
i downloaded Pci Image Editor to cut and past city, logo and leader in pcx for make my custom faction
but something is wrong because leader photo appear all blank and city like default faction (yang)

i download Lview editor image, i read somewhere there isn't the problem with palette because the software make itself
PCI Image Editor save my custom.pcx with color palette not of the game
with Lview editor image i can edit .pcx
when i load custom factions on the game the results are different about a series of my tests:
a faction edited with another edited .pcx with the same backgroung (violet) is right, i see leader, logos and cities
a faction edited with another edited .pcx with differet backgroung (purple) everything is black
a faction edited with some of my picture is black or colour disturb
anyone can tell me the format or what i can do for load a personal picture in image editor and make the game recognize custom graphics?? please help me i don't know ever do

Hi Ariete,

I don't know that much about graphics, but you might find some help in this thread. You also might keep checking back here, since some of the members might be able to offer advice.

Petek

Here's my advice:

http://kilkakon.com/downloads/resources/alphacentauri.html <-- Go there and download the .PCX templates. These are black files provided by the Network Node which has since died. These PCX images must be editted using an image package such as PhotoShop, Gimp, PhotoImpact, Paint Shop Pro, etc. :)

Hope that helps!

thank you petek for link, i've just watched there but now with some practise in Lview i can edit an image and paste in my custom graphic .pcx with right palette
thanx kilkakon for the file, i've just downloaded a black file from any site, but i have the problem when i cut and paste an image between pcx with backgroun purple and pcx with background violet, i try to take background colour from one and put in other but the result is wrong, when i launch the game the grafics of custom faction are default

ok friends most problems are resolved
i read somewhere the last colour of palette give trasparency
last problem ... LOGO
i edit logo 70x70 for faction, one light and one dark
when i run faction in the game colors of logo became confused (this happen when i make 2 different 70x70 one light and one dark)
when i use the same logo 70x70 the colours are correct when i run the game and go to watch it in hall of fame or command node, or any places where you see logo 70x70
i would understand what i do to run correctly logo light (that appear when put mouse on lkogo in game) and dark in game. I must use any particular shadow? or colours?
now i hope to be understud
sorry for english, thak you kilkakon
please reply me i don't find the answere anywhere

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=6afx1j8ngqqi6mh&thumb=4
please suggest me what's wrong
thank you again for your time and reply me

hi kilkakon
the steps i did : i edit a logo light and then separatly i edit a new logo dark with .pcx colour palette, then i past them in logo edges of .pcx, but when i run game the colours are confused and there's not a change between dark logo and light logo when put mouse in there
i read somewhere i must do them using opacity, for light logo too
"adjust to high brightness / high contrast
use grille opacity 20% (25% for light pictures)
apply palette with 50% diffusion"

last step (apply palette with 50% diffusion, i don't understand)
i try various times but for now, using Lview, i 'm only able to create an area with his opacity but not paste it in logo edges, because when i do that, opacity came to be lost
thank you ever kilkakon

Top Bottom