[C3C] Custom Menu Graphics for 1080p KeepRes Civ3Complete players

squaretable22

Chieftain
Hi guys,

No clue where to post this. I've made a custom menu graphic that is 1080p dimension. It worked completely, I was shocked with how well.

There was two exceptions.

1: The buttons in Civ3Complete are non transparent, and unfortunately they dont have an alpha map. Fortunately they have a transparent channel allowing me to come up with the workaround seen below.

2. The copyright info. I just edited labels.txt to remove it. For Steam players I have added my own edited labels.txt. For non steam players you can remove the text on the lines yourself, just make sure not to delete the line breaks.

The art is the same painting of the tower of babel used on the boxart of Civ 3 base game.

You can find the files below. Remember before installing to always back up your original files.

I assume for resolutions in excess of 1080p it will have a black box. For resolutions below 1080p the graphics get partially cut off, great if youre a fan of Vilization III Omplete!

Happy Civving!

Attachments

• CustomBackground1080p.zip
    1 MB · Views: 39
Thanks for your post, Blake, you raised my attention on this! These main menu graphics are awesome. Instant download. :)

And yeah, trying to replace the Civ3 Complete Menu with the Conquests one didn't turn out so well. But this one might be a good change in itself. :D

Hi guys.

Glad to see some of you have liked it :lol:
I made an updated version that accommodates the Play Last World button and is a bit more squareish.
New PCX linked below.
1662635418479.png

Attachments

• civ3complete_TITLE_bkgrnd.pcx
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Top Bottom