Custom Title

Aiken_Drumn

Deity
Supporter
I believe I am currently 'King', I have seen others are 'Deity' and others their own Customary title.

Can somebody please explain the difference, and when I can become more than a God?

In case the rules https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cfc-full-rules.422889/ are still up to date, it goes like this:
Postcount titles & avatars
Each poster has a title and an optional avatar image shown below his/her username. The default titles are Chieftain, Warlord, Prince, King, Emperor, and Deity. The minimum postcounts required are listed below:

Chieftain (Minimum Posts: 0)
Warlord (Minimum Posts: 100)
Prince (Minimum Posts: 300)
King (Minimum Posts: 600)
Emperor (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Deity (Minimum Posts: 2000)

Does it become customisable after 2000?

If you have 30 posts AND have been registered for 30 days, you can give yourself a custom title and a custom non-animated avatar. The dimension limit of custom avatars is 70x70 pixels and size limit is 4 KB.
This can be changed in your personal details under "Custom Title".

Besides, it usually doesn't take most of us very long to make it to 2000 posts. Most of us are so far beyond being deities at this point that I really think the default titles should be tweaked.

Actually very few members of this website make 2000 posts, ever.

Forum Rules said:
If you have 30 posts AND have been registered for 30 days, you can give yourself a custom title and a custom non-animated avatar. The dimension limit of custom avatars is 70x70 pixels and size limit is 4 KB.

Is this still true? I feel like I've seen brand new users with customised avatars.

That must be a holdover from vBulletin. Our avatars are a lot bigger than 70x70. Has CFC ever allowed animated avatars? I don't think we have.

TrekBBS did... and migrating to XenForo means my tractor beam no longer functioned. :(

Is this still true? I feel like I've seen brand new users with customised avatars.

That must be a holdover from vBulletin. Our avatars are a lot bigger than 70x70. Has CFC ever allowed animated avatars? I don't think we have.

This seems to be both correct... I think.
I guess we need to check what of these technical parts need to be updated.

I guess we need to check what of these technical parts need to be updated.
A periodic check is a good idea - say every couple of years or so, in addition to whatever problems people might report. We (collective, general "we") seem to be finding troublesome stuff years after the migration.

When TrekBBS did the migration (months before we did), the tech people over there set up a beta forum where those of us who wanted to "test drive" the new XenForo version of the forum could experiment and report on whatever wasn't working (sadly the admins didn't let us keep the extra fonts and colors). But it was a valuable exercise, as some bugs were found that would have been quite troublesome if they hadn't been caught. Then we were given periodic updates such as "migration coming in 30 days... 2 weeks... 1 week... 24 hours from now..." which gave us lots of time to save the contents of our photo albums and any other things that might not go along. Then during the last few hours, some of us held a "farewell to vBulletin" party thread.

Top Bottom