CZ3: (RaR) The Dragon Awakes

AntiTwelve

King
I've been doing a project for AP Government which asks me to review a global topic and write a report about it.

Well, I chose the Chinese economy. Wow. China is going to be a pivotal player in world affairs sooner than we think. I decided to play RaR with China and enjoy seeing what would happen if I tried going for the Space Ship through economic and political power.

I failed miserably... TWICE!!!! First time.. no iron or horses OR rubber. Second time... no horses or rubber, again. I got GL twice and I'm infuriated at the idea that I can't beat a *%$#ing Emporer RaR game!!!

So... here's the idea.

Game: C3C, RaR 1.04
Civ: China
Difficulty: Emporer :rolleyes:
Map: Archipelago, 60% water, normal everything else.
Victory conditions enabled: Conquest, Domination and Space Ship

Our objective? Win via Space Ship. That's all there is to it. I've allowed cultural conversions too, since this one is going to be a doozy on cultural building builds.

Restrictions:
LK House Rules
Other:We must go to war with our first two neighbors. Every new age will be a new war (one for when we go medieval and the other for industrial). The wars are just for fun, but it's good to have armies/leaders to help speed things up. Besides that, absolutely NO DECLARATION of war (formally) can be made. ONLY the first two nations we meet. Thanks.

Requirements to play: Have some RaR experience and be an Emporer+ player... simple as that.

Roster::
cizzlewalk (I love having free time for once)
madviking
Disenfranchised
Zorn
*open*

Wow, I actually guessed you'd be the first who'd want to join up. No joke :)

Well I don't see why you can't join up, us Virginians have to stick together.

Roster:
cizzlewalk
madviking
*open*
*open*
*open*

Indeed... Clifton is quite close. Who knows, maybe we can set up a lan connection sometime?

I'll display a starting position soon, btw.

lurker's comment: Keep working on it, Grasshoppah, and thou shall be rewarded. Giveth up not, Grasshoppah !

Beorn, a total idiot whose gray cells have all been fiddled around to make room for a hair superhighway, had but to copy stuff around in folders and files and it worked, so that makes you young brilliant Civer a more than qualified person for it.

If you're going to post here, then sign up. I'm not really appreciating the spamming of this thread.

I'd like to play, don't know about the "+" but I can manage RaR emperor fine. When you say go to war with our first two neighbours do you mean declaring immediately upon meeting them?

I`d join.
I am currently playing RaR Emperor AW on pangea with 16 civs.
The game is not completed yet, but I´m winning. I hope that is enough to qualify.

Disenfrancised said:
I'd like to play, don't know about the "+" but I can manage RaR emperor fine. When you say go to war with our first two neighbours do you mean declaring immediately upon meeting them?
It's clearly stated above mein Kinder... Upon entering the medieval age, we must go to war with the FIRST nation that we met. We stay at war with them until their demise (when that is... we don't know). Once we enter the industrial age, we must go to war with the SECOND nation that we met. So we should only be at war with two nations the entire game, but the AI is pretty aggressive so...

These will be the ONLY civs we formally declare war on the whole game.

Zorn said:
I`d join.
I am currently playing RaR Emperor AW on pangea with 16 civs.
The game is not completed yet, but I´m winning. I hope that is enough to qualify.
Hm... I guess since this one is just for fun I don't see why not.

Welcome you two... we can all begin discussion of the game once I post the starting position tonight.

Roster:
cizzlewalk
madviking
Disenfranchised
Zorn
*open*

I rolled the dice once and got this for a starting position::

Say hello to our starting position team, there's no going back and crying to your chittlens at this point.

I'd rather settle that spot there, I'm against moving when we REALLY don't have to... but the harbor and extra commerce buildings are quite tempting >: )

THERE IS ONE SPOT LEFT!!!! SOME1 TAKE IT DAYUMIT!!@!1!

I´d move. Tribes have 2 moves anyway, so we don`t even lose a turn.

Yeah, I'd move 1 due south so the Capital can pull in more forests later on (this is a pretty sheild poor start) and leave more grasslands for a possible later food bonus.

@Zorn: I don't now how, but I forgot about their two movement for a second. Thanks for clearing that up.

@Dis: I hope you mean one tile southeast, so we can get going right away and have forests.

Well I'd go for one SE is well and starting on pottery, we'll need a granary as soon as possible. Besides that, the rest is a team decision. Now, go out there and find me ONE MORE PLAYER. hee-hee-hyar.

Nope, I meant one tile south and settle on the forest, we have no food bonuses so the ten turns till our borders pull in the other 2 forests will not be spent using any forest tile -

When long term shields are considered...

SE: 10 base sheilds, 12 with mines
S:11 base (12 if the hut is on a bonus sheild), 14/15 with mines
W:18 base (19) (I think those northern ones are 3 plains tiles), 25 with mines

With Production boosters (WH, Forge, Mill, Mill)
10>>12>>15>>17>>20
12>>15>>18>>21>>24
11>>13>>16>>19>>22
14>>17>>21>>24>>28
18>>22>>27>>31>>36
25>>31>>37>>43>>50

I really like the capital to have as much sheilds as possible but since this is archeplego a coastal city is also very important, so my recommendation is either S or failing that W.

Of course I could be talking out of my arse in an amazing feat of ventriloquism so feel free to point holes in my arguement.

Top Bottom