• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Damn, Izzy

Shaka. When the walls fell.

I finish around one game per year.

More than that for sure. It's more of an issue with actually finishing games...

The most common reason of losing interest is that I know how it will end. i.e. the game becomes too technical and thus boring because I know I will win.

The most common reason of losing interest is that I know how it will end. i.e. the game becomes too technical and thus boring because I know I will win.
Strange, because I'd figure half the fun is in finishing off the enemies/victory condition and seeing the end screen. After all, have you really "won" without it? Even if you know you will probably win. There's also the fun in playing out the drama of the final moments of rivalry, conquest, race to Alpha Centauri, etc. As long as you have fun, though.

Yeh. I guess when you've done it many times it's no longer challenging (=fun). I like to solve problems really, "winning" doesn't matter.

I can relate to this. Ironically I like settings which I know will be a huge slog to get across the finish line.

Usually, I play Fractal maps, but I've been playing Big and Small a couple of times lately and that is a very different game!

In one of them, I had this going on:
Vassals.PNG

It's Gilgamesh and all his vassals - all colonies, none by war (the other original Civs are gone). They have like two-three cities each, but it takes a lot of galleon hopping to get to them.

Otherwise, I managed to get Sid Sushi to 43 :food: - new record (for me)! On fractal maps, you end up with around 20 (+/-).

Top Bottom