Dancing Hoskuld's tasks

I did not see this so I will repost my last message here ...

Hydromancerx said:
Dancing Hoskuld said:
Hydromancerx said:
Do you know if there is an "Auto-Build at Tech" tag? If so what is it? IF not could it be made?

The answer to this is no there is no need for a tag all you do is just give the building a prerequisite tech and set it to auto build!

There is no need for anything else. No need for complex other stuff. You want a building to be auto built in every city when a tech is discovered then define the building set and set the auto build tag and the tech you want it at.

If what you are asking for is a normal building that can be built at tech 15 but then becomes free and auto built in all cities at tech 56 then there is nothing that does that and a new tag would be needed. It is completely new functionality.

1. But that will make the building auto-build when the building is unlocked. The point was to make it auto-build at a later time. Such as ...

Potter's Hut
Unlocked: Pottery
Auto-Build: Guilds
Obsolete: Industrialism

2. Yes that's that I was asking. And I was saying that the only way currently to do it would be to make a 2nd building that gives a free building to every city such as.

Auto-Build (Potter's Hut)
Unlocked: Guilds
Auto-Build: Guilds
Obsolete: Industrialism
Stats: Gives a Free Potter's Hut to EVERY City.

This method would do the job but would force us to have an auto-build building for every building we want to be given in every city. Which would add more buildings then we need.

Anywho AIANdy was saying ...

AIAndy said:
The bAutoBuild tag is currently read and stored as a simple boolean, not an expression (so you can only have 0 and 1 in it).
But with that tag that would be rather easy to change. Someone just needs to change the storing and reading code of the tag to be a BoolExpr and then change the one place where it is evaluated to evaluate the expression.

After that change you could then write something like this:
Code:
<bAutoBuild>
  <Has>
    <GOMType>GOM_TECH</GOMType>
    <ID>TECH_RITUALISM</ID>
  </Has>
</bAutoBuild>

If this was done would would happen to existing <bAutoBuild>1</bAutoBuild> tags on buildings? For instance Housing, Pests, etc already use this tag.

I eventually figured out that what was being asked for was
Can we have a building available to be built at tech X but then become auto built in all cities at tech X+20?​

We can auto build in all cities at a tech now.

We can have a building become in all new cities after a tech now using the NewCityFree tag. Unfortunately I don't think we put this information in the pedia.

This is a call for a new tag that would probably replace the NewCityFree tag since the modders making buildings have ignored this tag completely and I have only used it in a mod which only has about 100 of the 800 possible buildings in it.

I realize we have the NewCityFree tag, but isn't it only in NEW cities? Existing cities would not get those buildings built in them and would have to build them the regular way when new building are unlocked.

Since you changed the slavery to a NON-civic area, there are 2 Events that need to be changed also, and i have no idea where you want them??

Let me know if you want me to do it, or if your feeling ok or not??

They don't work anyway because The Great Wall makes you immune to them. The serf revolt events probably have the same problem (both problems).

They don't work anyway because The Great Wall makes you immune to them. The serf revolt events probably have the same problem (both problems).

From what i am seeing with the problems with the Great Wall, do we (C2C) really want it in a game of ours?? I really dont like it anyways??

If you are a builder it is the best wonder even if it comes late in the game.

Let me show you why in the next edit i do why it a problem in late games: Come back here in an hour or so and look thx.

Vote to change this wonder :)

For example +100% defense vs Barbarians

I also had a problem like yours in an old game of mine; I think it happens when you conquer the city where the Great Wall is built, so the wonder changes owner.
If I remember correctly, in my game the city was of a Civ, then a second Civ took the city after a revolt and in the end I conquered it, so the map was really messed up. Probably the code doesn't take care if the wonder changes owner, so it basically puts a new wall over the old one

Top Bottom