Darius I - King of the World

Hey, @Civ fan6 2018 - thanks. I think the mod looks pretty good, and turned out well.

Here's how I'm seeing things right now:

1. I don't mind working on a Canada civ, but it will be a week or two before I can get to it. Will need to get ideas from you on what kind of Trait, UU's and UB's will be needed.
2. I'm currently working on a different mod, but hope to have it done by the middle of this week. I'll be able to update the OP Persia version then. Will change the Leader Name and add the 'Heal on Destroy' promotion. Will also check Immortal's upgrade path to make sure if goes to the Musketman (with promotions).
3. Completing the "normal" version of the Persia civ will take about 2 minutes.
4. I like the idea of Persia having both Chariot Archer (ranged) and War Chariot (melee) units. Just "feels" right to me historically. So, if I can't get the current model working, I'll find another. There's a mod that uses about 20 different melee chariots, so I'm hoping I'll be able to at least get one of them working.
5. The +1 range promotion is automatically awarded to all "Archery" and "Siege" units (which includes Chariot Archer).
6. I'm not sure if I want to publish this in my workshop. As I'm doing this for someone else, it doesn't really fit into what I want to keep there, especially since I'm trying to focus my workshop on my "World at War" family of mods. I do have a different Steam account, so I'll look into publishing these custom Civs under that account.

Some questions:

1. Still need a final name for the OP Persia civ. I used "Extreme Persia" as a placeholder. If you want a different name, let me know. Reason I'm asking about this specifically, is that it sounds like you might want more OP civs in the future. If so, I think it's a good idea right now to come up with a leading adjective that we can use to "brand" this family of mods. We'd use the same adjective on all OP civ mods. So, perhaps "Extreme Canada" for example. My problem with the word "extreme" is that is sounds kind of lame - not "butch" enough. Something more along the lines of these: Ultimate, Optimum, Capstone, Consummate, Crowning, Quintessential, Supreme, Transcendent, Colossal, Triumphant, Victorious, Undefeated, etc.

Since the adjective is part of the brand, it needs to be something that can be used for all the OP civs coming out later.

1a. Since these mods will be release as pairs, it might be a good idea to have a branding adjective for the "normal" versions as well - just so when people see them in the Steam search results, they'll know they belong together. So, if the OP civ is called "Persia Transcendent" perhaps the normal civ will be "Persia Triumphant" - then "Canada Transcendent" and "Canada Triumphant" etc. Of course, the word order can be switched, e.g. "Transcendent Persia" and "Triumphant Persia", etc.

2. The new promotion - Heal on Destroyed Enemy. Is that for all Persian units? Or just the UU's?

3. Whether a promotion is retained on upgrade is defined in the promotion itself. Some transfer, some don't. I haven't looked at this very closely, but if a promotion doesn't transfer, I'd have to change that on the basic promotion - which means it will transfer for all civs, not just the OP Persians. I can create a new promotion with similar characteristics, but there are some design considerations concerning this.

4. We haven't added any music to the mod. There are several Persian mods out there, many of which added custom music. If you'd like to reuse their music, let me know which mod sounds the best to you.

Ty for getting back to me. If you can publish on steam under a different name then (but you have to have Civ 5 on that account)
1-Grand Colossal Persia (extreme is not good. I think this is better. You are right)
2-Heal on Destroy just on immortal
3-normal version: Triumphant Persia.
4-lol music can have a huge copy right issue. Better to re-use the same music or just put the energy somewhere else. I don't want to see your hardwork get taken down by copyright.
I have another idea as well. This mod used logo of giant death robot for a special artillery
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201432312&searchtext=harbinger
For the Grand Colossal Persia you can add rocket artillery with logo giant death robot +70 ranged strength (again all ranged units have +1 range)
For triumphant we can add +55 rocket artillery with +1 range on this

Non-Op Persia called Triumphant Persia: bonuses
Ability: 1) Fall of Babylon. How about all ranged units have a +1 movement so 3 movements totally (archers, artillery etc).
2) +1 range for the cannon though stays. I hope it carries over to Artillery promotion.
3) and a small boost to Satrap Court so (normally Satrap has +2 happiness and +3 gold and 25% gold) This version +3 happiness +4 gold and +4 Science and 25% gold.
4) Immortal now has combat strength of 15. It heals fully when it kills an enemy unit. It upgrades into musketman.
5) Mega Rocket Artillery (replaces: Rocket artillery). Rocket artillery has +55 combat strength and +1 range.
Thanks again

as for Canada, I have some cool ideas I can share here
Non-op version:
Leader: Sir John A MacDonald
Name of the mod: Emerging Victorious Canada.
Ability: A Superpower on the rise:
Multicultural centers (replace amphitheater)- +3 tourism +4 culture +2 happiness +2 Science
Fresh water lakes (replaces granary Makes agriculture easier) -gives +4 food in every city. The bonus to banana and white still applies.
Workshops same as before but now they gave +5 Science.
Canadian armed forces (replaces infantry) +90 combat strength has the march promotion
M777 Grand Artillery (replaces Artillery)- +1 range combat range and a range strength of 42
Grand Multiple Missile Launch rocket system. (replaces Rocket Artillery)- available at Ballistics , +1 range and range strength of 75 combat strength of 55. Adding +1 range here in case promotion does not transfer.
Canadian Mounted Police (replaces Cavalry)- Combat strength of 55.
+1 Spy
Lolzy and now i think for the op as hell. There is a reason why I want to suggest the op version. Some people have created op enemies like Halloween civilization and reaper. I want to face against them on deity with my op civilization so it will be a battle of gods!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I have to apologize - I haven't been able to get to the mod to update it. That "real life" thingee is getting in my way... :crazyeye:

Tomorrow and Wednesday look pretty bad, as well. I hope to complete V2 of the mod either Wed afternoon or sometime Thursday. Shouldn't take too long, I think.

After V2 publishes, I'll take a few days updating some of my other mods. After that, perhaps we can start looking at a design for "EV Canada." Will need to refine the same kinds of data, sample artwork, UU's, UB's, and Trait recommendations for that as well (although it looks like you've done a pretty good job for that one already - look around at other mods, Canadian and otherwise, to see if you can find leader artwork to recycle - thanks!).

I have got an alternate model for the War Chariot unit working, so that is fixed. All the other requested changes have been finished. I'm a little confused about this part:

I have another idea as well. This mod used logo of giant death robot for a special artillery
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201432312&searchtext=harbinger
For the Grand Colossal Persia you can add rocket artillery with logo giant death robot +70 ranged strength (again all ranged units have +1 range)

Is this a new unit or does it replace the existing the game's existing Rocket Artillery unit? Or a different unit? I'm also not exactly sure what I'm using to replace what.

In Civ5's jargon, we have two basic terms.

Icon: this is the "picture" of the unit that appears in the Unit Panel, in the lower left part of the screen when you select a particular unit (in the large circle, to the left of the unit's stats).

Flag: this is the monochrome "silhouette" also in the Unit Panel, but in the smaller circle.

I don't want to use the GDR's Flag for a different unit, as this gets very confusing on the map. I can add a new Flag that's similar to avoid confusion (i.e. make it a bit smaller and reverse its orientation so it looks differently). I also don't want to reuse the GDR's Icon for a Rocket Artillery unit - this is also confusing, and honestly doesn't look very good to the player or players fighting GC Persia.

I'm not sure what model to use for the unit - the current Rocket Artillery or something else? The exact Icon I use will be decided by the exact model - the Icon needs to look at least a little like the model.

So, basically I need to know if this is a new unit or a GC Persian version of the Rocket Artillery with new stats. If it's this case, then we really should use the Rocket Artillery Icon/Flag, so it looks more consistent on the map, not only for GC Persian players, but for other players playing against GC Persia.

If it's a new unit, then we need to determine the model to use, and that choice will help us find the best Icon/Flag combination to use for it. Also, if it's a new unit, I'll need to know the name of the unit, the prerequisite and obsolete (if any) techs, and are there any Strategic Resources required (i.e. Aluminum, Uranium, and how many). Are there any build limits - a limited number GC Persia can build? Is there a required building in the City before it can be built? It will have +1 range, but will it have any other promotions ("siege" units have a lot of normal promotions, e.g. Bonus vs. Cities (200), limited visibility, indirect fire, no defensive terrain bonuses, must be set up to fire, etc.).

So, if you want to add this as a new unit, take a look at some other "late era" unit mods and see if there's a model you'd like to use for this unit.

EDIT: Also - I need a name for the Immortal unit. Since there's already an Immortal (Vanilla Civ), I'll need a new name for GC Persia's version. 'Grand Colossal Immortal' might be a bit much, but let me know.

Last edited:
I have got an alternate model for the War Chariot unit working, so that is fixed. All the other requested changes have been finished. I'm a little confused about this part:

Is this a new unit or does it replace the existing the game's existing Rocket Artillery unit? Or a different unit? I'm also not exactly sure what I'm using to replace what.

In Civ5's jargon, we have two basic terms.

Icon: this is the "picture" of the unit that appears in the Unit Panel, in the lower left part of the screen when you select a particular unit (in the large circle, to the left of the unit's stats).

Flag: this is the monochrome "silhouette" also in the Unit Panel, but in the smaller circle.

I don't want to use the GDR's Flag for a different unit, as this gets very confusing on the map. I can add a new Flag that's similar to avoid confusion (i.e. make it a bit smaller and reverse its orientation so it looks differently). I also don't want to reuse the GDR's Icon for a Rocket Artillery unit - this is also confusing, and honestly doesn't look very good to the player or players fighting GC Persia.

I'm not sure what model to use for the unit - the current Rocket Artillery or something else? The exact Icon I use will be decided by the exact model - the Icon needs to look at least a little like the model.

So, basically I need to know if this is a new unit or a GC Persian version of the Rocket Artillery with new stats. If it's this case, then we really should use the Rocket Artillery Icon/Flag, so it looks more consistent on the map, not only for GC Persian players, but for other players playing against GC Persia.

If it's a new unit, then we need to determine the model to use, and that choice will help us find the best Icon/Flag combination to use for it. Also, if it's a new unit, I'll need to know the name of the unit, the prerequisite and obsolete (if any) techs, and are there any Strategic Resources required (i.e. Aluminum, Uranium, and how many). Are there any build limits - a limited number GC Persia can build? Is there a required building in the City before it can be built? It will have +1 range, but will it have any other promotions ("siege" units have a lot of normal promotions, e.g. Bonus vs. Cities (200), limited visibility, indirect fire, no defensive terrain bonuses, must be set up to fire, etc.).

So, if you want to add this as a new unit, take a look at some other "late era" unit mods and see if there's a model you'd like to use for this unit.

EDIT: Also - I need a name for the Immortal unit. Since there's already an Immortal (Vanilla Civ), I'll need a new name for GC Persia's version. 'Grand Colossal Immortal' might be a bit much, but let me know.

Thank you so much!
No Need to apologize mate! You are doing everyone a favor.
1) The rocket artillery will be replaced yes. You can call it Monster Rocket Artillery. This is unique to Persia. I want both of them in the OP and Non-OP version please! The icon can be just a picture of a spaceship rocket I guess. Or you can add a star on top of the rocket artillery
Prerequisites: same as rocket artillery techs.
+1 range
Indirect fire just like rocket artillery
Bonus vs cities 200
No defensive terrain bonus
No visibility penalty
OP version: +1 range 80 ranged strength Combat strength: 65
NON OP: +1 range, 66 ranged strength Combat strength: 50
2) For the name we can call Elite Immortals.

NON-OP Persia: Ability Fall of Babylon: +1 movement for all ranged units (haha I want this). 15% combat strength when at War. No bonuses during Golden age anymore.
Elite Immortal: 16 combat strength Heals fully when kills an enemy and upgrades into musketman
Rostam Soldier: Replaces Rifleman. 40 Combat strength and heals fully when it kills an enemy.
The cannon which u made for OP Persia please just have it here as well. It had +1 range
Monster Rocket artillery:+1 range, 66 ranged strength Combat strength: 50 (same as above indirect fire, etc....)

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback. Quick questions:
1. OK - can replace the Rocket Arty, but do you want to use the same model as the Vanilla game? If you have a different model in mind (e.g. from a different mod), point me to the mod, so I can pull the model into this mod. The actual model we use will help me find the best possible Icon for the new unit. If we use the same model as Vanilla, I can perhaps recolor it a bit, then adjust the current Icon, so it's similar, but still shows the variety of the new unit.

2. The rest of the stats, items, abilities, etc., are largely done.

So, almost done with OP Persia, the "normal" version will take about an hour to finalize.

**********************************************************************************

BTW, I was working on a different mod, when I ran across this one:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/persian-riflemen.17248/

How do you feel about using this art for the Rifleman unit? Or perhaps keep the Riflemen we have and use this mod for a Musketman replacement?

Thank you friend
Great Job!
The rifleman art looks great so it will be a rifleman replacement. Great job on your mod. 2 suggestions 1) Perhaps we can use the logo for Norwegian sky infantry or 2) Can you make the skin color of the some of the soldier a bit lighter cause Persians are not that dark? Up to you though xd. The mod you made we can also use for another civilization for sure or for this one.

-1) I am not sure about an Icon for Rocket Artillery. I saw some later era units but mostly are melee like here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121202555&searchtext=future.
So please add the Golden Age boost to OP Persia as well

Non-op Persia
******I missed this: Royal Satrap Court. (Replaces Satrap) +3 Happiness +5 Gold 25% Gold +3 Science
NON-OP Persia: Ability Fall of Babylon: +1 movement for all ranged units (haha I want this). 15% combat strength when at War. No bonuses during Golden age anymore.
Elite Immortal: 16 combat strength Heals fully when kills an enemy and upgrades into musketman
Rostam Soldier: Replaces Rifleman. 40 Combat strength and heals fully when it kills an enemy.
The cannon which u made for OP Persia please just have it here as well. It had +1 range
Monster Rocket artillery:+1 range, 66 ranged strength Combat strength: 50 (same as above indirect fire, etc....)

Last edited:
New version of the mod is posted - with all the notes I've been given. Please test it to see if there is anything broken.

upload_2019-9-6_7-29-6.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_7-29-16.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_7-29-38.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_7-29-50.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_7-30-14.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_7-30-30.jpeg upload_2019-9-6_7-30-43.jpeg

Appreciate any feedback.

EDIT: I plan on building the "normal" version once we get OP version perfect.

Damn you are really good here! Love the monster rocket artillery lol very futuristic.
Never in 1 million years could I make this!
Could you please add Capital to King Darius The Great (The in capital looks more badass I guess lol)
Will u posted on steam please as well? Ofc you should cause it is amazing.
May I please make some suggestions?
-Can You change the name of the Great Bombard to Toopchi (means Canon )
-We can call the Buffed elite rifleman Rostam (he was a persian mythical character like Hercules etc)
-extreme immortal I guess we can call Elite Immortals
-Did you also add Scientific Satrap with huge boosts to Science
-So I have a suggestions for the Monster Rocket Artillery:
we can try this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387744315&searchtext=wonder+units see "Schwerer Gustav"(Heavy Artillery):
-Do you think the Railgun Armor icon looks better for Rocket artillery or we keep the tank for rocket artillery? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121202555
We can also use prism tank from Red Alert 2 America it has an eagle icon which looks nice
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...24&searchtext=Red+Alert+2+Allies+Civilization
-If anyone asks you why this Civ is so overpowered. It is against overpowered deity AIs such as Holloween civilization, reaper Civ and Master PC race mod

Last edited:
I've changed the names of the 3 units you mentioned (Bombard -> Toopchi, Rifleman -> Rostam, and Immortal -> Elite Immortal).

The building currently in the mod is called, "Scientific Paradise" - Here is the "help" for that building:

Unique Grand Colossal Persian Bank Replacement. Adds +20 Culture, Gold, Happiness, and Science. Requires Market.

Should I rename this building to "Scientific Satarap" or do you want a new building? If a new building, what stats should it have?

I'm not sure what to do with the "Wonderful Units" you linked to. That mod simply adds a replacement unit for Artillery (Gustav), with new stats but still using the same Artillery artwork. I don't see how it can help us at all.

I looked around at a lot of late-game unit models, and selected the one I thought looked the best on the map and had the coolest attack animation. So, when I selected a model, I looked through my library of unit Icons and picked the Icon that looked the closest to the model itself. Since this unit replaces Rocket Artillery, I think we really must use the Rocket Artillery Flag, otherwise the map looks quite confusing. Almost all mods I've seen that replace units do the same.

The Railgun Armor Icon is nice, but it really doesn't look like the unit model I'm using. If the model for Monster Rocket Artillery is OK, then I really think we should use the Icon that looks the closest to the actual model.

Now, that's not to say we couldn't come up with a Modern Armor replacement unit - from the "Beyond the Future" mod - and give it some fantastic, OP promotions (extra moves, double attack, heal on move/kill, etc.). Of course, the most powerful unit in the Vanilla game is the Giant Death Robot. One of my other mods replaces that with one that looks like the original model, but is much darker/almost black, and has many of these OP promotions, plus can carry 2 missiles. Talk about OP!

I think the Monster Rocket Artillery unit model/Icon/Flag is actually pretty good, so I'd prefer to not change it. The Icon is really the closest one I could find that actually looks like the model. And the Rocket Artillery Flag is the best one, given normal modding etiquette. I think we should keep the MRA as is, and if you want to look at adding other late Era units, we should add those instead of changing this unit.

Let me know if you're interested in replacing either the Modern Armor or GDR units or both. If so, I'll find the closest Icon to match the model, but again I'd suggest keeping the Vanilla flags for these units

I didn't understand what you were suggesting about the Prism Tank/Red Alert 2. The Prism Tank simply reuses the Vanilla Rocket Artillery model, but uses a new Icon - that doesn't look anything like the model. I don't see how it helps us at all.

If you're looking for models that have a Persian "flair" - I can adjust the models a bit, adding an eagle from the Civ's Icon - something like this:

upload_2019-9-7_6-49-31.jpeg upload_2019-9-7_6-51-56.jpeg

A quick example, but adding things like these aren't too hard to do.

Good tip on the rationale for OP - I'll be sure to add that in the Steam Description.

Thank you for your suggestions. Everything looks awesome!:king:
Lets keep the animation and icon for Monster Rocket Artillery we can change the name to Monster Rocket Artillery Tank (This way the animation matches the Tank)
The Scientific Paradise is fine and thanks!
Feel free to add your modern armor and Giant Death Robot:love: and no Uranium requirement for Giant Death Robot!
About other OP civilizations: This youtube video shows the battle between all the OP Civs
Please let me know when it gets uploaded on steam

OK - I'll add those two units next. I had intended to call the Modern Armor replacement "Clibanarii Armor" and the GDR replacement unit "Apocolypse Robot".

Based on your comments, I think I'd like to use the current Monster Rocket Artillery model as the Clibanarii Armor unit (with the same Icon). I'll find a new MRA model/Icon to replace it. I'd like to use my "Laser Artillery" unit from this mod: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/advanced-artillery-units.26781/

Or, if you like the Railgun Artillery unit in that mod, I can also use it. Just thought the Laser Arty unit has a different attack animation than the new Modern Armor and GDR units - a little variety at end game...

BTW - if we're not using Uranium for the Apoc Robot, shall we use Aluminum as a required resource? Actually, Aluminum for all 3: MRA, Clib Armor, and Apoc Robot?

Also, I'll take a quick look at the unit models already added, and see if there's any way to add the Golden Eagle symbol to them - to provide a little continuity of the units as they move through the Tech Tree.

Should have the next version ready in an hour or so. It really needs to be tested to see what "bugs" are there. Also, I'm missing a Civilopedia entry for the Scientific Paradise. Do you have any suggestions on what it should say or a similar, historical parallel I can research?

EDIT: Make that a couple of hours. I have an idea... :lol:

EDIT2: Just FYI - I'll publish this on Steam when the mod reaches a "stable" rating. To me, this means I have no more changes to make and the mod has been successfully play-tested. The main reason is I'd prefer to have all the bugs found/fixed here - even if I have to rebuild the mod 10 times. This way, once it finally does release on Steam, we won't have to constantly inconvenience players with new versions as we find things that should have been fixed before the mod first releases.

Other wise, you end up with a slowly-improving mod and a bunch of angry players...

EDIT3: I'm also assuming - you want the Modern Armor and GDR replacements OP as well?

Last edited:
Apocolypse Robot sounds badass will it be a ranged unit or melee? LOL just imagine a Unit that can do both xD
I am thinking we can have maybe 2 GDR one is for melee then and one is for Ranged or one that can do both?
Maybe Apocolypse Robot can have yellow and red decoration to symbolize destruction like nuclear bomb
Here we see a capital ship as ranged GDR https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201432312&searchtext=reaper

I like the visual of the Laser Artillery better but i think we have both Laser Artillery and Rail Gun Artillery. Rail gun can you change the color from green to shiny yellow or something?
Do you have any other Tank artillery mods?
Which is more advanced realistically laser or Railgun?
If railgun is more advanced please increase melee combat strength to 100. If Laser is more advanced then we can switch the stats.
They are unique Persian units for the mod right LOL? :cool:
I will check several times throughout the day :c5happy:
Cannot wait for a steam version haha

Edit: I found the mods but i don't want to make the creator angry.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/advanced-ground-units.548595/
I like this one https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/modernmbt-jpg.394976/ the yellow white one in the middle it looks amazing. This will be a modern armor replacement. Is this melee? or we can replace it with Railgun destroyer

This one is for artillery
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/advanced-ground-units.548595/

Last edited:
The ApocRobot is largely black in color. It's no problem to make it both melee and ranged, but it's a bit tricky when playing: you have to press the "crossed swords" action button to melee attack. If you simply select an enemy unit and left-click to attack, the default is to a ranged attack. It really isn't a problem though to learn this. But also remember, this robot carries up to 2 missiles, so it has some range ability, even if it were melee only. But, I'll make it both in the next version - so you can test it to see if you like it.

Lasers, as a weapon, exist already. While there are some railgun prototypes in existence, the technology is not nearly advanced. So, I'd say the Laser is less-advanced than the railgun. We can make the stats whatever we want. For the next version, I'll make the Monster Laser Artillery unit ranged attack at 90.

I thought that all 3 of these units are replacements for their Vanilla counterparts (Rocket Artillery, Modern Armor, and GDR). I can make the new UU's but why would anyone use the Vanilla units when the replacements are dramatically better at about the same cost? Might as well keep them as replacements and make it easier on the GCP player.

You are the creator of the mod so I abide by what you say. It is just that I wanted the monster version or improved version of these prototypes to belong to Persia or other Unique Civs we have in the future (Not deity AI). xD the Vanilla counterparts are not as good because we want our unique Civs to get an advantage xd not the Deity AI
we can discuss it more if you like but the monster version for Persia should have higher combat strength, range strength and +1 range
In summary: Deity AIs should not get the benefit of these units. This is what I meant
I will test it when you upload on stea
Thanks a lot mate!

Last edited:
WOW congratz!
Sorry when I went to mods. The leader's name Grand Darius does not appear. I only see Darius The Great (Vanilla). I checked Grand Darius none I could find (he is not above Gustov Adolphus). I did press subscribe and pressed next after clicking mods.
Maybe we should have both Monster Rail Gun and Monster Laser Artillery. You can just have both available at rocketry why not LOL
May I suggest some stats:
Monster Laser Artillery: +1 range 80 Combat strength 100 Ranged strength
Monster RailGun Artillery: +1 range 70 Combat Strength 120 Ranged Strength (This is stronger but lower combat strength to match the more advanced state)
Let me know and as always thank u sir!

Last edited:
I'll add those suggestions to the list of things to change for the next version. Am expecting a few more suggestions from players, as they find things I missed during testing. And I usually missing some things during testing... :crazyeye:

Here is my reply to you on Steam:

Not sure about that - never saw this problem during testing. You might try unsubscribing from the mod, exiting then restarting Civ5, then go into the MODS menu, and press the "GET MODS" button at the bottom center of the screen.

Then search for 'Persia' in the Steam area - and GCP should be about the first mod shown. Click on the mod, then select 'Subscribe' then click on the 'Click here to return to the game' link at the top center of the screen. Enable the mod, then click 'NEXT' to go into Game Setup.

Hopefully, Grand Daruis I won't be hiding from you by then...

If he is, you may want to do something drastic.

1. Unsubscribe from the mod

2. Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and navigate to your MODS folder, usually some place like:

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

Where 'XXXX' is the folder under which you installed the game on your computer.

3. If you see a folder called, 'Grand Colossal Persia' then delete it entirely.

4. Clear the game cache. This will completely restore the game's databases to their "normal" state, removing any legacy artifacts lurking in those tables that might be causing a conflict with the game. This is especially important if you have multiple versions of the mod, from both direct downloads and Steam. It will also force a fresh download of all your mods, so this might take a bit.

Instructions are located at:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1562440077/1744478429696414681/

5. Restart Civ5, then repeat the instructions at the top of this post - searching and subscribing from Steam from inside the game.

After all this work, if GD1 is still hiding from you, we'll have to go even further - basically examining game logs to see why there's a conflict. I'm suspecting you're probably from problems arising from steps 3 & 4 above.

Good luck!

Monster Laser Artillery: +1 range 80 Combat strength 100 Ranged strength
Monster RailGun Artillery: +1 range 70 Combat Strength 120 Ranged Strength (This is stronger but lower combat strength to match the more advanced state)

No problem adding the new unit, although it will require some reworking of the Icon atlases. Questions:

1. Does the Monster Railgun Artillery replace the Monster Laser Artillery?
2. I'm assuming the MRA unit would come in about the same time as the Apocalypse Robot (Nuclear Fusion)?
3. All 'siege' units already have +1 range, e.g. Rocket Artillery has a range of 3, while Monster Laser Artillery has a range of 4. Did you mean MLA should have a range of 5?
4. What is the 'actual' range of the Monster Railgun Artillery?
5. What are the specific promotions the MRA unit have different from MLA, if any? (For example: more damage against Cities? Units in the Open? Better defense against air attacks? etc.)

There will probably be other questions later, but I'd definitely need these answered before I can add the unit.

Top Bottom