Darius, The Best Leader.

I find this a bit confusing and wonder what game you are playing? Even when I am on Deity and trying to conquest myself into some land the AI usually has nothing more than Longbows at 800-1000 AD and never have the tactical or numerical advantage to stop my quick push.

On Monarch I can reach Rifles no later than 1100 AD (research slower on Monarch) ...
Don't they fear that you are becoming too advanced when you try to trade for techs on Emperor?

Also 60 longbows by Sitting Bull is a serious business. :)

Don't they fear that you are becoming too advanced when you try to trade for techs on Emperor?

HUH? You can keenly trade on Deity w/out worry about this too much, let alone a novice level like Emperor. I've never met an AI, Deity or other, ever have a 60 unit stack - nor even half that by 1000 AD.

It's really a simple process. If you are running a CE/SE of some sort 8 cities usually brings in 500-700 :science: around 1000-1100 AD. If you're running a HE of some sort you usually need a few more cities to get as many beakers and maintain tech parity. Of course, with a HE, after your initial gold upgrades you have the ability to really push a sick amount of units from your cities.

a novice level like Emperor.

That only leaves immortal and Diety to be "Not Novice". I know this is a bad source, but if you hold your curser over the difficulty of Emperor, it states that only a few can get this far and it's a very difficult leval. Plus, if Emp is Novice, than that means immortal is moderate, and diety... Somewhat Challenging?

CRUSHER, CAN YOU BEAT DIETY WITH ONLY MODERATE CHALANGE?

Yes I can. However, I haven't mastered the game. I play very specifically with gauged and predictable results - lots of room to span outward with variety - but I don't like variety much - I like reproduceable and exact gaming measures geared at "perfection". Anyone can win by AP - it's not difficult. However, the funnest part about the game after a while is not gaming at all but Forum wrestling matches. But, the bottom line, regardless what nonsense Myself or anyone else talks, are results.

I tend to get a lot of disagreement from some mid - strong tier players but I can back it up with results and specific WB examples, not just random forum game theory which is where the vast majority of players are coming from - even though they think otherwise.

Yes I can. However, I haven't mastered the game. I play very specifically with gauged and predictable results - lots of room to span outward with variety - but I don't like variety much - I like reproduceable and exact gaming measures geared at "perfection". Anyone can win by AP - it's not difficult. However, the funnest part about the game after a while is not gaming at all but Forum wrestling matches. But, the bottom line, regardless what nonsense Myself or anyone else talks, are results.

I tend to get a lot of disagreement from some mid - strong tier players but I can back it up with results and specific WB examples, not just random forum game theory which is where the vast majority of players are coming from - even though they think otherwise.

I strongly agree!

Crusher, you should post a Let's play, Of the 4-ish- Ones on you tube, TMIT was the only one who didn't play on settler... Someone who could represent it on diety, huge map! Would be a downright inspiration to all of the players. We could learn SO much from a diety game. You should do it! ALL IN FAVOR SAY I!!!

Or we could just click on the forum thread were Obsolete won via AP with 3 cities and hopelessly in last place. It would be the same thing that anyone with moderate Diplomacy skill could reproduce.

Matter of fact, I believe Mirthadir has won a DEITY>TERRA>HUGE map OCC with AP before.

Don't worry about Deity - a lot of it is random luck via dice rolls and some starts are so poor that they are simply impossible to overcome.

Immortal and Emperor (although pretty easy in comparison) offer the user the most fun imo because you can play with a wider variety of tactics and just plain weird stuff and still win.

You play a wide variety of tactics/strategies on deity as well. The main difference is that you have to correctly identify the right approach on the more difficult maps.

HUH? You can keenly trade on Deity w/out worry about this too much, let alone a novice level like Emperor. I've never met an AI, Deity or other, ever have a 60 unit stack - nor even half that by 1000 AD.

It's really a simple process. If you are running a CE/SE of some sort 8 cities usually brings in 500-700 :science: around 1000-1100 AD. If you're running a HE of some sort you usually need a few more cities to get as many beakers and maintain tech parity. Of course, with a HE, after your initial gold upgrades you have the ability to really push a sick amount of units from your cities.

Monty or Shaka in police state with some problem getting mideviel units will do it. Most commonly huge AI stacks in the early ADs occur because the AI has the :hammers: to be building macemen, pike, and knights; but is stuck with jags, impis, and chariots due to lack of iron or even all metals. This tends to make them easy kills, unless they get the magic rifling upgrade before you kill them.

As far as deity AP.

My OCC challenge of doom was Deity > Huge > Pangea. I ended up in the Buddhist bloc (Zara, Izzy, and a few others - one of which was a HR favorite civic, another was B), there were plenty of heathen out there so I had zero chance of any of my neighbors declaring on me. I bulbed theo idioticly early off an obelisk, and built a Christian AP (religion flip the turn before completion). I flipped back to buddhism and then started sending out missionaries. I dipped into NSR (yes, I was running NSR/Theocracy) several times to get OB so I could send in missionaries. Once everyone had a Christian city I was the only candidate up for election I had my Buddhist buddies vote for me as Pope. Game over.

Oh and my armed forces consisted of one warrior the entire game. :D

Top Bottom