Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Whenever I go in this forum I am always reminded that this is a massive infestation of History nerds and history buffs (since I'm I as well).

It's not based on a year. It happens when you remove the Moors from Iberia.

Spoiler :

def onTechAcquired(iTech, iTeam, iPlayer):
iCiv = civ(iPlayer)
iEra = infos.tech(iTech).getEra()
if iCiv == iSpain:
if iEra == iRenaissance and player(iCiv).getPeriod() == -1:
if player(iMoors).isAlive() and cities.owner(iMoors).region(rIberia).none():
setPeriod(iSpain, iPeriodSpain)
setPeriod(iMoors, iPeriodMorocco)​

I looked at the code. If I'm not mistaken it seems that Spanish core change doesn't trigger if they completely kill off Moors before entering Renaissance Era. Not sure if this is intentional.

Edit: At least I think part of the code that triggers Core changes is Assets/Python/Periods.py

Just love assets/sound/soundtrack/Christian1.mp3 so much!! :crazyeye::crazyeye: Could anyone tell its name?

I noticed that the mountain tile in lower Italy was removed. I liked it as at times an eruption occur and would rain down destruction on my tiles. Kinda reminds of Pompeii

Is it possible to add a different culture or strengthen its existing culture? For example: Greece respawned in the early 19th century, but if I zoom in on Athens I noticed that 27% is only Greek while 70% is Turkish. While I do understand game wise Greece was dead for a very long time (I'm playing the 3000BC start date), It isn't quite historical to me. It's not a huge deal, but I was wondering if I can change it manually for my liking :)

You can change this in the worldbuilder, if you select the plot you want to edit with the plot data icon, you will see the culture values for each civ and can change them

Has anyone ever used Public Welfare? I've yet to come across a situation in which it was really even a contender, it always becomes available after both Free Market and Central Planning and seems to be pretty much entirely outclassed by both of them.

Has anyone ever used Public Welfare? I've yet to come across a situation in which it was really even a contender, it always becomes available after both Free Market and Central Planning and seems to be pretty much entirely outclassed by both of them.

It depends on your situation in-game, which I guess it's how it's supposed to be. If you have a lot of corporations, it is often worth it. It is not always the best civic to choose in every situation, but if that was the case, it would be OP and in need of a nerf.

UHV as Persia: :strength:

The best way to deal with Greek Conquerors is to eliminate Greece first. :D

Romans were easy with a few Savaran.

I set most of my cities outside of historical territory free (independents/Chola) after completing the 7% goal.

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Isn't there an infinite "change civs" option somewhere in the files? I'd like to change that but I don't know where to look and what to do, as I don't mess around with codes

Isn't there an infinite "change civs" option somewhere in the files? I'd like to change that but I don't know where to look and what to do, as I don't mess around with codes

What do you mean? To be able to do it without anarchy?

What do you mean? To be able to do it without anarchy?
I mean just the amount of times you can switch civs, right now I don't think you can do it infinitely and I'm asking if there is a command or something to adjust that value.
The pop-up that comes up with "Do you want to take permanent control of the x civilization?"

There is option in platybuilder to be able to switch indefinetely. You can also disable already switched civilization in the same place after every time you switch.

Top Bottom