Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

that's not how political imagery works.

Oh so that's why everybody constantly misinterprets my good luck swastikas.

Did you ever do something about those Marsh Watermills though?

No.

Is it intended that you can't build cottages on Rainforest Plains after getting Bloomery like you can on Rainforest Grasslands?

Not intended, will check.

Is there a reason Ethiopia isn't playable in the 600 AD scenario? They're usually alive by this time in the games I've played, and according to wikipedia the Kingdom of Aksum survived until the 10th century.

Is there a reason Ethiopia isn't playable in the 600 AD scenario? They're usually alive by this time in the games I've played, and according to wikipedia the Kingdom of Aksum survived until the 10th century.

I believe it's a legacy from the times before the 1700 AD scenario was added, where basically if a civ could not clear its UHV on the 600 AD start, they would not be playable (or even placed). You can see that with India, Tamils, Ethiopia, and Mayans, all of whom have UHV's which trigger before 600 AD.

Contrast that against the 1700 AD start, where civs are playable even with undoable UHV's (Austria, China, etc), and others have the pre-1700 conditions checked off (Russia, Japan) if their UHV has more of an endgame lean.

Has anyone achieve Mongolia UHV in 1.15? I'm terrible at warfare so i have no idea how to achieve it. I would say currently isn't feasible but i'm not a good warchief so i don't trust my judgment.

I believe it's a legacy from the times before the 1700 AD scenario was added, where basically if a civ could not clear its UHV on the 600 AD start, they would not be playable (or even placed). You can see that with India, Tamils, Ethiopia, and Mayans, all of whom have UHV's which trigger before 600 AD.

Contrast that against the 1700 AD start, where civs are playable even with undoable UHV's (Austria, China, etc), and others have the pre-1700 conditions checked off (Russia, Japan) if their UHV has more of an endgame lean.

Not only that, it's a legacy of Rhye! He made the rule that civs that can't win their UHV cannot be played

Leoreth, strategic resources question: some mods (like Sengoku/embryodead) make the owner of a strategic resource able to construct buildings/units faster than civs that are without the strategic resource. What is your view on adapting that approach to some or most strategic resources? In history you could get hold of most things, just at a very high price, or with some really incredible engineering creativity.

I have been thinking about this, but access to resources is also used to historically restrict available units in certain geographic areas, such as pre-Columbian America, so I don't think that's going to work.

Pretty random question, but do you play Magic: The Gathering, Leoreth? I just noticed this, but the civic art for Centralism appears on a Magic card, and I was curious where you picked that art up at.

Does it? I don't play Magic.

Huh, I don't know either. I found the art in other mods. Do you have a contact for the artist?

Yeah, I definitely want to get this straightened out.

I'm probably being dense, but how would one attack an independent city with a Khampa, due to their ability to access foreign territory by default?

One way to do it is to turn on the option to show minor civs in scoreboard (BUG mod options) and then declare war on the independents by alt+click and hope you picked the right ones.

Use another unit to declare war. It can even be far away. If your target civ controls any impassable tiles like peaks, use those.

I'm probably being dense, but how would one attack an independent city with a Khampa, due to their ability to access foreign territory by default?
Just enter their territory with another unit to declare war (not don't enter, but send the unit there so you get the pop up asking if you want to declare war)

Top Bottom