Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Quick update: I created a new release (1.17.2) and updated the installer for the latest state, in case you want the latest fixes without using git.

Quick update: I created a new release (1.17.2) and updated the installer for the latest state, in case you want the latest fixes without using git.
Do you expect to push out any more updates any time soon?

Nope! Only bugfixes and all reports I had are cleared.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that Isolationism and not having Open borders ought to decrease the plague spread chance.

Since the issue fixed with the recent update is fairly significant, I will probably upload 1.17.3 soon so everyone has access to the fixed version.

I uploaded another installer release for v1.17.3, including patches from all previous v1.17.x versions.

Hello everyone. Sorry in advance for my English.

I played a game for Mongolia until 2010. By that time I already had a space elevator. And the Turks studied the technology of the first aircraft. I know that in older versions of the mod there was a problem that Turkey was too strong. I also played on the easiest difficulty. But it seems to me that this is a clear imbalance. In addition, throughout the game I gave technology to other countries, because they themselves were not able to research.

Among the good changes, I can note high productivity. I have a rather weak computer, but this time the game ran very quickly. And a more sensitive stability system.

I will attach my save to this post. So that you can see everything for yourself.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-2010-January Turn 1460.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Can someone tell me (a relative noob) how to change the core maps? I'd like to add South America as historical territory for the Moors.
Alternatively is there a way to use worldbuilder to forbid collapse?

Also, Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me (a relative noob) how to change the core maps? I'd like to add South America as historical territory for the Moors.

Was awkward but figured it out.

1. Make sure you have Notepad++ installed.
2. Navigate to your Mods/RFC Dawn of Civilization directory. Navigate to RFC Dawn of Civilization/Assets/Python.
3. Open Areas.py and SettlerMaps.py in Notepad++.
4. In order to edit core maps, enter Areas.py. Ctrl+F the civ that you want. Navigate to the core area. There should be coordinates that correspond to the worldbuilder (Ctrl+W) and the core map ingame. Edit as you please. For example, I changed Moors from ((51, 37), (53, 42)), to ((51, 37), (53, 42)), so that I could have Wahran and Tunis as core cities.
5. In order to edit flip maps, enter Areas.py. Ctrl+F the civ that you want. Repeat the similar process to above. Note that there are some tiles that are exceptions in a category below.
6. In order to edit stability maps, enter SettlerMaps.py in Notepad++. Ctrl+F your civ. The numbers will resemble something akin to a map, with each number representing an in-game tile. I haven't figured out an easy way to distinguish them other than by careful reference. In short, if SettlerMap value is greater than 90, the tile counts as historical.
7. Save files when done and launch game.

Hope this helps any other noobs!

Attachments

• moors core.png
    moors core.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • moors expansion.png
    moors expansion.png
    566.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi again! I have a question about Brazil spawning. That does not occur if Portugal empire is alive and kicking solid, right? I'm having a game with Moors and vassalized Portugal in a very early game when they had only two cities. I took Lisboa and left them with Funchal. It is past 1830AD and they still have only one city. The French (also my vassal) have a couple of cities in Brazil. The Brazils did not spawn. So solid Portugal, one city, no Brazil. Thoughts?

It has been well over 10 years with this mod and it has been easily the most played game by me through these years. Don't know if the there is something wrong with me or are you Leoreth just too damn good!:clap::worship::woohoo::yup:

The mechanism is the same for all colonial American civs that aren't the USA: they will not spawn if every player with at least one city in their birth area is Solid.

Wasn't it possible through the worldbuilder (DOCMAPS) to change cores, or am I mixing things up? or it been removed?

Wasn't it possible through the worldbuilder (DOCMAPS) to change cores, or am I mixing things up? or it been removed?
it was removed a few updates ago as it's no longer supported

Hello everyone. Sorry in advance for my English.

I played a game for Mongolia until 2010. By that time I already had a space elevator. And the Turks studied the technology of the first aircraft. I know that in older versions of the mod there was a problem that Turkey was too strong. I also played on the easiest difficulty. But it seems to me that this is a clear imbalance. In addition, throughout the game I gave technology to other countries, because they themselves were not able to research.

Among the good changes, I can note high productivity. I have a rather weak computer, but this time the game ran very quickly. And a more sensitive stability system.

I will attach my save to this post. So that you can see everything for yourself.

Yurigrad xD
what DoC version is it? Persia looks soo nice!

Is there any way to mod the game where eliminated civs don’t return.

Top Bottom