DD06A - Going Home (Game 2)

denyd

Emperor
PBEM DD06A: Going Home Parameters

Storyline: Your home world is dying due to an uncontrolled plague. You are 1 of 4 leaders of a planetary colonization expedition with the balance of your colonists in stasis. While the team is reviewing the planetary survey, your ship is mortally damaged by a Cosmic String (think Titanic versus Iceberg). You and your shipmates quickly begin the procedures to separate the ship into the 4 (6) landing pods and to begin your descent to your new home world. Just as you are completing the separation check-list the mother ships’ computer informs you that a chemical has been discovered on the planet that will cure the plague back home. You now have the chance to be the savior to the billons left behind on your home world. All you need to do is tame this new world and construct a space ship to return home.

Number of human players: 4
Number of AI: Zero
Level: Monarch
Size: Large
Map: Normal weather & terrain on a Pangaea map
Barbarians: Roaming
SGL: Off
Statue of Zeus: Available as Minor Wonder requires horses
Knights Templar: Available as Minor Wonder requires iron

Starting bonus: Each tribe starts with 2 settlers & 2 workers & 1 Explorer

Special rules: Spaceship launch is the only option for victory
There is no fog of war (full map view for all)
Barbarians will be swords, knights & privateers
Map will be a polar view (x & y axis movement)

Roster:
Cyc (Ottomans)
Remake20 (Persia)
Soul_Warrior (Greece)
DenyD (Sumer)

Game started - Save sent to Cyc

Take a look around on turn 1 and make sure everything looks ok. It's better to fix it on turn 1 than on turn 50

Great start. Great map. Everything looks good and it should be a great game (both of them). Both games have the same 4 teams - all from the breadbasket of the world.

Barbs will be an issue, tho. :ninja::lol:

gps to remake20.

Will try to play tonight, But I leave on vacation late tonight and won't be able to play.

How long are you going to be on vacation, remake20? You didn't post in the top thread. Thanks.

I leave late tonight. I won't beable to play much on vacation, cause I'm going to play Spore creature creator, witch I got for free.

remake20 just noticed that the fog of war is still there.

Was it there for you Cyc?

If not, do you want to go ahead or have me remove it and resend turn 1?

remake20 just noticed that the fog of war is still there.

Was it there for you Cyc?

If not, do you want to go ahead or have me remove it and resend turn 1?

Yes please

Ok, starting over with full map revealed

Yes, there are a lot of goody huts and if you use them wisely you'll be out of the AA before 1000 BC

GPS to Cyc

Yeah, it was there. I'm glad we started over. I bet I can call the start locations for everyone. ;)

gps to remake20.

Thanks DD for giving full view of map. Vacation going well. I can't play saves though.

I forgot to mention, my explorer came across the Einstein clan in a goody hut. They promptly gave him maps of the area. :rolleyes:

GPS to Soul

GPS to Cyc

Ignore that file - I sent you the DD06 save - DD06A is will be played soon and sent - Sorry for the confusion

Just help out the old guys (like me), it would help if files were labeled GAME-PLAYER-YEAR - like DD06-DenyD-3800BC.sav

Thanks

I just received the save. It is for year 3850bc. The last save I sent to remake20 was the year 3950bc. What happened to year 3900bc? I realize we just took ten days off from this game, but we shouldn't have lost a turn. I will go back now and find out if the save was just labeled wrong. If the game DOES say 3850bc, I might be gone longer....

EDIT:Ok, this save is for Persia. It was probably labeled wrong and goes to the DD06 game. Right?

No problem. I label mine (usually) Cyc - Game, turn, year. That way they are easy to trace and eliminate confusion on the fly.

I'll eject this save from my inbox.

GPS to Cyc (right file I hope)

All is well. gps to remake20.

This upcoming year I'm not going to be able to play the saves as much, so I'm going to have to drop out, cause I'm afraid that I'll slow this game down to the point that it never finishes. If you still want me I stay in.

This upcoming year I'm not going to be able to play the saves as much, so I'm going to have to drop out, cause I'm afraid that I'll slow this game down to the point that it never finishes. If you still want me I stay in.

I'm sorry to lose you.

Why don't you post in the replacement players thread and stay with the game until you get a substitute players. That will keep the game moving and still let you escape once a replacement is found.

Top Bottom