Defying Resolutions

obsolete

Deity
I like the fact that you can't be forced into UN controlled civics anymore. However I found the online civopedia lacking in this area for explanation.

From what I can see, I get about a +5 unhappiness for each time I defy a resolution. These stack, but it seems through time (or other effects as well?) you can lose some of the unhappiness in chunks of 5.

I'd like a little discussion here on every little bit regarding this new system so I have a better understanding of it.

I'm not sure how many turns it takes, but the -5 modifiers to go away. Something else I noticed was this...

I built the UN, Ragnar was elected (really pissed me off because I was +15 or better with him the other largest civ), I defied universal environmentalism. Next election came up, I'm elected, but I can't propose resolutions because I'm only considered a voting memeber of the UN. 3rd election comes up, Im elected again and this time I can propose resolutions because the villain modifier is gone.

well, afaik the +5 go away once you vote yes for a resolution that passes. This can be used as a powerfull tool, especially if you you are in charge of the UN: let the AI vote on "no nukes" but defy yourself. Soak up the unhappyness until you can let them vote the next time, now pick something that will likely pass.

Its difficult to pull this off if you have too many votes however.

What's the point of doing that? If anyone defies a resolution it doesn't pass. If your idea is that you'll be able to build nukes but they won't, it's inaccurate.

This can be used as a powerfull tool, especially if you you are in charge of the UN: let the AI vote on "no nukes" but defy yourself. Soak up the unhappyness until you can let them vote the next time, now pick something that will likely pass.

As I understand it, if anyone defies, the resolution doesn't pass. So in that scenario you're only hurting yourself by getting the unhappieness. It's not like you're the only one allowed to build nukes.

huch, my mistake ... sounded like a good idea, but thats what you get for not actually trying it in the game :)

well, afaik the +5 go away once you vote yes for a resolution that passes.

I noticed this too, but when you are -15, you only lose 5 of them at a time. I guess that is fair.

I'm still not sure, how many turns do you have to wait for the 5 faces to disappear?

Top Bottom