Deity conquest 1190 AD

AZ, I don't understand why you state at the start of the video that I didn't do a detailed walkthrough. I did, quite clearly, in this thread.

I'm about half through with your vid and still not quite sure why you end up abandoning the attempt. Your approach was quite different from mine (e.g. no cottages at all) and you managed to get Engineering before 600 BC which is significantly earlier than I did on this map. On the other hand your research post-Engineering is looking a lot weaker than what I had, since you didn't go for cottages. Also, by the time I bulbed Engineering all my infrastructure was ready (granaries, forges, barracks) and I'd already put out a lot of crossbows; so although I'm not that far into the video yet I'm foreseeing a comparable 1 AD situation between our approaches.

On the other hand, I'm starting to favor bulbing MC too, the way you do. I tried this once already and see that a philosophical leader can very reasonably get 3 GS and that seems to be slightly faster than teching MC conventionally. I still think some cottages are good though, because I prefer to be able to tech Feudalism -> Guilds reasonably fast after Engineering.

tried this approach, no luck thus far. maybe picked wrong opponents to attack first.
managed to do it with non-PHI leader also, ofc my Eng time was no-where near 600 BC, maybe 225-250BC or so. playing Immortal. guess it takes lots of practice to be successful.

Hey all,
i just tried this strat on immortal with Suleiman. Like oskar and tmit mentioned its a slaughterfest when you start to attack. The trebs just plow through the cities like nothing. My start was pretty cooked with gems+FPs and +2 AIs for a crowded continent. I made some small mistakes which resulted in 350BC attack date. 8-10 turns earlier would have been possible i think.

First attack:
Spoiler :

Conquest end:
Spoiler :

I played very sloppy after the second cap and a finish date somewhere 800-900AD would have been possible i think.I didnt keep any AI cities but the first 4 i captured (and some i got in the end) and finished with my highest score ever... but man what a fun.

Knightly_

AZ, I have just seen your video. Why didn't you bribed Mansa against Bismark? Wouldn't Bismark capitulate faster in this case due to one more front?...Is it risky due to capitulation to Mansa?

BtW, It seems that this in Warlords it's not possible to give cities to your vassals...I very wanted to try this strategy in Warlords. But it's very hard due to large number of cities.

One more question. Pangea maps have three types. Which one is easiest/hardest for such conquest?

Added: What about Gandhi for this strategy? His starting techs are worse, but spititual trait and fast workers could help.

Added: hr_oskar, how much time did it take your game?

RedKi-rr, I've done this with Gandhi. In fact the first few times I played this strat I always did it with Gandhi - he's generally my favorite leader. Fast workers are awesome, especially if your start is heavily forested (chopchopchop). I think Suleiman is slightly better due to the starting techs but Gandhi is a close second.

I play Pangea a lot but I always just go with the standard settings. I don't imagine it would make a big difference for this strat since the move 1 units are less bothered by rough terrain.

Top Bottom