Deity victory analysis post fall 2013 patch

I am necro'ing this post because I missed it when it first came out. It has also been another year and another significant balance patch. Finally, it seems to me that this thread died before OP interesting assertions were really hashed out.

Generally speaking, do folks really think that SV is easier or more reliable than Diplo? I still mostly go for peaceful SV as they feel honest (whatever that means). My recent DiploV have been harder than I expected, but were on weaker maps. But maybe I should aim for Diplo at the start and see if they feel like an honest challenge?

I have no clue what game people are playing where diplo is harder than science (which is already pretty easy though).

Sure you have this odd game once in a while where the AI eats half the city states but this is not the norm in my experience.
There is a reason why some advocates doing a Venice diplo victory for an easy Deity win. Or the high number of first deity wins being on diplo.

The victory has no tech requirement so being behind all game is not an issue (unless you get attacked but that's a problem for all victories). BNW Ai can also get pretty passive anyway. And finally the AI is not programmed to be competitive about diplovictory. The whole algorithm about whether or not an AI will gift a city state has no line related to diplomacy victory and votes calculation.

Moderator Action: BNW added as a prefix and "2013" added to thread title

Top Bottom