Democracy Game - problems with savegames, diplomacy

BeBro

King of the Krauts
I'm asking for support here in the name of the players of a Civ3 democracy game on a German board. Unfortunately I'm not involved in that game, so my info about the following problems isn't very detailed.

However, IIUC the players there have two massive problems:

- at a certain point in the game it is not possible to save it correctly anymore, any attempt leads to a crash
- diplomacy within the game also leads to a crash

I want to ask here if similar problems are known from other DGs, or if someone found a way to solve them. Our DG guys are afraid they can't continue their game. So any help would be great.

Hmm. What version/patch are they using? And it is Single Player, right? And have they modded the game in anyway? The only reason I think it might crash is if they aren't using the latest patch...I'll wait for more info. :)

I would assume it's C3C?

Did you start off with 1.15 and switch to 1.22? Does everyone have the latest patch? It could be one or more people don't have the latest, or correct patch. You may have to start back before you patched, or before someone played with a new patch. Other than that, we need more information. Is this SP or MP? And which Civ is it? Vanilla? PTW? C3C? Can you upload a save?

Ok, I'll ask them about this all, and also if they can provide a save ;)

Ginger_Ale said:
Hmm. What version/patch are they using? And it is Single Player, right? And have they modded the game in anyway? The only reason I think it might crash is if they aren't using the latest patch...I'll wait for more info. :)

We are playing PBEM with Civ3:ptW with the latest patch. No further modifications but some changes in civilizations attributes, for example commercial insteed of industrial.

Ok, that seems normal. Are you sure everyone playing the game is using 1.27f ? That's the only thing I can think of that would go wrong, sorry. When does the game crash exactly? When you try to enter the F4 screen, or when you press "Accept" on a deal, etc?

Ginger_Ale said:
Ok, that seems normal. Are you sure everyone playing the game is using 1.27f ? That's the only thing I can think of that would go wrong, sorry. When does the game crash exactly? When you try to enter the F4 screen, or when you press "Accept" on a deal, etc?

All players are using 1.27f now, but we started with 1.21f.
All players have switched from 1.21f to 1.27f at the same time.

The game crushes while saving or when someone try to enter the diplomacy screen to look for running deals.

Hmm...does it happen to everyone, or just some people? And are you using the right language patch (I dunno if this is a factor)? And...one last question: Did everyone upgrade at the same turn/time?

Ginger_Ale said:
Hmm...does it happen to everyone, or just some people? And are you using the right language patch (I dunno if this is a factor)? And...one last question: Did everyone upgrade at the same turn/time?
Edit: Deleted! Just read Mac's Post!

@1st Q: It happens to the latest-moving team when trying to save in 590AD; "Civilization3x has created a problem and must exit now. Do you want to send ... blablabla". The save was orrigianally created by the German Version, but some players play with the English one. AFAIK that doesn't choose any problems, does it?

@Phil: No, that shouldn't pose a problem as long as they are all using the respective country's version of 1.27f.

@Mac: Hmm...this one is hard. Perhaps you could upload the save before it crashes (580 AD, etc.) and the people here can see if it crashes for us. :)

During the last hours we have done some testings.
We are not able to fix the problem.
We have done some kind of total war: Every Civ declared war on every other civ. Next turn peace was established again, but still it is not possible to do business like ivory <-> 10 GpT or something like that.

I asked the colleagues to publish the actual save and the save before here, and the passwords too!
(I can't because I'm - guess where my nick came from - an Apple Macintosh User)

Top Bottom