1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Denounced?????

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by godevils, Dec 22, 2010.

1. godevils

godevils Chieftain

You have been denounced. Please explain the effects and why I should worry about it.

2. KahunaGod

KahunaGod Warlord

Because the entire world is about to give it to you up the pooper, without buying you dinner first.

3. Maktaka

Maktaka Warlord

Being denounced delivers a hit to your relations with that civilization (as does denouncing that civilization FYI). If two civilizations both denounce the same third party, they gain a bonus to their relations with each other. If you're that third party, they're going to unite in their mutual hatred of you sooner or later.

In such a case, look into finding a denouncement partner of your own against such a block, ideally a partner you also form a declaration of friendship with. Someone who shares a lengthy border with one of the two parties is likely to hate them, so they'd be the perfect choice to try to join up with.

4. KahunaGod

KahunaGod Warlord

Everything Maktaka just said.

But still dude. Up. The. Pooper.:eek:

5. ynohoo

ynohoo Chieftain

Stupid idea poorly implemented. Way too much effect at easy levels.

6. aguds

aguds Warlord

Some leaders are really scizo about this. Like the Ottoman dude.
    Or Bismarck, he just plain tells everyone he hates them at like turn 2.

7. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

Yeah at some point in every game the AI denouncements fly life crap from a fan and tons of silly wars break out and permament hate-a-thon commeneces. The problem with denounce and dippy in general is there is no obvious way to restore a relationship once it goes in the crapper. The AI just cheats at that too Hiawatha fight a brutal 400 year war with denouncements flying then get make peace and next turn they form a research pact ??? Five turns later they are at war again!!?

Rat

8. ApocalypseMao

ApocalypseMao Chieftain

Has anyone else had a friendly civ denounce you for no reason but is back to being friendly a couple turns later? I find this to be odd. :lol:

9. Leeira

Leeira Chieftain

I had the same in several games.

10. Ddude97

Ddude97 King

More than half my denouncemerss became friendly again within ~45~ turns

11. jagdtigerciv

jagdtigerciv Prince

I really think diplomatic actions should take a step back for the initial few turns. Honestly, by turn 5 the whole global alliance has been solidified -- i accept a friendship on turn 6 and half the world hates me before anybody even knows how to write a language. It's so gamey it makes me cringe.

Oh, and of course, your alliances with the AI aren't solidified however. By turn 100, the world will backstab you and Firaxis will pat themselves on the back for a diplomatic job well done.