[Development Thread]WW1 Mod: Blood and Iron

I still keep Civ4 on HDD, and I know what my next game on civ4 will be :). Awsome!

I'll ensure Poland plays are part in my WWI scenario ;)

:)
Yeah some extension to won war with bolshevics in 1920 would be cool :)

Just a few initial reaction comments, mainly in response to Barbarian King's scenario as well as the mod.
-Swiss civ. Just needs to be added for the scenario purposes, not intended to be playable. The generic "Swiss Leader" makes it seem incomplete.
-Belgium and Serbia. They should be at war with the Central Powers. Pretty obvious why for historical reasons.
-German Diplomacy Music. Just a minor flavor thing. The anthem to the German Empire can be found in the XX Century Mod, if that mod is not easily found/not available anymore, I can upload it.

Hope to have more comments as I play. It is a great mod and scenario.

Awesome mod, I'm glad its still active!
But whenever I conquer a city, the culture from surrounding cities takes over, anyway to stop that?

which post has the downloads?

hey kiwitt, thank you very much for reviving this mod :king: Could you explain to me a little about how this mod is going to work? I don't know that much about world war 1, but I do know that there was never a conquest on Germany, like in World War 2. So, are there going to be certain victory goals? Or do you have to defeat Germany, the Ottoman Empire, and Austria-Hungary to win if you are playing as the Allies, and do you have to beat the Russian Empire, England, France, Italy, Belgium, the United States, and Serbia to win if you are playing as the Central powers? Also, are there going to be animated leaderheads for at least some of the leaders?

I've still got work to do on my existing mod, before commencing on this one.

ok, well, when you are finished with the road to war mod, how long do you think this mod will take? I'm pretty sure that snafusmith already got progress done on the mod, are you going to get the mod he already started from him? Or are you going to start from scratch?

a year?! do mods really take that long? I assume the mod creation time depends on the complexity, right? So, I guess if a mod is going to be really good, about a year is appropriate

Look at my Road to War update. Dale spent a year working on it and then another year enhancing it. I spent another year on it, before I released it and another year working on SP1 (now available for alpha testing - via PM)

yeah it really takes that long :) It's why I don't feel motivated enough to make mod for civ5 :)

cool. and this mod is going to be for civ 4, right? because I don't like civ 5 that much. haha. I really am looking forward to the mod, and I think it would be really cool to see animated leaderheads for the leaders of world war 1 (especially kaiser wilhelm II, for I am a distant relative)

Of Course Civ 4 ... I have already deleted civ 5 :D

YES! :goodjob: I hate when people ruin great mod ideas by making them for civ 5! Thank you Kiwitt! When you make this mod, are you going to make it more similar in terms of warefare to your, or dale's version of road to war? And what year is the mod going to start? Maybe 1913?

I probably start it a bit earlier ... more like 1910. I prefer the build up as well.

I see. Hey, for anyone here who knows how to mod, I have an idea for a ww3 scanario someone could use. Basically, North Korea invades South Korea, so the U.S, and Japan declare war on North Korea. Thus, China declares war on South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. We then get England to help, so since England joins us, India, Australia, Congo, the CAR Canada, and South Korea all declare war on China, and North Korea. Meanwhile, in the Middle East, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran declare war on Israel. The U.S, and the EU then come to the aide of Israel. Thailand is also invaded by Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. The U.S, and Brazil also invade Cuba, and Venezuela. Russia also declares war on the Muslim alliance, China, and North Korea. So, the sides are:
Allies:
US, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Congo, CAR, Russia, Israel, England, Spain, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Norway, Finland, Poland, Greece, Thailand, Burma and Brazil.
Axis:
China, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sudan, Libya, Tunisa, Algeria, Morocco, Cuba, and Venezuela

Lastely, give me some feedback on how likely this war would be, I would like the mod to be authentic.

I suggest you look at Modern scenarios and Mod packs. There are already quite a few Modern scenarios. You could eventually mod-mod your own.

Top Bottom