1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dg 6 Need To Do List

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Provolution, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Very well, I guess the outcome is more or less the same, and someone else can do the work, so I am fine.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Good point, Furiey, This has always been a problem for each Demogame. Even when we discuss it, it usually winds up being wrong in the end. :D Once we get our name down (because we know our tribe), you're in charge of getting this right. ;)

3. Civanator

Civanator Deity

About the RPG-

There hasn't been a post in that thread for almost a 2 weeks now, and it's partially my fault for letting it die off, but I can't keep talking to myself. It seems as though everyone likes the rules I've spelled out for the RPG, and if no one has any objections, I'm going to create a final draft soon.

4. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

For those without C3C, here are all of the starting conditions (in two posts). First is The World. This is the same in all versions of CivIII.

World Size
    Tiny
    Small
    Standard
    Large
    Huge
    Random

Barbarians
    None
    Sedentary
    Roaming
    Restless
    Raging
    Random

Land Mass
    Pangaea
    Continents
    Archipelago
    Random

Percent Water (Note: If land mass is random, then % water is also random)

Climate
    Arid
    Normal
    Wet

Termperature
    Cool
    Temperate
    Warm

4 Billion Years
    5 Billion Years

5. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

Set Random Seed

Difficulty
    Chieftain
    Warlord
    Regent
    Monarch
    Emperor
    Demigod
    Deity
    Sid

AI Aggression
    Least Aggressive
    Less Aggressive
    Normal
    More Aggressive
    Most Aggressive

Victory Conditions
    Domination
    Space Race
    Diplomatic
    Conquest
    Cultural
    Wonder
    Other (This is where things get a bit complicated)
    Elimination (If one city gets captured, the entire civ is eliminated from the game.)
    Regicide (Each civ starts with a king. If the king is killed, the civ is eliminated. The last civ left standing wins.)
    Mass Regicide (Each civ starts with multiple kings. If all the civ's kings are killed, the civ is eliminated. The last civ left standing wins.)
    Victory Points (Each civ has an icon on its starting square. If an icon is captured and held, 25 points are scored for each turn held. Points are also given for eliminating barbarians and enemy units, building Wonders, and researching techs.)
    Capture the Princess (A more complicated version of regicide.)​

Miscellaneous
    Culturally Linked Starting Locations
    Respawn AI Players
    Preserve Random Seed
    Accelerated Production
    Allow Cultural Conversion
    Allow Scientific Leaders

Note: I won't go into all the various civs available to us. Also, we can choose how many AI civs to play against and whether they are random or chosen.

6. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

also for note mass regicide has 7 kings and capture the princess requires that you bring an enemy princess to your capital, instaed of just killing it

7. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

Since I've never played any of the "Other" victories, I'm not up on all the details. I got the information out of the C3C Manual.

8. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

I don't suggest regicide, mass regicide, or elimination. The AI is an idiot when it come sto regicide, I've never seen it move its king, even when my armies are near the capital and he has time to run. Elimination is also bad, we can just capture an outpost city and they're dead, but of course it would make us limit our expansion choices.

9. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

In elimination, even a culture flip can cause a civ to lose, which wouldn't be fun... Especially when there's gaps, and the AI builds their city on your border. Wait... flip... repeat.

10. Ashburnham

Ashburnham King

I suggest we shy away from all the new Conquest victory conditions. None of them seem to be in line with traditional games of Civ3, and they look like they would cut the game extremely short. Let's stick with what we've always had.

11. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Culturally Linked Starting Locations and Allow Cultural Conversion
    ,Allow Scientific Leaders and Preserve Random Seed are all good and accelerated production can be very fun.

12. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Accelerated production just cuts down on the value of having industrious trait, and would clog up some of the lower end computers during industrial and modern era. We don't need 500 modern armour running around, although it would be fun :mischief:

13. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

One thing we have to do is have TF set up the DG6 forums. This should probably be done two weeks before the start of the new game.

14. thescaryworker

thescaryworker Builder

I agree. Those conditions would be more fun on multiplayer. (HMNvsHMN)