DG PBEM Casual Tournament - The Map and other settings

I suggest looking at the MTDG map. Everyone has strategic resources, and happiness is mostly clustered.

I suggest looking at the MTDG map. Everyone has strategic resources, and happiness is mostly clustered.
Looking for a Sirian style map, eh? :wow: Wow, tall order! :ack:

But, I gave it a shot anyway. We'll see how it goes. :fingers_crossed: Everybody has all strategic resources, and the food and luxury resources are spread out among the teams to encourage trading. Depending on how the expansion phase proceeds, most resources should be harvested by two teams. But, each team will have a monopoly on at least one happiness resource.

The map is basically done, but I want to run a game or two through in SP mode to make sure it plays OK.

Did you stick with standard, or make it small instead? We don't want it to drag too much. :)
No, its standard size. I thought that is what you folks wanted. And there is a lot of land, too.

Alrighty, I've completed the map using the mtdg model, as requested. It is still a standard size. I regenerated a small map and found that the amount of land was the same, there was just less water. :crazyeye: So I left it at standard ...

One final thing before we can generate a save:

Proposed Settings: Quick speed, normal map size, everybody Genghis, Vanilla, Monarch?
Are these the final settings that you want for speed, difficulty, and civ?

:hmm: I was beginning to think you folks had changed your minds about this game. Unfortunately, I am going to be unavailable for the next couple of days. But, I should be able to get you a save on Tuesday afternoon.

What about barbarians? Off, Normal, or Raging?

Also what about passwords? Do you want me to set some default passwords on the first turn or do you want to use the honor system?

My preference for barbs would be normal.

If everyone pms you their emailadress and password, would that work?

If everyone pms you their emailadress and password, would that work?
The only way that I know of to set the password is to play turn 1 and set the password. If that is what you all want, then I will do that.

Although, I will probably just set some dummy passwords and PM them instead. You folks could then change your own details once the save gets to you.

Or, I can send you turn 1 ready to go and everybody just sets their own password during their first turn. But, that is potentially exploitable.

I'm fine with however you folks want to do it.

Although, I will probably just set some dummy passwords and PM them instead. You folks could then change your own details once the save gets to you.

That sounds good to me.

And so do normal barbarians.

Okay, dummy passwords are okay too.

The starting save is attached below ...

Determine the player numbers and I will PM the passwords. Everyone will need to change their password and name/civ name under Your Details when they get the save.

DeafDolphin (Note: during the april fools period, he said that he wouldn't return to this site)
robboo
Strider
Daveshack

fed1943
Churchill_25
dutchfire
donsig

Order as randomized by Strider, from the other thread.

Do you want to round up a replacement for DeafDolphin before you begin? He hasn't logged on in almost 2 weeks, plus he sent Methos a note saying that he has quit CFC.

ice2k4 signed up earlier. I'll pm him and see if he wants Deaf Dolphin's spot.

EDIT: I sent a pm to all participants to see if we're still a go.

And thank you very much for making a map Conroe!

I am in still...I have been sick for a few days so i have been playign my pitbosses and not much else.

103 to 104 fever sucks...

I'm still here.
Last two alive go to the next round.

I'm here and ready. I say the top 2 from each group advances to the next round.

sounds good....

before we start can we have a last recap of any rules we agreed to and could we list the settings.

Top Bottom