DG PBEM Casual Tournament - The Map and other settings

Churchill has played the save, and pmed me for my emailaddress so I expect to get the save today/tomorrow. I think we should start a turn tracker for this game, and I will start one when I send my save to donsig.

How about the other game? I haven't got a PM? :confused:
AFAIK you are still short a player. The first player, in fact. Or is Ice definitely going to be playing?
It looks like game 1 is permanently in limbo looking for a replacement player. So I went ahead and emailed DeafDolphin to see if he would want back into the game. Hope you folks don't mind ...

By the way, is the game speed quick on purpose? (Not that I mind, but I just noticed).

:hammer2: d'oh, first I propose it, and then I forget about it

so are the rest of us out of luck?

Try to find another player, perhaps BCLG100 is interested?

Did you stick with standard, or make it small instead? We don't want it to drag too much. :)
Dave's probably got a valid point here. So in redoing the map for 3 players, I went with a tiny map. Is that OK with everyone.

By the way, is the game speed quick on purpose? (Not that I mind, but I just noticed).
Do you folks still want quick speed? Or bump it up to normal? The speed effects not the number of turns played, but also the cost of research and production.

Tiny is pretty small IMO, but that depends on the type of map you chose too.

Tiny is pretty small IMO, but that depends on the type of map you chose too.
The default number of players on a tiny map is three. Which, combined with DaveShack's earlier comment, is why I chose that size for the new 3 player game.

Less land should also make for a quicker game. I would think this would be a benefit considering that a second game is planned at the conclusion of this one. But, its you all's game, so let me know if you want it changed.

I've also left it at quick speed. In searching through the thread, I didn't see anybody objecting to the speed. But, changing to a different speed is a really quick thing to do.

My opinion is that quick is better for PBEMs because there is a better chance of finishing the game before RL knocks someone out. But I'll go for normal too if that's what everyone else wants. :)

I just saw the thread over at cdz, do you guys still need a mapmaker? Im quite willing to give it a crack so long as i have a little room to do my thang :D

Conroe has already helped us out, the games have started already :D

Top Bottom