DG5 Citizen Complaint 1: The People vs. Chieftess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
President Chieftess has been accused by Minister Black_Hole of violating Article D of the Constitution.

More specificially, she is accused of, during the Sept. 26, 2004 Turn 170 A.D. Turn Chat, of violating to legally posted orders of the Province of Zarnia's Deputy Governor RegentMan. The President, according to the accout of the Minister of Science, set the city of Zojoji to build a swordsman, rather than the stated instruction to build a colosseum. If true, this is a violation of Article D of the Constitution.

The three members of the (term 2) judiciary have found these charges to have merit.

For additional information regarding the procedure, and the original charge, please reference the Term 2 Judicial Thread.

The first two posts are reserved for the accused and the Public Defender. They forfeit this right if they do not post here in a 24 hour period beginning at the posting of the thread.

All citizens are encourage to voice their opinions on this matter in this thread after either the first reserved posts are made, or after the 24 hour period has passed. Citizens are reminded to keep discussion civil.

Thank you,
Octavian X
Judge Advocate.

1 - I do have a vision impairment (real life now, remeber that thing called real life? Sure you do!), and the layout was vertical rather than horizontal this time, forcing me to read downwards. Thus, I couldn't see what was on the side (since I wasn't looking that way). My impairment causes me to miss vision in the corners and sides of my eyes (we went over this once back in DG1 I believe). (This is just one reason I like everything to be consistant). If you don't like reason #1, then excuse me for living.

2 - The layout was confusing, which is why I've reitterated in the current turnchat instruction thread to post them clearly, and not link to a million different pages. Watching all of those pages makes it all the more difficult.

3 - Contrary to popular belief (and what Lefty would have you believe), I'm human. Humans make mistakes. :p

Delete me,

I am very sorry for posting in this thread, but i needed to clarify this cc. :(
It will not happen again.

I think that CT is a great president, though she has made a mistake. While mistakes are bad and should be strongly discouraged, they are only human. Unless it was intentional, I don't think she should be very harshly punished while the rest of her term has been done with such competance.

I'm also happy I wasn't the first to get CC'ed. :p

Black_Hole said:
Mr Judgde Advocate:
You have forgot the first half of the CC(which doesnt have to do with anything vertical)
This happened to deal with the fact that the poll was tied 6-6 at the beginning of the turnchat(this is marked by cts post), regentmans instructions stated that unless the poll changed before the TC(it didnt) that Zojoji should remain building a prebuild. Even if CT did decide to break this instruction, she could have atleast asked snipelfirzt(who was at the chat), to cast a tie breaking vote. But she never asked and she used the votes after the tc started to make her decision.

I am sorry that i had to post this here, and i understand it will be deleten(I will repost it), i believe it is very important that his post be changed as not to give the case a dropped accusation.

Thank-You

:confused: What makes you think my posting of "6-6" was "breaking the instructions"? I was merely stating the vote total at the time I looked at it.

Heaven forbid we ever have a tied poll during a turnchat! Besides, doesn't the president also cast tie breaking votes?

The reason I even commented on that poll is because I knew that if I didn't, and made a decision, and the poll changed, I'd still be CC'd/PI'd. I wanted to "timestamp" it. I guess there's some rule that we can't comment on polls now? :rolleyes:

Can someone please tell me the point of CCs?

Why can we not just have the two people talk to each other privately - if Black_Hole wanted something to be done, and CT accidentally fails to do so, can they not solve this in a PM? It could be one line. "Can you please switch the production in (enter city name) to (enter the proposed build) instead of (current build), thanks." It's that simple. Playing this blame game of he did this, she should've done this, don't do this, do this, etc, does not solve the problem. Where is the logic behind this?

And about CC1 - can we switch production now without losing shields? If so, there's no need for a fuss. :)

MSTK said:
We need a DG Watergate Scandal around here.

Except who's political HQ do we have to break into? The Abstainians?

I agree with Civanator. What's the point of this CC? You can't change the past and I'm sure Chieftess has taken actions to prevent this from happening again.

Rik Meleet:
Rik Meleet said:
I think President Chieftess has committed a crime. It is very easy; a Collosseum (?) was instructed to be build on Zojoji and no collosseum is build or being build there. Chieftess, as president, has the responsibility to make sure the instructions are carried out.
OTOH the way the instructions are presented is "confusing", to say the least. Although it is the President's responsibility that instructions are carried out, it is the office holder's responsibility to post clear instructions. And it is the public's repsonsibility to point out failures in this.
At the moment we are, through this CC, pointing out a failure. But who is to blame?
In my opinion the President is the responsible one, even if it is not entirely her fault.

This is my personal opinion.

invy:
invy said:
It is really quite a mistake :/ But other Presidents made some mistakes also.
I'm sure Chieftess is trying to do the best she can. I'm also actively watching/searching instructions during turnchat in order to assist the President, AND i must admit instructions are sometimes very confusing and unclear.
Therefore, I suggest that we continue with our support to Chieftess - who is also elected in Term 3 President elections - and forget this mistake was done. Ofcourse, CT is aware of this mistake and we should expect no more faults of this kind. We could consider this complaint as a WARNING to President AND Ministers to post instructions clearly/ and to follow it precisely.

Ravensfire:
Ravensfire said:
Known Physical Evidence:

Turn Chat Instruction Thread
Zojoji
Great Lighthouse Pre-build(If the above poll changes before the chat, change this to a colosseum (Mayor Cyc's preference))
Swordsman (If the above poll changes)
Swordsman (If the above poll changes, produce these until end of chat)

NOTE: Instructions posted approx. 2 hours before start of TCIT.

Poll Thread
Link to poll thread

Rather than post any discussions from the poll thread, I urge all citizens to read the entire thread.

Chat Log
NOTE: These are what I feel to be the relevant sections, and intended to start discussion/thoughts. Please review the log files yourself for the full infornation on the matter

Code:
[13:01] <+SaaMSAT> whats the prebuild poll result?
[13:02] <!Chieftess> It's tied!
[13:02] <+SaaMSAT> grr
[13:02] <!Chieftess> 6-6
[13:02] <+SaaMSAT> who gets to decide (if its you, i know how it 
  goes)
[13:02] <!Chieftess> And I've voting we need swords instead of a 
  giant spotlight
[13:02] * @RikMeleet is now Playing:4 Queen & David Bowie - 
  Pressure
[13:02] <!Chieftess> *yeah! Let's blind our enemies with a huge 
  spotlight!*
[13:03] <+Furiey> or put them under pressure with swords instead
[13:03] <@RikMeleet> I broke the tie ....
[13:03] <!Chieftess> yay! :D
[13:03] <@RikMeleet> CT: Tie is briken
[13:03] <@RikMeleet> ok
[13:03] <!Chieftess> ok, on with the first queue
[13:04] <+SaaMSAT> whats the vote now? (need i ask?)
[13:05] <+Furiey> poll's still open?
[13:05] <@RikMeleet> Free the slaves ! oh, I mean: Stop the 
  prebuilds !
[13:05] <@RikMeleet> poll is open

Code:
[13:25] <!Chieftess> Zojoji
[13:25] <!Chieftess> Great Lighthouse Pre-build (If the above 
  poll changes before the chat, change this to a colosseum (Mayor 
  Cyc's preference))
[13:25] <!Chieftess> Swordsman (If the above poll changes)
[13:25] <!Chieftess> Swordsman (If the above poll changes, 
  produce these until end of chat)
[13:25] * @RikMeleet is leaving -> dinner.
[13:25] <!Chieftess> Swords in both now.

-- Ravensfire

I've gotta agree, this was pointless.

First off, we should ban the use of polls in instructions. The leader should post the result of the poll at the time they post the instructions, none of this "per the result of this poll," crap. It causes confusion, espicially in the chance of a tie and the tie being broken shortly afterwards, it makes it much harder on the DP to visit several polls while trying to play the game.

Another reason is if the forums go down shortly after the start of the turnchat, if the DP already has the T/C instruction thread up, this will be no problem, but if they have to visit a poll, then the T/C will grind to a hault. I can go on for a fairly long time on why polls should not be counted as instructions, but I figure that it's likely to bore people.

Overall, the case itself has no basis. It's almost impossible to figure out if CT did or did not build a swordsmen.

Well, it's obvious that the children that participate in this game can not only "not see" the point of someone trying to correct a flagrant misuse of power, they can also "not read". What is wrong with you people? The Chief Justice and the Judge Advocate used fairly plain and simply English when they stated that in the first 24 hours of this thread, the Public Defender and th defendant have the first 2 posts reservered. This thread has only been open 16 hours. No wonder you people can't see the usefulness of this CC. You probably don't understand much.

Stop Posting!!!!!! Rik Meleet please do as I asked, twice! Delete these posts until both the Public Defender AND the Defendant post, unless 24 hours have passed!

Cyc said:
Well, it's obvious that the children that participate in this game can not only "not see" the point of someone trying to correct a flagrant misuse of power, they can also "not read". What is wrong with you people? The Chief Justice and the Judge Advocate used fairly plain and simply English when they stated that in the first 24 hours of this thread, the Public Defender and th defendant have the first 2 posts reservered. This thread has only been open 16 hours. No wonder you people can't see the usefulness of this CC. You probably don't understand much.

Stop Posting!!!!!! Rik Meleet please do as I asked, twice! Delete these posts until both the Public Defender AND the Defendant post, unless 24 hours have passed!

Ever heard of a filibuster? Oh, of course we can't see anyone correcting a misuse of power, because there was no misuse of power. What's wrong with us? I'm fairly frustrated that all we can do this game is rip at someone's throat for the smallest mistake. Do you know what the only thing this CC will do? Make people even more pissed off at eachother, it will not solve any problems and is just simply a troll thread in disguise. That's why I'm requesting this thread to be closed.

Not wanting your friend to be prosecuted is no reason to call for the close of a CC, Strider. Please stop posting in this thread for about 6 more hours.

Thread closed. I hate to inconvenience the judiciary, but it will just be easiest if you open another. Please note that the 24 hour rule will be enforced by myself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom