DG6 Discussion: what changes would DRIVE YOU AWAY?

Chieftess said:
I could actually go for a demi-god level game... :)
I seem to recall you thinking that emperor was too ambitious back in DG2...

I reckon the game would be interesting if we used a map of earth and start at the culturally started regions or play a scenario set in the modern era we always seem to finish b4 the real good techs come up..and play on a small version of the earth map but with 16 civs all up this would make it much more interesting and difficult with the lack of resources, etc

I like the idea of many civilizations in a smaller area. It would make for a lot of trade and diplomacy. However, the problem is that the increased communication would probably mean many civs would get knocked out by others, leaving us with a small number of large nations anyway.

true to an extent i usually play my games in this style and u see alot of cooperation between the ais and myself the wars only really start when the nations get into the modern era where natural resurces play a larger role

Well, I am going to add a new object to what would drive me away. That would be a change from the Traditional Government to the Alternative Government.

A moderator setting a time which we have to start by....o wait*looks at announcement*... a bit late for that...

Or this game turning into a "Game of Beuracracy" where more than 50% of the "Game" is debating the ruleset. The origanal purpose of this demogame was to PLAY THE GAME, not to spend 3-5 months deciding how to hold a vote and what a quorum should look like. (You get my point). We've already had about a month, and I'm giving you one more month. That's more than enough time.

It shouldn't take that long to come up with a rule set that says:

"Here's what the governornment should look like"
"Here's the way you create a discussion, poll and instruction"

CT, you're a mod because TF makes you one, but we don't want another start date shoved down our throats.

This post is not against the rules, so don't get any ideas. It's called straight talk.

It just so happens that March 1st was the date that I already picked and was driving for, thank you very much.

DaveShack said:
CT, you're a mod because TF makes you one, but we don't want another start date shoved down our throats.

This post is not against the rules, so don't get any ideas. It's called straight talk.

It just so happens that March 1st was the date that I already picked and was driving for, thank you very much.

CT relishes the powers that TF and eyrei gave her, even though it was against my wishes as outgoing moderator. And now we all pay for it. In fact, her shortsighted vision(PLAY THE GAME ad nauseum.......:rolleyes: ), along with eyrei's absentee enforcement of these whims, has reduced my participation to a minimum.

I tried to talk with TF about it, but he won't listen. So, everyone just deal with it, cause ain't nothin' gonna change. TF appears to be okay with just having a babysitter for this forum, and not someone who truly understands what this game is supposed to be about. So who are we to judge?

It is a shame that the only enjoyment I get from this game is trying to expose the pretenders currently charged with running the DemoGame forum(Rik Meleet not included). Right now this game needs someone like DaveShack, who has the objectivity, nuance and dedication to forward these issues. Not some megalomaniac that is trying to expand her influence to every last corner of CFC.

I know......conspiracy. Not really, just poor decision-making. Just like the one I made when I unwittingly opened the door for this to happen.

Sorry, folks! :(

DZ said:
Sorry, folks :sad:

No need to apologize DZ, but I will have to kick your butt if you leave again...

Cyc said:
No need to apologize DZ, but I will have to kick your butt if you leave again...

Notice I didn't mention leaving again. It's just too doggone hard for me to keep my word! :lol:

We're not children that need to have our hands held. Last time I heard, this was a game of DEMOCRACY, not moderator enforced will. It shouldn't take long to make a ruleset, but obviously it does. The difference between fantasy and reality.

Here's a bright idea, let's have everyone VOTE for a start date. That's right, voting in a game of democracy :lol:!

blackheart said:
We're not children that need to have our hands held. Last time I heard, this was a game of DEMOCRACY, not moderator enforced will. It shouldn't take long to make a ruleset, but obviously it does. The difference between fantasy and reality.

Here's a bright idea, let's have everyone VOTE for a start date. That's right, voting in a game of democracy :lol:!
well thats part of the failed democracy,
if we vote to put march 1st as the citizen approved start date then thats all fine and dandy, but if that gets rejected by voters it doesnt matter... we still start march 1st.

Top Bottom