DG6 Discussion: World Parameters

World seed: this can now be a text word in C3C (instead of just a number), which gets hashed to the world seed number. This way we can make it something easy to remember.

I'd like to see a huge map to increase the number of opponents.

One thing we haven't talked about is making rules-only changes, like fixing the sub bug by removing the invisible flag, allowing more opponents than normal for the map, or dialing down corruption a little to make the game more enjoyable. I tried the corruption thing in my most recent game and went a bit too far (didn't even need courthouses) but maybe changing it to 50% or even 75% would make it so we don't have totally corrupt cities, at least after a court is built.

Is the world seed something we really have to worry about?

I think it's just something some people would like to have so they could play the "Demogame world" on their own. Of course, this could create problems with citizens knowing where luxuries/civilizations/etc. are before the DG actually knows.

Anyone could take a saved game and play it to the end, finding all resources and the AI starting locations.

I do recommend, however, that "Preserve Random Seed" not be selected, to make this less of an exploit.

YNCS said:
Anyone could take a saved game and play it to the end, finding all resources and the AI starting locations.

I do recommend, however, that "Preserve Random Seed" not be selected, to make this less of an exploit.

Preserve random seed means when you reload you get the same random number, which means you can't just try the same action over again. So you're saying don't select it, so it is impossible to play ahead and then expect another play session to follow the same events? The drawback is that without it checked you can't recover to the same point after a crash by following the same actions as were recorded in the play log.

Which is more important, keeping people from cheating by looking at the map or being able to reload the game without the RNG changing? That determines whether we preserve the random seed or not.

Top Bottom