Did you get a crash when katyusha are firing ?

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Been reported twice, and seen it myself, so who else got that crash ?

Hi Gedemon,

I am experiencing an unfortunate crash of the game involving the unit BM-13 Katyusha. When attacking with the unit stacked as a division, the game every now and then, crashes. I am not sure why. Please find the lua.log attached.

Best, Gertjan

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    63.9 KB · Views: 232
thanks, I'm not sure it can be fixed (well I'm pretty sure that I'm not the one who can fix it anyway)

what should we do ?

does the crash happens with both version of the katyusha ?

does the crash happens with both version of the katyusha ?
Strangely enough it happened every now and then. Not all the time. And it happened only with the "normal" one, not the upgrade.

My normal mode of operandus is to reload the game and don't use the unit that turn to see what happens the next. Most of the time, all is fine. I was just wondering whether others experienced the same thing...

It even might have something to do with civ5 itself and not the mod...

Everyone with the crash, can you try this:

Open 06- Define New Units.sql in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 44)\SQL"

find

Code:
SELECT	'MOBILE_ARTILLERY_BM13',		'RUSSIA',	'',		'BM-13 Katyusha',					'BM-13_Katyusha',						'MOBILE_ARTILLERY_2',		NULL,	NULL,	0.09,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,					NULL,				NULL,			NULL	UNION ALL

and replace BM-13_Katyusha with BM-13_Katyusha_2.
Danrell has made 2 versions (low/high poly), if there is no crash with the BM-13-16 upgrade, then maybe the high poly version of the BM-13 will work.

the final line should be

Code:
SELECT	'MOBILE_ARTILLERY_BM13',		'RUSSIA',	'',		'BM-13 Katyusha',					'BM-13_Katyusha_2',						'MOBILE_ARTILLERY_2',		NULL,	NULL,	0.09,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,	NULL,					NULL,				NULL,			NULL	UNION ALL

if it still crash, replace BM-13_Katyusha with BM-13-16_Katyusha... (I'd like confirmation that the upgraded Katyusha don't crash)

That's the problem with random crashes, you can't be sure it's fixed...

Let me know if you get one, TIA :)

bad news, just tried the 3 models and all produce crashes.

Dude that's bad news indeed...I am not sure what makes the crash...I think it might have something to do with the graphics of the rockets being fired...at least that is the exact moment it crashed previously...maybe something to do with the damage calculations?

me :blush:

I was persuaded that I was using a copy of R.E.D Modpack database filling code for R.E.D. WWII when I was in fact using an older/different version.

In short in R.E.D. Modpack I can define separately a template for statistic and one for visual representation of any unit.

In R.E.D. WWII I'm using one template for both, and so the Katyusha was using the artillery template for stats (fine) but also for animations (not fine), I've added a custom rule when initializing the units DB to fix that.

Woo! I've been skipping using the Katyusha in fear of the crash, now I can return to it once more! Time to go play the song while I fire rockets.

the fix is not released yet, will be in v.45.

Beta "soon".

Top Bottom