Did you skip BE but will 100% get CiVI?

Eh, you're free to that. I personally just find it a bit harsh. Then again, I haven't spent 400 hours on any Steam game I own. I simply don't have that kind of free time; never have.

I find players directly equating length of time spent (especially for such a huge margin - what other kind of purchase do you demand such value for money from? Books? Movies?) is leading developers to pad out games with pointless collectibles that artificially inflate playtime.

Developer-hours invested (and thus correlation to release price, adjusted for expected market size / demographics) is what matters when pricing a game (to the publisher), not that a fan demands 400 hours from a £40 investment. For a fan, it's the reverse, obviously! But this was more to illustrate that a beautifully-crafted 3 hour experience is certainly worth more than 30 pence.

Until a few moments ago - I was in the "skip camp".
But the Steam Sale lured me in :rolleyes:

Fair price for BE + RT = 20 €
So I'll let them keep me company until Civ6 launches,
Which is a sure buy.

I just bought the BE expansion because of this thread.

The game is better than I remember. Still overwhelmed by a lot of it. I do kind of like the revised diplomacy system tho.

Yep, this is me. Didn't care for the theme of BE at all, being more into history than space. I may get it eventually, but there doesn't seem like much point now when Civ 6 is so close.

Eh, you're free to that. I personally just find it a bit harsh. Then again, I haven't spent 400 hours on any Steam game I own. I simply don't have that kind of free time; never have.

I find players directly equating length of time spent (especially for such a huge margin - what other kind of purchase do you demand such value for money from? Books? Movies?) is leading developers to pad out games with pointless collectibles that artificially inflate playtime.

Developer-hours invested (and thus correlation to release price, adjusted for expected market size / demographics) is what matters when pricing a game (to the publisher), not that a fan demands 400 hours from a £40 investment. For a fan, it's the reverse, obviously! But this was more to illustrate that a beautifully-crafted 3 hour experience is certainly worth more than 30 pence.

That's fine too. I'm not looking for just bucket loads of hours of content though you understand. My measure primarily deals with replayability. If I can replay a game again and again I generally see that as a quality game, and that is reflected in the time I spend on it. Very few games meet that mark for me of course.

I don't care for space, I do for history, that's basically why I never bothered to have a look at it.

I missed BE because after much research I realised it was bad.

I will do exactly the same research with Civ 6 and reject it if it turns out bad and buy if it turns out good.

To say i`m going to 100% buy it now, at this stage, would be foolish. I`ve grown a lot wiser from the days when I just had to have the next new thing straight away.

Ummm well I pre purchased and didn't like BE that much......

But I'll still buy Vi CiV.

It's like Stockholm syndrome?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ummm well I pre purchased and didn't like BE that much......

But I'll still buy Vi CiV.

It's like Stockholm syndrome?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More like a slot machine in Las Vegas. Just one more quarter and it'll pay off.....

I wish I skipped BE and yes, 100% will be getting VI.

However, I will be waiting for the price to come down and and the patches to come in first.

Just sixty more dollars :p
Well, you could easily lose a lot more playing slot machines in Las Vegas. You can lose $20 in a couple minutes... A very poor cost per hour played. [emoji38]

I skipped BE. I just don't have enough time to play the games I really want to play let alone others! And I suspect that even if I had BE for nothing, a choice between that and Civ V for a new (long) game would just result in me playing yet another nation on Civ V!

I did like Alpha Centauri a lot back in the day but it got nowhere near as much time played on it compared to whichever Civ was the latest at the time. Didn't have the same pulling power for me.

I like BE, but it somehow generates an uncontrollable urge in me to play Civ V.

I've never finished a game.

Top Bottom