Die Schlapphüte

@Memphus - when you play the turn, can I get a report of the F7 screen percentages as well as the top 5 cities (size and date founded). I don't need a screenshot unless that's easier for you - just the numbers

For turn 48 so far we have...

MAD SCIENTISTS score UP 6 TO 101
Pop 5 (27) Land 17 (17) Tech 7 ancient (41) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Top cities screen shows their capitol growing to size 4 which matches population demographics.

I think we can account for some of the increases in GNP as espionage points starting to come into play. The Turn Discussion thread has Peter Grimes waffling about diplomacy.

Idle speculation: Either Kaz are talking about something to do with economics ie oracle or event and it's a double bluff from Joshua so MS and Saturn have met or it is Kaz and MS who have met. Possibly (hopefully) all 4 teams have met which accounts for the recent increase in GNP, instead of the cavs being scared and starting to work coastal tiles to speed up PH.

GNP increased a total of 24 points in turn 46. The max increased 5, the min increased 6 so at least 3 teams improved GNP while also essentially maintaining manufacturing and food.

Part of this can be accounted for by the added culture from religion (6 points if its in two cities). There was also a new city founded, that means more worked tiles as well as the possibility of internal trade routes. I do not see the happiness increase that would indicate something like a gold mine improvement but cottage construction or growth can account for a big jump as three teams are financial.

Pop points (and the top city screen) show that one of the size 5 cities is now size 4. It's not Cav's (who were the only ones to found in 3960), and Kaz's pop before this turn was 96000, whereas the max is now 91000.

So I feel confident in saying that their capital is now size 4 (probably due to a whip).

But why woudln't their score have gone down? They could have compensated with a 6 point tech, but then civ stats should show them going up at the start of the turn and then down with the whip? Or would it show up differently for a pbem vs. a pitboss game?

Plus they just discovered a tech T45

I think that Mad Scientist's cap went from size 3 to size 4 at the end of last turn. The demographics and scores all support that. I still see max pop as 96,000, which I think is Kaz with a size 5 capitol and another city size 2.

Oh, I see it now. Kaz just finished their turn right?

EDIT: yes Rego got it absolutly right. If they whipped then got the tech at the end of their turn whould that square with what you see in civ stats? I also notice that min GNP drops from 31 to 29 could Kaz be in last place research wize?

The next question is what did they whip?

posted by Provo in the tracking thread said:
Please freeze the game, a mishap has occurred due to a network breakdown (From Team Kazakhstan)

Could it be related to the whip?

Yup, replayed without the whip this time.

Turn 48
Kazahkstan score up 6 to 121
Pop 7 (38) Land 14 (14) Tech 9 ancient (53) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Population demographics unchanged, so it is a tech (a tech that doesn't add soldiers).

yeah how do you "misclick" a whip....that is brutal....maybe they thought the woudl get more :hamers: for it (old exploit in vanilla) than they did. And so the team gets upset...

I can't wait to see the details of this now....(after the game)

It's a bad decision on the whole, tbh. I didn't even know that Ginger_Ale was the game admin, I thought it was Sullla.

Saturn had a misclick that seems to have been only a little, well, innocuous, and didn't ask for a reload. Kaz lost some pop so it was either due to starvation or a whip. The only way that a reload should have been allowed was if there was a CTD or server disconnection error that forced and end of turn, because otherwise it was a turnplayer error that lead to the loss of pop, which is, basically, bollocks, as now when ever the turnplayer makes an error the game admins have to allow a reload or be called out for favouritism.

If it was a CTD or server disconnection, then fair enough , a reload would be fair. Be knowing how and why lag occurs is as much game knowledge as understanding whipping as it is integral of MP in any game, not just civ MP.

I have no idea if it was a good decision, a bad decision, or what.

I choose to trust our admins to come up with a decision that is reasonable.

It's a STRATEGY game - I'd much prefer the mechanics of the game not get in the way of the plans of 10-12 people, all of whom are trying to compete and have fun.

Turn 48 and Team Cav's second city grows.

CAVALLEROS score up 6 to 116
Pop 7 (38) Land 15 (15) Tech 8 ancient (47) Wonders 1 (16)
  • Demographics support their second city growing from size 1 to size 2.

It's just Provo stirring up trouble as he always manages to do. I say don't read too much into it, since it's just a distraction that we don't need to worry about.

haha true...one of us should post about how we are curious how the server glitch cause someone to hit the :whipped: button...haha

I'd do it but I reckon I'd get called up on it and banned for a short while due to flaming...

haha very true.... i am also tempted. to me the Cav mess up coudl be due to a glitch (click unit to move....didn't work as someone was logging in) unit goes wayward...

however hitting the :whipped: button....like either you meant to or you didn't....

my best guess is they were havign a disucssion and the turn player moved prior to the discussion being done and they wanted a do over.

Oh well...i know who is on my :backstab: list to eliminate from this game :evil:

RIGHT OH!!!!!!!!!:ar15::satan::sniper::assimilate:

It's just Provo stirring up trouble as he always manages to do. I say don't read too much into it, since it's just a distraction that we don't need to worry about.

That guy is such an idiot :mad:

one of us should post about how we are curious how the server glitch cause someone to hit the :whip: button...

Volunteering :)

Top Bottom