Dimalio (01)

Trading Pottery for CB, which is what I did. And here's the complete log:

No turn 0 on first set, of course.

Turn 1 (4000 BC):
-Settle Washington on the spot and set it to build warrior.
-Worker to improve cow, scout to explore.
-Ansar, did you do something to unit animation? Throughout my set, the scout and the worker moved pretty fast.

IBT:
-Start research on Alphabet at 80% science

Turn 2 (3950 BC):
-Scout pops hut- gets 25 gold
-worker roads

IBT:
zzz

Turn 3 (3900 BC):
-scout looks at coast from mountaintop: this is what he sees.

Nice.

IBT:
-worker finishes road

Turn 4 (3850 BC):
-Worker irrigates cow, possible SF?

IBT:
zzz

Turn 5 (3800 BC):
zzz

IBT:
-Washington: Warrior->Settler, which pays off
-Worker finishes irrigation

Turn 6 (3750 BC):
-not much

IBT:
zzz

Turn 7 (3700 BC):
-scout pops maps from hut

IBT:
zzz

Turn 8-Turn 10 (3650 BC-3550 BC):
zzz

IBT:
-Wasington culture borders expand

Turn 11 (3500 BC):
-MM Washington sp growth and settler happen at same time- I don't want civil disorder, of course.
-Scout sees purple borders.

IBT:
zzz

Turn 12 (3450 BC):
zzz

IBT:
zzz

Turn 13 (3400 BC):
-Contact purple civ- India. They have ten gold. And, as I already said, tech-wise: They can trade Alpha and CB, we can trade Masonry and Pottery. I trade Pottery for CB.

IBT:
zzz

Turn 14 (3350 BC):
-Worker roads- I'm not going to mention this anymore as it is starting to get dull.

IBT:
-Washington: Settler->Worker

Turn 15 (3300 BC):
-Think best location for settler to go to is 3 NW of Washington, so I send him there.
-Warrior pops Mysticism from hut. I'm glad I traded with India.

IBT:
zzz

Turn 16 (3250 BC):
-scout pops 25 gold from hut

IBT:
zzz

Turn 17 (3200 BC):
zzz

IBT:
zzz

Turn 18 (3150 BC):
-Found New York: set to build Warrior

IBT:
-Palace expansion: Give us lanscaping

Turn 19 (3100 BC):
zzz

IBT:
-Washington: Worker->Warrior

Turn 20 (3050 BC):
-Scout sees Light Green borders, Warrior sees Goody Hut.

Here's a screenie:

-Although it's a little hard to see, light green borders (either Greece or Persia) are near the scout. Find out which one.
-I wonder what's in that hut?

As for those dots, I was trying to dotmap.

Here's my explanation for the dots:
-Short-term:
-Red dot: Seems like good location for city #3. Why? It has a river, 5 bg's, and whatever is in the blackness.
-Blue dot: lower priority, as it has jungle, but it has 2 dyes in initial 8 squares and 3 dyes and 2 bg in 20-tile city radius.
Long-term:
-The Green dot and where the Warrior is standing now look like good places to settle in the future.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/dimalio,_3050_BC.SAV

lurker's comment: My idea of a dotmap... , but its my suggestion, so you guys decide.Explanation is included in picture.:D BTW, those were some nice turns + turnlog there choxorn, good job.:thumbsup:

Lurker:

"-Washington: Warrior->Settler, which pays off
-Worker finishes irrigation

Turn 6 (3750 BC):
-not much

IBT:
zzz

Turn 7 (3700 BC):
-scout pops maps from hut"

How exactly did it payoff? I am not saying it did not, but it is not clear. Anyway I just wanted to mention that when you have a settler in the queue and you pop a hut, you are prevented from getting a settler.

So you should switch the build to some place holder and then pop the hut. After that switch back. You may still not get a settler, but you definetly will not get one otherwise.

It pays off because Washington doesn't overpopulate and revolt. As for the dotmap: I had similar ideas. I just thought the ones I put were the best of them. And it's the Indians- didn't you read my set?

choxorn said:
It pays off because Washington doesn't overpopulate and revolt.

Depending on the food you would get to size 2 at turn 10 and size 3 at 20. This is the earliest a settler could be finished as you must be at size 3.

If this is below emperor level, you have at lest 2 born content. So it is not till size 3 that you have any issue with unhappiness. That could be handled with one MP or a lux or the slider.

You could get to 5 shields by turn 20 and have a settler in 6 turns, rather than 20. You would soon have growth to replace the pop from the settler with this scenario, but in addition have created some warriors or maybe chopped in a granary, if you had the tech.

Anyway I was not trying deal with the question of making a settler right off the bat. I am not in favor of that in most cases.

The thing I wanted to point out was the idea of popping huts with a settler being built. So I do not know if you caught that or knew that or what. It was really just an fyi. I have seen it make a difference though, so it is worth doing, unless you know for a fact no one has made a second town before you.

That was likely the case in your scenario and for that reason I would not have popped the hut right away. Give the AI a chance to found a town.

Anyway this is not a challenge, only some ideas for your consideration, you are free to ignore or reject them, with or without comment. Sometimes just contemplating ideas helps foster other ideas.

who's up now ?

Roster:

dimalio
choxorn: just played
D'artagnan: UP
Pequino: On deck
goodsmell
kill fire

3000 BC: Workers to BG. Scout meets Greece. Trade Mason, Pots, and CB for Warrior Code, Alpha, 10 Gold and BW. I pop GH and we learn IW. Research to Writing, 28 @100%.

2950 BC: Warrior created and fortified in New York. Starts Settler. Workers road and finish roading BG.

2900 BC: Workers mine BG.

2850 BC: Switch Settler in NYC to Spear. Warrior created and fortified in Washington. Starts Settler.

2800 BC: Workers finish mining BG. And as I move my Scout...

My game freezes. :wallbash: :cry: :badcomp: [pissed] Which leads to other events including...

My computer crashing when I try to close it w/Task Manager. :wallbash: :cry: :badcomp: [pissed]

D'Artagnan59 said:
3000 BC: Workers to BG. Scout meets Greece. Trade Mason, Pots, and CB for Warrior Code, Alpha, 10 Gold and BW. I pop GH and we learn IW. Research to Writing, 28 @100%.

2950 BC: Warrior created and fortified in New York. Starts Settler. Workers road and finish roading BG.

2900 BC: Workers mine BG.

2850 BC: Switch Settler in NYC to Spear. Warrior created and fortified in Washington. Starts Settler.

2800 BC: Workers finish mining BG. And as I move my Scout...

My game freezes. :wallbash: :cry: :badcomp: [pissed] Which leads to other events including...

My computer crashing when I try to close it w/Task Manager. :wallbash: :cry: :badcomp: [pissed]
first u went 2 fast 2nd lets disscuss stuff first

dimaliok said:
first u went 2 fast 2nd lets disscuss stuff first

lurker's comment: Sorry to barge in, but Dimaliok has a point. Always discuss, even if its over a little detail before playing. :)

Commentary on D'artagnan's set:

D'Artagnan59 said:

That was bad. :nono: We were going to have alpha in 5 turns anyway, so in other words, you wasted beakers and gave Greece a tech you shouldn't have.

D'Artagnan59 said:

I hate it when that happens. However, if possible, while playing civ, don't run anything else, except maybe CivAssist. If you run too many programs, it will overload you computer's RAM and the one that needs the most RAM (civ3) crashes. Sorry if this was kind of [offtopic]

If it keeps on freezing, you should probably ask for a skip and let Pequenino play. It it looks like it won't stop.

Roster then:

dimalio
choxorn: Just played
D'artagnan: skipped due to freezing problems
Pequenino: UP
goodsmell: On deck
kill fire

Pequenino has not yet posted his got it. However, he may have thought D'arty's "Peqeunino, you are hereby proclaimed up" meant that a got it wasn't nessecary. Maybe he could tell us which.

lurker's comment: Its up to the team if Pequenino should be skipped or not...but a quick profile check shows this...

Then he hasn't done an "activity" since his last post on this thread, which means he probably should be skipped. Who agrees with me?

If Pequenino is skipped, roster:

dimalio
choxorn: Just Played
D'arty: Skipped due to freezing problems
Pequenino: Skipped due to unkown location
goodsmell: UP
kill fire: On deck

Top Bottom