Djinn

Endovior said:
There ARE normal barbarian ships spawning in the sea. A small fleet of them stranded one of my water-walking mages on an island the size of my fist about a week ago, and I needed to dispatch my armada halfway around the world to rescue him.

Well those are normal barb ships (no fun there). I think what he was saying barb ships that represent the seaserpents (like maybe a large ship with the title "Sea Serpent"... untill the art comes in).

Endovior said:
There ARE normal barbarian ships spawning in the sea. A small fleet of them stranded one of my water-walking mages on an island the size of my fist about a week ago, and I needed to dispatch my armada halfway around the world to rescue him.

I never get any, despite playing with raging barbarians. :confused:

ok with gerikes help i got this:

Code:
if (unitType == 'UNIT_DJINN'):
			iHigh = gc.getUnitInfo(eUnitType).getNumUnitNames()
			iRand = randint(0, iHigh)
			newUnit.setName(gc.getUnitInfo(eUnitType).getUnitName(iRand)

but im not sure how to define eUnitTypes... what function is it?

oh, btw this is an add to the spellSummon function in FFHSpells.

i really think we should reawaken this thread.

Anyway, when are the djinn getting thier own sphere, Shadow phase? i could easily
Ascobol
A djinni who served Nathaniel during the events of the demon revolt. He was killed by Faquarl in the Ambassador hotel in an attempt to follow Hopkins who's body was inhabited by Faquarl at the time. He normally takes on the form of a cylops when on earth.

Baztuk
An Utukku (subclass of djinn) who during the events of book one was a sentry in the Tower of London. He was going to kill Bartimaeus because Bartimaeus killed most of his people in the Battle of Al-Arish but he never got the chance because he was killed by Faquarl.

Cormocodran
A third level Djinn in service to Nathaniel during the events of book three. He was killed by Faquarl during the event at the ambassador hotel. He normally takes on the form of a man-boar.

Faquarl
A very powerful Djinn who was in service to Simon Lovelace during book one. He and Bartimaeus were enemies for a long time before the trilogy. For reasons unknown to Bartimaeus, Farqual took on a semblance of a cook repeatedly in the Amulet of Samarkand. He is known for being slightly more powerful than Bartimaeus. He is finally killed in the third book by Bartimaeus (who was inhabiting Nathaniels body at the time).

Hodge
A djinni in service to Nathaniel during the events of book three. Was killed by Faquarl during the events at the Ambassador Hotel. He favored the the form of a large Pangolin.

Honorius
A very powerful Afrit who guarded Gladstones treasure within Gladstones skeleton. He went insane after one hundred years of confinement and ran amok in London wreaking havoc.

Jabor
A powerful djinn normally partnered with Faquarl. He is not known for his intelligence. He was killed by Ramuthra in the events of book one. Favored the form of a jackal-headed man.

Mwamba
A djinn who served Nathaniel during book three. Was killed by Faquarl in the events of book three. She favored the form of an anthropomorphic lizard wearing knee-high boots.

Naeyran
A powerful afrit who aided Nouda in the demon revolt

Nemaides
A demon in service to Julius Tallow who inflicted the Black Tumbler upon Kitty Jones and Jakob Hyrnek causing all of Kitty's anguish towards magicians.

Ramuthra
One of the most powerful demons in existence. It was the demon that Simon Lovelace used in his rebellion. It turned on him and ended up killing him. Nathaniel then dismissed it back to the sacred realm using Lovelace's summoning horn.

Shubit
A djinni constantly in service to Jessica Whitwell. Prefers the guise of a bear.

Simpkin
A foliot in service to Sholto Pinn. Get's into a battle with Bartimaeus in book one and is responsible for his capture. We see a single chapter from his point of view. This is the chapter in which he is killed by the Golem.

Xerxes
An utukku working as a sentry in the tower of London. Was killed by Faquarl in book one.

there a short list of Djinn names already.

Would be interesting: i would do it myself, but i have no time. school and the arda mod are taking up all the time i have.

here try this link... gerikes was helping me with it but i never came to actually typing it up and producing it... so take a look and see if you can do it.

Could someone provide me with a few names for djinn/demons and a list of names?

Ty

thomas.berubeg said:
That appears to be the most complete list i can find. (the one above.)

Those seem to be types or levels of djinn... what i was talking about is specific names like... Bartamaus of Alexandria or something like that.

Ascobol
A djinni who served Nathaniel during the events of the demon revolt. He was killed by Faquarl in the Ambassador hotel in an attempt to follow Hopkins who's body was inhabited by Faquarl at the time. He normally takes on the form of a cylops when on earth.

Baztuk
An Utukku (subclass of djinn) who during the events of book one was a sentry in the Tower of London. He was going to kill Bartimaeus because Bartimaeus killed most of his people in the Battle of Al-Arish but he never got the chance because he was killed by Faquarl.

Cormocodran
A third level Djinn in service to Nathaniel during the events of book three. He was killed by Faquarl during the event at the ambassador hotel. He normally takes on the form of a man-boar.

Faquarl
A very powerful Djinn who was in service to Simon Lovelace during book one. He and Bartimaeus were enemies for a long time before the trilogy. For reasons unknown to Bartimaeus, Farqual took on a semblance of a cook repeatedly in the Amulet of Samarkand. He is known for being slightly more powerful than Bartimaeus. He is finally killed in the third book by Bartimaeus (who was inhabiting Nathaniels body at the time).

Hodge
A djinni in service to Nathaniel during the events of book three. Was killed by Faquarl during the events at the Ambassador Hotel. He favored the the form of a large Pangolin.

Honorius
A very powerful Afrit who guarded Gladstones treasure within Gladstones skeleton. He went insane after one hundred years of confinement and ran amok in London wreaking havoc.

Jabor
A powerful djinn normally partnered with Faquarl. He is not known for his intelligence. He was killed by Ramuthra in the events of book one. Favored the form of a jackal-headed man.

Mwamba
A djinn who served Nathaniel during book three. Was killed by Faquarl in the events of book three. She favored the form of an anthropomorphic lizard wearing knee-high boots.

Naeyran
A powerful afrit who aided Nouda in the demon revolt

Nemaides
A demon in service to Julius Tallow who inflicted the Black Tumbler upon Kitty Jones and Jakob Hyrnek causing all of Kitty's anguish towards magicians.

Ramuthra
One of the most powerful demons in existence. It was the demon that Simon Lovelace used in his rebellion. It turned on him and ended up killing him. Nathaniel then dismissed it back to the sacred realm using Lovelace's summoning horn.

Shubit
A djinni constantly in service to Jessica Whitwell. Prefers the guise of a bear.

Simpkin
A foliot in service to Sholto Pinn. Get's into a battle with Bartimaeus in book one and is responsible for his capture. We see a single chapter from his point of view. This is the chapter in which he is killed by the Golem.

Xerxes
An utukku working as a sentry in the tower of London. Was killed by Faquarl in book one.
this? these are names, not ranks...

ok well ill add them and then post the update in the minimod thread

Top Bottom