DJSHenninger's Converted CIV4 Improvement Graphics

DJSHenninger

Megas Basileus
Here are some Civ4 Improvement graphics I converted. Will add more in the near future, as well as those I will use for my own mods. (Nope, too lazy) Special thanks to Ekmek & Danrell for their guides on converting Civ4 models to Civ5 graphics, to Lord Tirian for his "Improvement, Policy & Unit Action Icons (Firaxis style)" guide and to Deliverator (and co-creators) for his NexusBuddy software.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- These graphics do not have any custom 'under construction' graphics (HB), unless noted: use existing Wonder graphics
- Pillaged graphics are the same as the built graphics, but with smoke added (unless there are HB graphics, it'll then be HB + smoke)
- Credit the original artist as well
- .png file for creating 'unit action' icons included, as well as the .blend file
- Also, I'm willing to take requests, but consider the following points:CURRENTLY NOT TAKING MORE REQUESTS!
1. 'Under Construction' and 'Pillaged' graphics are not guaranteed
2. You can request up to two Improvement graphics per person per time. You can make a new request once these have been fulfilled.
3. Request well before you need it; I won't hurry up and convert them because you need it in a few days
4. I will not include ground textures unless asked. In that case you should provide a visual example of how you want it to look like. Also not too complicated. No ground texture means forest/jungle won't be removed visually.
5. Other people may use requested graphics. Clients :)lol:) who want to be the first to use their requested graphics should send a PM instead of requesting it publicly in this mod.
6. See this not-so-extensive-but-hopefully-yet-unlikely-clear-enough post for implementation of the improvement graphics.

Queue:
1. Vacant Mine & Tombstones for bane_

» European Fort 3 (originally by Walter Hawkwood)

DOWNLOAD

» Bolshoi Theatre (originally by Refar)

DOWNLOAD

» Eastern Regiment Camp (originally by Walter Hawkwood/EU3)

DOWNLOAD

» Central American Marketplace [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood/EU3)

DOWNLOAD

» Oriental Fort [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood/Anno 1404)

DOWNLOAD

» European Fort 1 [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood)

DOWNLOAD

» African City Center 4 [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood/Empire Earth 2)

DOWNLOAD

» Postapocalyptic Depot [+HB graphics] (originally by seZereth)

DOWNLOAD

» North American Encampment 1 [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood/EU3)

DOWNLOAD

» North American Encampment 2 [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood/EU3)

DOWNLOAD

» European Fort 5 [+HB graphics] (originally by Walter Hawkwood)

DOWNLOAD

» Industry - Factory 01 [+HB graphics] (originally by asioasioasio)

DOWNLOAD

Completed Requests:

» Tower of Eyes (DoctorMcGann)
» Kampung (Colonialist Legacies' Malaysia)
» Seminole Hut (Uighur_Caesar)
» Greek Fortress (AW)
» Snowman (Calcul8or's The North Pole)
» St Gregory Church (AW's Georgia)
» Spanish Colonial Village (AW's Asturias)
» African Wonder 2 (bane_)
» African Fort 1 (bane_)
» Hindu/Indian Temple (EU3) (Senshidenshi)
» Wildwood (Senshidenshi)
» Mediterranean Villa (Hypereon)
» Middle Eastern Regimental Camp (Uighur_caesar)
» Gas Well (pingvin156)

Very nice!

My compliments, DJSHenninger.

I would like to see improvement graphics like this more often!

Thanks both, though I only just converted them for Civ5. I hope people can find a use for them :)

Hey, I don't know if you do requests, but if you do, Zantonius and I could really use a conversion of this for our LOTR mods. It would be used as a unique city graphic, which can be done through improvement.

Yeah, I should be able to do that :)

EDIT: Here it is, not included are pillaged,under construction graphics or anything else related to Improvements, since it's meant to be used as city art.

Thanks :) Those generic graphics might be useful for some of the models. I should probably try to make under construction graphics again, despite failing the last time (the 'built' version would show up instead).

Thanks, no problem!

---------------

Also added 'European Fort 1'.

Unfortunately I don't have civ4col xD

I've been wondering, is there any way to have the improvement clear parts of jungle/forest (just like the trading post on jungle/forest etc.) without using the holy site ground graphics?

Sorry can someone made a civmod file with the improvemets?
I dont have the skills and tools to do. Please

These are just the graphics, to be used by modders. The aim of this thread is to help modders get graphics for their Unique Improvements. So, these are not actual improvements, just the art/graphics.

Add all fxsxml, dds and gr2 files, set VFS to true for all of them, and add the xml/sql for the improvement. I suggest you take a look at mods adding improvements, I can't post the code right now.

Top Bottom