DJSHenninger's Converted CIV4 Improvement Graphics

Ok, here's what you need to do in order to make it work:

1. Add all .fxsxml, .gr2 and .dds files to your mod. Set VFS to true for all of these files. It'll be invisible if the .dds files aren't added. Also double-check the .fxsxml files: make sure they correctly refer to the .gr2 files. It's possible I forgot to change this.

2. In Mod Properties, enable Reload Landmark system

3. Add corresponding XML or SQL to your mod for your custom improvement, and more specifically this:

XML:

Code:
<ArtDefine_Landmarks>
		<Row>
			<Era>Any</Era>
			<State>Constructed</State>
			<Scale>0.8</Scale>
			<ImprovementType>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_DJSH_APLEKTON</ImprovementType>
			<LayoutHandler>SNAPSHOT</LayoutHandler>
			<ResourceType>ART_DEF_RESOURCE_ALL</ResourceType>
			<Model>Aplekton_B.fxsxml</Model>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Era>Any</Era>
			<State>Pillaged</State>
			<Scale>0.8</Scale>
			<Model>Aplekton_PL.fxsxml</Model>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Era>Any</Era>
			<State>UnderConstruction</State>
			<Scale>0.8</Scale>
			<Model>Aplekton_HB.fxsxml</Model>
		</Row>
	</ArtDefine_Landmarks>

SQL:

Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes(Type, LandmarkType, FriendlyName)
SELECT 'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FRUSKA_GORA_MONASTERY', 'Improvement', 'European';

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks(Era, State, Scale, ImprovementType, LayoutHandler, ResourceType, Model, TerrainContour)
SELECT 'Any', 'UnderConstruction', 0.75,  'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FRUSKA_GORA_MONASTERY', 'SNAPSHOT', 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_ALL', 'sistineTI_HB.fxsxml', 1 UNION ALL
SELECT 'Any', 'Constructed',       0.75,  'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FRUSKA_GORA_MONASTERY', 'SNAPSHOT', 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_ALL', 'sistineTI_B.fxsxml',    1 UNION ALL
SELECT 'Any', 'Pillaged',          0.75,  'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FRUSKA_GORA_MONASTERY', 'SNAPSHOT', 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_ALL', 'WTI_PL.fxsxml', 1;

4. Don't forget to activate the files in Actions

I hope this helps ;)

These are great! If I can figure out the Lua necessary to pull off what I hope to use it for, the North American Encampment 1 model would be perfect for an idea I came up with for an Inquisition civ I'm putting together.

Want to ask before I use it, but would you mind me using the Eastern Regiment Camp?

I want to use it for my Greater Perm (Komi Republic) Civilization, and needed a model for the UI.

Want to ask before I use it, but would you mind me using the Eastern Regiment Camp?

I want to use it for my Greater Perm (Komi Republic) Civilization, and needed a model for the UI.

Totally, that's what they're here for. No need to ask. Not sure if it has any pillaged/under construction graphics, though. Probably not.

Any chance you could convert this improvement from Civ IV? It would be great for my update to the North Pole (Santa) civ...

Sure! There are two versions: a 'single snowman' version with just the Snowman with the hat, and the other one with two snowmen, as shown in the screenshots. Which one do you prefer? Also, do you want under construction and, er, pillaged graphics? :lol:

Do you only convert from civ 4 or can you also retexture civ 5 graphics? I want my Taino civ to be able to spawn a unique cassava resource, which I guess could just be done by retexturing one of the existing agricultural resources in civ 5. It can be as simple as just changing the color, I just want to get this civ done.

Sure! There are two versions: a 'single snowman' version with just the Snowman with the hat, and the other one with two snowmen, as shown in the screenshots. Which one do you prefer? Also, do you want under construction and, er, pillaged graphics? :lol:

I am fine with either the single or the two snowmen - if it's all the same, go with two. As to under construction/pillaged graphics - that would be ideal, but i will take what I can get. Thanks so much!

Do you think you can convert this civ 4 hut for my Seminole civ: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19019? Also, if it's not too much trouble could you also change the color a bit since it looks kind of dark? Here's a few pictures of want it's supposed to look like for reference:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

DJSH, if you have C4W, could I request a conversion of a building called Platos_Academy and/or Helenlistic_monastery? I found them in my installation path C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Warlords\Assets\Art\Structures\Buildings, but I'm pretty sure they're not actually used in game.
I'm not sure which I like better because I don't know how to make NifScope render the model with skins, so if you'll take me up on the offer, I'll let you choose which one to do. Whichever you think looks more like a smallish ancient Greek palace.

And I can't attach the files because that would make me a pirate. :/

Not asking you to do it today, of course. ;) Just to be added to the queue.

TIA and gelukkig Kerstfeest*,
AW

* Translation courtesy of Google Translate

DJSH, if you have C4W, could I request a conversion of a building called Platos_Academy and/or Helenlistic_monastery? I found them in my installation path C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Warlords\Assets\Art\Structures\Buildings, but I'm pretty sure they're not actually used in game.
I'm not sure which I like better because I don't know how to make NifScope render the model with skins, so if you'll take me up on the offer, I'll let you choose which one to do. Whichever you think looks more like a smallish ancient Greek palace.

And I can't attach the files because that would make me a pirate. :/

Not asking you to do it today, of course. ;) Just to be added to the queue.

TIA and gelukkig Kerstfeest*,
AW

* Translation courtesy of Google Translate

Sorry, I don't think I actually have Civilization IV: Warlords (If that's what C4W means :p). I just have the base game :/

And thanks, you too :)

I suppose this is too late to be remotely be called a response :)p), but, if not the Hellenistic monastery, could you please add the Greek Fortress to your queue? It would probably work better anyway. With as much of the hill removed as possible, preferably, if you can.

What say you; new Research Agreement? :D

I suppose this is too late to be remotely be called a response :)p), but, if not the Hellenistic monastery, could you please add the Greek Fortress to your queue? It would probably work better anyway. With as much of the hill removed as possible, preferably, if you can.

What say you; new Research Agreement? :D

I hereby formally renew our Research Agreement between our fair nations. Live long and prosper! :sheep:

I figure if we ever get around to doing the big WatM game, me, you and maybe tarcisiocm will need to band together to be able to withstand the Imperial onslaught. :)

Oh yeah, and thanks for the model. :D

Could I also please get this converted (or something like it - just generally a village-ish looking model)?

thx fam

Top Bottom