DLC 05 Unmentioned Change Thread

How do you think: is the unmentioned increase to gold yield of some tile improvements an intended change or just a bug? We would know for sure if it were included in the patch notes.

I'm pretty sure the extra gold is intentional. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, it makes it so that by the late game, most improvements follow the rule of 2 gold = 1 production or food. That seems too intentional to have happened accidentally because of a bug.

I am not sure if its new with this patch or last. I had a spy successfully complete a mission, but he was also discovered by my opponent. I was able to promote him, before he attempted escape (got ace driver). I know at one time, if a spy was discovered he didn't get a promotion.

Interesting - I think you're right

There is no more "decisive victory" in combat preview.

Inner ring hexes automatically get switched to a newly founded or captured city regardless of previous control.

I also thought it was already like this, but I guess not

Anyone else noticing ai building more ships? My games post patch Ai has build bigger navies than before, when they hardly built any ships at all.

I've found a way of easiest winning every game very fast;)
Spoiler :

1. go in the diplomatic negotiation with an AI Civ.
2. Offer him any resource.
3. Demand first the great works, then his money and then ALL his cities

Deity victory in 10 minutes:)

EDIT: Just a display error - sorry:blush:

Last edited:
I've found a way of easiest winning every game very fast;)
Spoiler :

1. go in the diplomatic negotiation with an AI Civ.
2. Offer him any resource.
3. Demand first the great works, then his money and then ALL his cities

Deity victory in 10 minutes:)

EDIT: Just a display error - sorry:blush:

Yeah there's a bug where the AI leader won't update their assessment of a proposed deal after a certain number of times- i.e. They'll carry on saying they accept or reject your proposal regardless.

It makes suing for peace with a defeated leader a pain unless you wait for them to suggest terms. You can't trial-and-error adding and removing items to see the best deal you can get off them.

No, I meant control is only switched between cities that are owned by the same player.

So if you own a 3rd tile hex and found a city next to it that tile automatically switches to the city it is in the inner ring of.

This can be circumvented by building a district in the third ring. I get encampents adjacent to city centers often by building them in the third ring of my cap and then settling a new city adjacent to the encampment.

Top Bottom