DLC 05 Unmentioned Change Thread

If you save a starting configuration with random leader selected, when you load that configuration you'll get the same leader every time.
That's a problem. Wanna report it as a bug?
No. If I load a saved configuration of a game, I want to replay the exact same game (ie. same random [leader, map type ...] selected).

Probably you mean to load a specific game and randomize its starting configuration by hitting (repeatedly) the Restart button? (So getting with the same settings different games based on random selections)

No. If I load a saved configuration of a game, I want to replay the exact same game (ie. same random [leader, map type ...] selected).

Probably you mean to load a specific game and randomize its starting configuration by hitting (repeatedly) the Restart button? (So getting with the same settings different games based on random selections)

My understanding is that if you save it with random selected (which most will); you want it to still roll random without you having to do anything else. Seems to undermine the whole quickness of being able to save a starting configuration in the first place; if you then have to flick restart to get a random leader.

But how do I regenerate then 'the original game', which perhaps was generated with a random setting? (Back then on initial generation I wanted something random, but now I want just the exact same game again.)

For example if I have the other day new ideas and just want to try out another approach to the very same game again or I read here in the forum about a great and interesting start and the question how to play (along with map seed & configuration to download) ...

The easiest thing to do is to save the game before you start playing it or regenerate a new map. Then you can reload the exact save.

But how do I regenerate then 'the original game', which perhaps was generated with a random setting? (Back then on initial generation I wanted something random, but now I want just the exact same game again.)

For example if I have the other day new ideas and just want to try out another approach to the very same game again or I read here in the forum about a great and interesting start and the question how to play (along with map seed & configuration to download) ...

I assume that's what the Restart button is supposed to do. The config should re-roll random and the restart should use everything as current.

I assume that's what the Restart button is supposed to do. The config should re-roll random and the restart should use everything as current.
No, restart should give you a different map - that's whole point of a restart button. You don't like the start you got but you don't want to go back to the game settings screen either because you want all the same settings.

If you want the exact same everything, save the first turn and replay from there.

The saved config saves a bunch of mouse clicks, and then you can modify your favorite settings slightly if you want (or not). I would expect anything set as random to be rerolled every time you start a new game with a given set of settings - but it sounds like that's not happening. (If you change you mind and don't want something random, you should have to change the setting to what you want.)

I'd report that as a bug ;)

The saved config saves a bunch of mouse clicks, and then you can modify your favorite settings slightly if you want (or not). I would expect anything set as random to be rerolled every time you start a new game with a given set of settings - but it sounds like that's not happening. (If you change you mind and don't want something random, you should have to change the setting to what you want.)
Best part of the patch! This is going to save me so much time.

No, restart should give you a different map - that's whole point of a restart button. You don't like the start you got but you don't want to go back to the game settings screen either because you want all the same settings.

Correct, I would hope the map is re-rolled either way.

Hi guys.. i'm currently away on vacation and do not have access to my PC, can anyone please confirm if there were any changes made to the passive religion spread?

I think they're back... The swarm of missionaries and apostles.

I met Egypt around turn 100, under the guise of 7 missionaries and three apostles. They fell on my territory like hungry crickets and forced me to DOW.

Not sure if it actually makes the walls worth building just for tourism purposes.

I play peacefully, so I always build walls as that tends to make my cities less likely to be targets (I think? I hope?) So the tourism is a bonus, and a welcome one as I often win with culture.

I play peacefully, so I always build walls as that tends to make my cities less likely to be targets (I think? I hope?) So the tourism is a bonus, and a welcome one as I often win with culture.

And Urban Defenses don't happen till Steel now. So there is greater reason to upgrade Walls. Also, Monarchy now makes it take less time and gives Housing for each tier. So it does seem like it could be worthwhile more often than it used to be.

I'd report that as a bug ;)
Oh well, we all know the statements / jokes:
"It's no bug, it works as designed." ("It's no bug, it works as implemented.") ... :goodjob:
My first impression when I read the Patch Notes was, that the 'added saving of game setup configurations' would help in cases like this (What do you do with a totally isolated start?):
I'll have to check if there's a turn 0 autosave like in Civ5. I'm still playing the game. Gandhi is pretty far ahead in science, I'm way ahead in military and just about everything else [...]
IE. a backup in cases when the "mandatory" turn 0 save was omitted as well as a VERY SMALL file format to distribute the information necessary for regeneration of a complete game.
If indeed the intention of 'saving of game setup configurations' was to provide a maximal efficient / convenient way to generate new gamestarts ... well, then the behaviour looks 'strange' :)

As I mentioned in another thread, I feel that the restart button and the save/load config button got switched up.

I didn't sift through the thread, so apologies if this was already posted, but the trick that used to allow you to cancel trade routes in progress (clicking on the icon above the trader unit and then clicking on the icon above any enemy unit) no longer works. Also if you settle on a lux you now get the amenity regardless. I settled on jade in a game yesterday and had +2 amenities on T1.

Restart function gives me different map, different leader.
Load config gives me the same leader, same map, same position.
As I mentioned in another thread, I feel that the restart button and the save/load config button got switched up.
I find this funny ... 'cause I thought:

Load config gives the 'the current configuration' of the game (with the exact same selections in random fields), which simply started leads to the regeneration / restore of the current game start.

Restart function gives a restart of the map generation process, which leads to a new game start based on the given settings (with new selections in random fields).

I didn't sift through the thread, so apologies if this was already posted, but the trick that used to allow you to cancel trade routes in progress (clicking on the icon above the trader unit and then clicking on the icon above any enemy unit) no longer works. Also if you settle on a lux you now get the amenity regardless. I settled on jade in a game yesterday and had +2 amenities on T1.

I was unaware of the ability to cancel a trade route...And that is hand to know re lux's.

Not an unmentioned changed necessarily, but a feature that's hidden for Nubia unless you peak through the files.

Nubia has a start bias to start near strategic resources. It's far stronger resource start bias than any other civ gets. Here's a screenshot showing all the resource start biases:

View attachment 474896
How would one go about seeing that whole list?

Top Bottom