DLC content that I would pay for

How about the Crusades? (Probably not PC enough) Or a scenario that does the Mongols justice. For example, Genghis Khan's main general Subutai conquered 32 nations, won 65 decisive battles, and overran more land than any other general in history. Can you do the same? (Definitely going to have to be a huge map for this one) Just some ideas. :crazyeye:

3) Napoleon Bonaparte's conquest of Europe, including the battle at sea with the British! (Waterloo or whatever it was called)

So wait , that town a mile away from me is actually the sea O.o Holy crap

Couldn't resist

I really haven't seen any scenario's for the Middle East, so that would get my attention. Off the top of my head:

1. Rise of the Ummayads
2. Third Crusade (or any crusade for that matter)
3. Rise of the Ottomans
4. World War I

Bleh... I never really liked playing scenarios. Call me old school, but I like starting on a random map on marathon, in the ancient times with a basic settler and warrior. Plus, I hate scenarios that have different triggers dependent on what you do. Just makes it too scripted.

I'm not the biggest proponent of the different CIV's as DLC, but I would love to buy the following DLC:

1) Cultural unit graphics (make 4-5 variations of each unit based on European, Arabic, Asian, Native American, and Roman-Greek art styles)

2) 10 (at least) NEW units total for all civs (similar to the tons of new units introduced by BTS).

3) A new game MODE, such as "Double-Marathon", where marathon games take twice as long, but have new technologies and units to compensate.

4) A new setting where you could easily create your own CUSTOM civilization without having to learn how to mod. This could involve different sliders/costs, similar to custom civilization creation in the game EMPIRE EARTH.

That be my two cents. What sayeth thee?

3) A new game MODE, such as "Double-Marathon", where marathon games take twice as long, but have new technologies and units to compensate.
:eek:

As if Civ V Marathon wasn't painful enough, you'd actually pay to make it more so?

A nice gui interface to create custom civs (and buildings, and units, and terrain improvements) would be wonderful, for those of us without the time to learn to mod but who want to tinker with some of the game mechanics.

I've always preferred Marathon over any other modes. That's what makes CIV so great. It takes hours to beat, and when done correctly, is a gaming experience that doesn't compare to any other game.

But... with that said...

CIV V marathon is pretty broken. I play with the mod (I forgot the name) that doubles unit production and halves research time. It'll take some more tweaking, but one day we'll have a marathon mode as awesome as in CIV IV.

How's about the "Sid Meier's The Rise and Fall of Sid Meier's Civilization" scenario?
Found a game studio to stand the test of...fourteen years!
Research technology to improve your games!
Spread your games to the world!
Keep your players happy!
Rule the world...until CiV destroys it all!

CIV V marathon is pretty broken. I play with the mod (I forgot the name) that doubles unit production and halves research time..

Double production on unit make sense, since marathon should realy allow you to focus more on every era and have more event occuring in them (like war) and not only waiting more turn to get the exacte same result. But I don't understant having halve research time... doesnt that break the game? I mean... you must be getting gun powder at the end of the ancient era or medieval?

I would realy like a mode or DLC focused on a better version of marathon game. I'm playing a marathon right now, it's fun.. but should be better.

Double production on unit make sense, since marathon should realy allow you to focus more on every era and have more event occuring in them (like war) and not only waiting more turn to get the exacte same result. But I don't understant having halve research time... doesnt that break the game? I mean... you must be getting gun powder at the end of the ancient era or medieval?

I would realy like a mode or DLC focused on a better version of marathon game. I'm playing a marathon right now, it's fun.. but should be better.

Whoops. I meant the mod makes unit production twice as quick, and makes research twice as slow. That way, you can play with certain units for a much longer time before they go obsolete.

3) Napoleon Bonaparte's conquest of Europe, including the battle at sea with the British! (Waterloo or whatever it was called)

ROFLMAOPTOR!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This is tooo much FAIL in one sentence! Waterloo refers to the town near where they fought. It was a HUGE land battle for the day.

That was uncalled for. Every nation has people who don't know history. Let's not resort to silly stereotypes.

I'd pay for Warhammer 40k professional mod :)

Actually I am American and we are not taught much history outside of North America. I learned most of my history of Europe from the history channel. I only recently learned that the war of 1812 was due to us trading with Napoleon during the Napoleonic wars (BTW awesome war, Europeans have never let me down when it comes to warfare). They really don't teach us much outside of the USA in school... Everything I learned about Europe I learned on my own free time or with electives.

BTW, Americans make fun of Americans for not knowing basic geography so your not doing anything new :p Too many Americans cannot even find the USA on a world map. So go ahead and make fun of us, maby it will encourage people to look at a world map once in their lives -_-.

CIV V marathon is pretty broken. I play with the mod (I forgot the name) that doubles unit production and halves research time. It'll take some more tweaking, but one day we'll have a marathon mode as awesome as in CIV IV.
I always play with that same mod for Civ 4, awesome mod. I just wish it was in Civ by default so I can use other mods with it

ok guys lets get it together. the Battle of Trafalgar was fought by the British navy led by Admiral Lord Nelson, against the combined fleets of France and Spain during the Napoleonic wars. The battle was fought off the southern coast of Spain. Despite being outnumbered, the British won a devastating victory which firmly established Britain's unrivaled dominance of the sea for the next century, and also dealt the final blow to Napoleon's hopes of invading England across the channel.

OK... i would pay for something mirroring rhyes and fall. only stipulation, the great empires couldnt collapse out of nowhere. how about a scenario that spans the length of history?

Top Bottom