DLL - Various Mod Components

So,this mod is not working if you load/save files,dont know why.

Only on your machine, works fine on mine (and many others!)

What version of the game are you using (the version number is at the bottom of the first menu and looks like 1.0.x.y)

V22 has just been uploaded to my site, the only thing it changes is the maxversion number to work with the latest hotfix

V22 has just been uploaded to my site, the only thing it changes is the maxversion number to work with the latest hotfix

Thanks William. I figured out why it crashed for me...

I have just seen the posts about working with a .civ5map, that it might crash. Well, actually it is my problem.

There are some people who had the same problem. I'm going to check it out and try to find out a solution...

@EDIT: William, I have all the things you proposed in this thread to avoid crashes with custom civ5maps:
- I have download the 34civDLL and overwritten the files, but no way.
- I have also download the 2 map mods (luxuries and small landmasses), installed it all and put the 34civDLL files in the three mods, also didn't work.

CustomMods log shows at the end...
"Pick'N'Mix BNW DLL - Shutdown"

And in database.log I see...
Spoiler :

[125625.641] no such table: CustomModOptions
[125625.641] In Query - UPDATE CustomModOptions SET "Value" = ? WHERE "Name" = ?;
[125625.641] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/GlobalLocalGenerals.xml): There was an error executing the update statement! See Database.log for details.
[125625.641] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file XML/GlobalLocalGenerals.xml.
[125625.641] In Query - UPDATE CustomModOptions SET "Value" = ? WHERE "Name" = ?;
[125625.641] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/GlobalPassableForts.xml): There was an error executing the update statement! See Database.log for details.
[125625.641] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file XML/GlobalPassableForts.xml.
[125625.641] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/ImprovementTunnel.xml): There was an error executing the update statement! See Database.log for details.
[125625.641] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file XML/ImprovementTunnel.xml.
[125625.641] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/PromotionsTerrainCrossing.xml): There was an error executing the update statement! See Database.log for details.
[125625.641] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file XML/PromotionsTerrainCrossing.xml.
[125627.078]

And in database.log I see...

You'll see those if you're trying to use just the DLL (ie by copying it over another mod that has a DLL or copying it over the main game one) without also having the actual "DLL - Various Mod Components" mod enabled - the mod contains some XML/SQL files that must also be activated, one of them defines the table those updates are trying to access.

V23 of the DLL has just been pushed to my web-site.

See the new DLL-required mods for additional details and/or CustomModOptions.xml for additional functionality, a partial list is
  • RELIGION_KEEP_PROPHET_OVERFLOW - Faith overflow from prophets (200/300/500) should be kept (eg 215 is one prophet + 15 towards the next)
  • Fixed adding barb camps to call spawn init code in CvBarbarians
  • MOD_BUGFIX_UNIT_PREREQ_PROJECT
  • MOD_GLOBAL_ANYTIME_GOODY_GOLD
  • Added CreateGreatWork() to game Lua API
  • Added unit plunder trade route Lua API
  • Added unit create great work Lua API
  • Added pCity:GetTourismRateModifier() al la GetCultureRateModifier()
  • TradeRoute API

First, thank you for this brilliant dll mod which adds many most-wanted and very important lua events.

Two situations (questions) here: 1) I can never open http://www.picknmixmods.com/ or any html pages inside it. I guess something inbetween the servers have been blocked by my net provider. So the question I have is: do you have any backup mirrors? :D

2) Is this dll mod version-restricted (like all dll mods in civ4)? Since the Fall patch is coming, I wonder if it's better for me to wait for your updates after the patch is released.

do you have any backup mirrors?
Unfortunately not.

Is this dll mod version-restricted? Since the Fall patch is coming, I wonder if it's better for me to wait for your updates after the patch is released.
V23 won't work with the Fall Patch (the beta is currently available and it doesn't work with that) so if you have problems downloading, then wait for V24.

V24 of the DLL is being pushed to my web-site as I type this - supports 1.0.3.128 beta

Please note that saves using v23 are NOT compatible with v24 (despite 3.80 saves being compatible with v124/8 saves)

And yet, I have a great sorrow. I very much like your mods, but I also create mods for civ5 and almost all of them require edits in the DLL. Because of this, I can not use both their mods and yours. Perhaps it would be great if you create project such as on github (I know you've got there have a project, but he's dead) and other developers could make a pull request

... create project such as on github ...

Does nobody actually read old posts in active threads and/or look for things beyond the end of their noses these days ... :sad:

V24 source code has just been pushed up to the usual same old place on GitHub - ie https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-DLL

As I no longer intend to support either vanilla or G&K mods in the DLL I have branched the old PNM_Various_Mod_Components_GK branch into PNM_Various_Mod_Components_BNW and tagged V24 in there.

Note: In an attempt to make future changes that add to the saved object states backwards compatible, I have adopted the Firaxis approach of putting a version number into EVERY saved object, which has resulted in minor changes to many source files that have no other mods - search for MOD_SERIALIZE_(INIT_)?(READ|WRITE) for these changes. This has also required the dll version to be split into an unsigned int and a status flag - search for MOD_DLL_VERSION_(NUMBER|STATUS) for these changes.

GREAT! WONDERFUL! Maybe soon you'll get my pull request. But still, we would like to request for Steam Workshop

And sorry for my bad English and for the fact that I have not read the entire thread completely. I have to use google translate, what not so that enhances the understanding between us: (

Hi! I've downloaded a bunch of mods from picknmixmods.com (many thanks for the great work for the author, by the way!) and I can not activate Various Mod Components in my game. I tried the latest version of the mod (v25) and the previous one (v24) also. Both are can not be activated.
Here's the screenshot of the mod selection menu: http://i.imgur.com/kesRwjc.png
Could someone please tell me - what am i doing wrong here?

v25 and v24 are only compatible with the civ5 beta you need to use v3

Top Bottom