DM01: Waiting for Huitzilopochtli (Warlords)

Is Rex doing that as a lurker or as the prankster of Chaos SG2/SG3? Oh yeah, and I played four turns after BW was researched, so its on Robo's SIXTH turn.

10 1/4 hours left before I pick up the game...

We should use the turn counter, I think. Is there a way to view the current turn number without adding a mod?

sry about being late to pick up i got back in school and by the way this is da pick up

AH will be done in 4 turns and the barracks will be done in 2 I look up the time it would take for SH it would take 45 turns to make I would go for it or like I like to say “winging it”
and for the orcle 57 turns the parthon and the Temple of artimis both would cost 150 turns each :eek: look below for the turn log
sry no screenies kinda rused
Spoiler :
My Turn

Turn 1 : while defending our scout kills a wolf
Turn 2 : nothing
Turn 3 : while defending our scout kills a lion
Turn 4 : nothing
Turn 5: while defending our scout was killed by a barbarian panther
While defending our warrior killed a wolf
Turn 6: While defending our warrior killed a bear
The wheel was completed and Archery was started
Turn 7:worker-> Barracks in Capital
Turn 8: nothing
Turn 9: our scout was killed by a bear
Turn 10: nothing
Turn 11-14: nothing
Turn 15: Archery-> AH
Turn 16: Scout kills Wolf
Turn 17-19: nothing
Turn 20: Warrior kills Wolf

Good turnset, I'll look at the save tonight, as I am at work now :)

Question:
Why are we researching AH? Seems like wasted beakers as we wont use it for a long time.

Roster:
1: Pholkhero >>
2. Picardathon >>
3. Xtream >> just played
4. RoboKai >> UP NOW for 15
5. Rem >> on deck for 10
6. Remconius >> up for 10

wow dude you work this late its like 1:24 where im at
BTW i reserched it cause i noticed some cows we could use and i have some insomia and i cant get to sleep and school is going to kill me tomarrow :(

I am from the Netherlands, GMT+1, it's 10:30am here :D. Normal office hours.

Too bad you got AH.
We are playing an Aztec variant, remember, and we are not allowed to use pastures until the Renaissance era.

i got it so that we could advance in tech without the penetly for forgeting lower techs

:sniper:
So uh, XR, I will need the save. I'm getting too excited to spill virtual human blood in 6 turns for great justice!

If you people don't mind, I think I will be playing this game like a "few cottage challenge".

So anyway, does everyone want to go for a wonder?
1. Henge? - probably good since we need that cultural expansion for more farms
2. Wall? - once we get masonry. for easy great engineer.
3. Pyramid? - er, I don't see a need for Representation or Police State anytime soon...

I guess XR was really suffering from Insomnia when he played.

I am not sure what the few cottage challenge is.

Stonehenge will be good to get a Great priest for our holy capital so we can earn an extra buck.

Well, "Few Cottage Challenge" is just a fancy synonym for "build more farms to encourage whipping".

And to clarify what I said about not needing Representation... I don't think we can run a Great Person city because of the necessity of human sacrifice... om... ommm...

I'll probably cancel Animal H and change it to something nice... any ideas?

I guess we do need lots of farms.... do we have agriculture?

Otherwise heading for writing always suits me well, usually. We could go for a more religious path to match our religious nature.

sry about that save i was very tirard and dint know what i was doing when i posted the upload ( i knew what i was doing during the game Fortuanlty)
and now im going to take a nap good day View attachment 137192

It's going to be tough to spill blood properly.

In 6 turns we are only size 3 and yet have to spill 2. I am pretty sure the max to whip is 1. So it will take 2 whips (lots of unhappiness, but we can handle that) Pholkhero said it had to be done on the 30th turn, but that is impossible.

The fairest is to whip on turn 29 and again on turn 30.

I think a whip gives 45 hammers, but whipping an unstarted unit only yields 30 hammers. So it's good to micromanage and have a few projects started.

one idea. We build temples at double speed. So, if you prebuild a temple with 30 hammers, you can whip 1 for 45 (actually 90) we have the temple complete. :)

For the future we should grow at least to size 4 so we can whip 2 pop at once. That means a granary and lots of farms. :D

Did a test game and you can whip 2 pop in turn if you are at size 3!

You whip two different projects. So if you are building the barracks, almost completed, whip it to completion. Then change build, to say a warrior, whip again. The result is two builds in the cue that have one turn left and will be built in the following two turns.

For max effect you do need two project that have started. So put a hammer into an archer and 30 hammers into a temple and you can finish them both in the whipping turn.

Thanks for the help rem! But I wasn't able to whip both projects (in this case hindu temple and barracks) in the same turn before reading! So I did it in 2 turns... sorry!
Still, I hope that's fair enough for me not to redo the game ^^;

Spoiler King Kai I's historical notes and pictograms, found many many years after his exile. :

Pre-turn (1720 BC)
Research priority switches from Animal Husbandry to the necessary Pottery.
Reason: We need a granary ASAP. People will be dying often.
Delay almost-finished Barracks and start on Hindu Temple.
Reason: Barracks reserved for whipping.

Turn 1
Worker finishes a farm. He is ordered to construct a road up to the stone.
Worker constructing road on mine is ordered to extend that road up to the elephant camp.

Turn 2
Wolves attack an Aztec warrior far south of our capital, who instead enjoy wolf meat stew for dinner.

Turn 3
Road to elephants finish, so those workers are now constructing a road at the area blessed with rice.

Turn 4
Huitzil-whatever and I twiddle our thumbs together. I almost forget to press the End Turn button.

Turn 5
Some scouts northeast of the capital, who were hungry for wolf meat ever since they heard about what the warriors have been eating, get their fair share of meat too.

Turn 6
The vampire god demands fresh blood!
I sacrifice one population unit as an excuse to finish the Hindu Temple.
Sorry Mr. god, I guess I'll kill more next turn!
Workers road up the rice and advance closer to the stone.

Turn 7
The vampire god demands fresh blood!
I sacrifice another group of people "to finish the barracks".
Now...

Turn 8
Pottery finishes. I start on Writing.
Reason: The Elders demand a Sacrificial Pit. We need Code of Laws ASAP, check out the previous screenshot for why.
Interrupt Stonehenge to start a Granary.

Turn 9
Workers road up stone and now start roads up to new city site.
I definitely will not start on a new Settler until at least 1 granary is up.

Turn 10
Huitzil-whatever orders more thumb-twiddling! I disagree and work on a sandwich.

Turn 11
Thank god, for the capital is now at size 2 again.
Micromanage to work both farms.

Turn 12
Road to new town site finishes. One worker starts chopping trees outside city's fat cross.
Reason: Need to finish Granary ASAP. Sorry didn't start this chopping earlier, my mistake!

Turn 13
Other worker moves to a tree, but chopping doesn't start yet.

Turn 14
Copping second tile of trees start outside city's fat cross.

Turn 15 (1210 BC)
The vampire god and followers exiles King Kai I from the throne.
Reason: "You have disobeyed me, you sandwich-eating bastard! You did not twiddle your thumbs!"

Thank you. I must now fade away into the sunset.

As King Kai I steps down, he leaves some notes for the next king.
1. As a result of the vampire god's insatiable blood-hunger, our empire is bottom-feeding along with Shaka.
2. Please finish the granary through forest-chopping. Workers are... uh, working on it.
3. Reasearch Code of Laws after Writing for sacrificial pits?
4. Once granary is built, continue Henge. Or how about tooling a settler until it's only 2 slaves away from completion?
5. Huitzil's blood hunger is temporarily sated, but he will ask for sacrifice once more in 21 turns.

The save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/73311/DM01_BC-1210.CivWarlordsSave

Roster:
1: Pholkhero >> on the second deck for 10
2. Picardathon >>
3. Xtream >>
4. RoboKai >> just played
5. Rem >> up now for 10*
6. Remconius >> on deck for 10*

Come to think of it, perhaps 10 turns are still a bit too low at this stage.

So Huitzilopochti will come for us again on Pholk's first turn (Or if he's still gone, my first turn.

Hmm, because we are 6 now, that means whipping always occurs on the first turn of Pholk and Robo.

Was looking forward to handling the whip at some point in time. I guess I and xtream have the task to prepare the whipping. To make sure there are prebuilds and enough pop to whip.

Top Bottom