DM01: Waiting for Huitzilopochtli (Warlords)

I like that idea, Robo ~

New Rule (TM): Each dead soul of our newly conquered cities count towards the overall deaths required by the 2x formula. It'll be easy to notate as we'll be whipping the turn AFTER it comes out of anarchy (so we can't use the penalty to our advantage). Also, once CoL is researched, the initial whip of newly conquered cities must be used to build a Sacrificial Altar. Then, on the 45th turn, we kill the difference in the name of Huitzilopochtil ~ make sense?

Good ~

Picardathon: you're UP NOW

Cool, I'll get it.

Turn 1: New city needs a road for us to start doing jack squat with it, we need to get Jags up ASAP, because those things are designed for Whipping, so I keep IW.
Okay, so the turns sort of start melting together here. The most interesting part of this turnset was an OPEN BORDERS agreement. Barb axemen do begin coming out from the north, so archers are built in cities for protection. I took the liberty of playing quite a few (22) turns, just so Xtream would have something interesting to do, like declare, or beat up some axemen, or ANYTHING!!!
And as far as I'm concerned, 45 turns sounds great, just make it 1 slave per city (I am sure MORE than enough blood will be flowing to satisfy Huitzilopochti), but generally a "Spill as much blood (Ours), Blood (Enemies) and urine (Enemies) as possible.
I think I played about 22 turns, so that would be 15 turns to the next bloodletting. You're up, xtream.

Attachments

• Crap, the barbs are more advanced than us!0000.JPG
    Crap, the barbs are more advanced than us!0000.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 119
Nice turns :lol: things are now looking up, partially because of the rule chance... do we have Jags now?

So we're going with the 1.5x cities per 45 turns now?

i have to keep studying for those songs...:( wow school is controlled by satan

@ Picard ~ no worries about playing 22 turns ~ we can say you took Xtream's turn for him :D

@ Robo ~ for now, we're going to stick w/2x and see how that goes (oh, and you're UP since XR needs skip)

Roster:
1: Pholkhero >>
2. Picardathon >> just played
3. Xtream >> skipped
4. RoboKai >> UP NOW
5. Rem >> on deck
6. Remconius >>

King Kai II goes to power...

Turn 0 (445BC) (15 turns to human sacrifice)
Micro Tenochtitlan (hereafter known as "capital") to finish archer in 2 turns

IBT: Archer in Teotihuacan defeats Axeman.

Turn 1
Micro capital to produce less food
Iron Working -> Alphabet

Turn 2
Captal: Archer -> Jaguar
I don't want to whip Teotihuacan to get a second archer. Barb axe is approaching, so I promote warrior with Shock and cross my fingers... :(

Turn 3
A gathering of units at the barb town of Aryan. Our archer does nothing because chance of winning is bleak.

Turn 4
The other civs haven't attacked the barb city...
Barb axeman approaches Teotihuacan

IBT: Barb axeman defeats our archer

Turn 5
Shock warrior defeats barb axeman
Other civs still haven't touched the barb city!

Turn 6
Capital: Jaguar -> Oracle (I figured if I could whip the Oracle for 4 pop we win!)
Jaguar moves over to Aryan to try help

Turn 7
WTF another axeman? I'm forced to whip Teotihuacan to get a new archer or we'll lose it in 2 turns :(

Turn 8
Teo connected to capital by road now.
Teo: Archer -> Archer
Micro to finish the Oracle in 12
Axe approches...

IBT: Archer defeats Axe thank Huitzil-whatever...

Turn 9
:hammer:

Turn 10
Park Jag next to Aryan...

Turn 11
Bismarck completes Temple of Artemis heh heh.

IBT: We're not even in the top 8...

Turn 12
Teo: Archer -> Library (science rules)
More barb axes heading to Teo! WTF!

Turn 13
Oracle costs 4 pop left, delay it by pre-building a Jaguar

Turn 14
Axe turns and heads for capital instead.

Turn 15
Huitzilopochtli demans BLOOD!
Please have mercy! Here, I consecrate The Oracle using blood from :whipped:-ing 4 units of population... there, happy?
Axemen are gonna pillage a mine next to capital, sorry
Archer promotes first strike and goes to a hill next to axemen

THE SAVE:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/73311/DM01_BC-0190.CivWarlordsSave

Thanks man!

Here's the thing... since we didn't finish CoL, which is sad AND I should've finished CoL instead of that Alphabet :)smoke: forgot all about CS), we may have to settle with Metal Casting. :(

Well the Oracle hasn't finished yet, so if the next player feels up to the gamble, build something while finishing up CoL... if you dare...

Pretty big gamble, IMO. We might miss it all together and just get cash.

Let's settle for Metal casting. Then we can whip a forge (180 hammers = 4 pop :D)

A. Robokai Take Aryan now or the AI will.
B. Why is food de-emphasized? We should re emphasize it and start making troops to either take out that Barb city NE of us or take out Izzy (Or both)
C. The reason we're not in the top 8 is because we're dead last.
D. Izzy's first place, a fanatic and a heretic, we need to kill her soon, Jags and axes sounds like good troops, Cordoba's in a great spot (Quite rare for the AI) and it has 2 archers defending.

Actually it's Rem's turn.

Roster:
1: Pholkhero
2. Picardathon
3. Xtream
4. RoboKai - Just played
5. Rem - Up for 10, I think
6. Remconius - On deck

I think you may pickup in a while, Remconius, if Rem doesn't show up...

It's military after the Oracle then, which will finish on the next player's first turn.

EDIT: Picard, as you can see, even the AI is not attacking Aryan. :D

Got it, I'll play tonight.

Plan:
Finish Oracle, get metal casting. (Get Forge in one go on next whip :))
Build some Jags, head over to Cordoba and take it (prolly wont get that far)

Do we want another settler to found NE?
Do we want to take the Barbarian city?

NE might be a good choice due to the food resource.

The Aryan barb city will just probably hurt us. Maybe we should take the "good spot" Izzy has stolen since it has a better chance to grow... after we build an army that is.

Barbarian pillages mine
Turn 1: 190BC
Oracle finished, didn’t dare taking the risk. We got metal casting. :).
Archer fortify on hill.
Worker helps other worker build road.

Barbarian pillages road
Turn 2: 175BC
Jaguar completed at capital, jaguar next.

Barbarian finally attacks, but wins :o
Turn 3: 160BC
Jaguar attacks axe and gets next promotion. City Raider II: :D

Turn 4: 145BC
Workers moved

Turn 5: 130BC
Worker moved to iron mine.
Other worker rebuilds road.

Turn 6: 115BC
Alphabet discovered, CoL next.
Trades:
Bismarck, offer writing, get fishing and Masonry.
HC, offer writing for AH.
Hopefully more trades next round.

Turn 7: 100BC
Trade Mao Writing for Sailing (to make friends)

Turn 8: 85BC
Worker helps on iron mine.

Turn 9: 70BC
Scout killed :( was on auto somewhere.

Turn 10: 55BC
Hand out some useless techs to like sailing in the hope of making some friends for the future.

Notes for the next player.
Barbarian archer in town was just attacked, now 2.1 (3 city defense though) 56% chance to win…
We can attack Spanish town with 4 jags. Units from south could be moved up. Warrior can be upgraded and join.

Or we could attack NE barbarian town...

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
View attachment 138002

nice turns. too bad about that victorius barb, but what can you do?

i might go for the barb city since i'd like to have at least 6 units to attack with, and we'll get some more city raider promotions.. OH YEAH!

I guess that would make me UP NOW

Roster:
1: Pholkhero >> UP NOW
2. Picardathon >> on deck
3. Xtream >>
4. RoboKai >>
5. Rem >> skipped/awol
6. Remconius >> just played

Ritual Whipping in 35 turns!

For 2 archers, I think you'll be fine with 4 units... Maybe one extra for backup. First two soften archers, next two win. Our units have combat I and city raider or cover.

Just checked the odds 88% :lol: Three jags is enough.

where's that at? our copper/stone/happy site?

though, we'll have to settle for just one city for now, i think. I was thinking long-term w/the 6-unit idea ~ but i guess we could just take one city. I odn't think i've ever fought such a limited war. Perhaps this prevents me from beating Emperor??

Hey guys, sorry about the skip, my comp died and I couldn't manage to get on to post :mad: I would've needed a skip anyways since I'm going in to get my tonsils out and I got a **** tonne of homework to do :sad:

Top Bottom