Do not play the big map in DOC

mediv01

Chieftain
Already delete the content
Do not play the big map in DOC for non-Chinese player because Leo will provide a better one.
For Chinese player, since the origin DOC provided by LEO cannot run on Chinese BTS.EXE without Chinese localization, it is on your choice. the big map in DOC now can only support Chinese EXE and not support english BTS.EXE

Last edited:
Don't play on the new map. Just don't.

I am seeing the new shape of Korea and China's lakes. Neither exist on the 1.17 map.

I was looking at the civ list, where I saw some Reborn civs like Philippines or Zimbabwe (purple) on the minimap. But now you mention it, the map is indeed different than the 1.17 map.

This suggests that someone in the DoC deep web has been illicitly combining the new map with Civilization Reborn and who knows what else. A shadow organization. A ring of black-market modders. It's kind of intriguing tbh

So I looked at the DCR repo's network page on GitHub, and apparently even if you delete a branch, it can still be seen on the network. A few years back I was a complete idiot and didn't consider that Leoreth wouldn't appreciate me using the new map without permission. I ceased development and deleted it as soon as Leoreth asked me to, but it seems I didn't understand that, on GitHub, deletion isn't actually deletion, so if people wanted to, apparently they've been able to play the unholy abomination that was DCR on the new map for years. Needless to say, I've deleted the entire DCR repo.

This suggests that someone in the DoC deep web has been illicitly combining the new map with Civilization Reborn and who knows what else. A shadow organization. A ring of black-market modders. It's kind of intriguing tbh
It's annoying is what it is.

It really is. Whoever is doing this or playing the result I hope you know that I hate you.

So I looked at the DCR repo's network page on GitHub, and apparently even if you delete a branch, it can still be seen on the network. A few years back I was a complete idiot and didn't consider that Leoreth wouldn't appreciate me using the new map without permission. I ceased development and deleted it as soon as Leoreth asked me to, but it seems I didn't understand that, on GitHub, deletion isn't actually deletion, so if people wanted to, apparently they've been able to play the unholy abomination that was DCR on the new map for years. Needless to say, I've deleted the entire DCR repo.
This map is designed by you?

That is a very old version already. I don't know where you got that from, but that has already been taken down years ago.

I was part of that thing years ago, I remember together with soul-breathing. I tried merging the new map back then (before Leoreth made it private) with the Civ Reborn. I actually made it work (not balanced, but still), and I posted it here. There was a period of discussion in a thread here (I forgot which and I don't want to look it up anymore). I immediately halted it as soon as Leoreth said so, and I took down its repository/fork. Whatever that version had contains an old iteration of the map (and a lot of changes have been implemented since then). I would like to sincerely apologize for this; apparently some people held on to that for years even until now. I don't know how people still got copies of that, I think someone has a copy of its fork somewhere, probably a fork of Civ Reborn.

With that said, I implore you @mediv01 to please stop playing on that copy. It is only giving Leoreth more stress. Please, please, stop.

Again, I would like to apologize. I feel embarrassed, and am cringing at the fact that a mistake I made years ago could still haunt this community to this day.

Last edited:
I would like to suggest also if we can create a new thread with a self-explanatory title and pin it at the very top for the time being, at least until the new map is merged into develop. It should look like this:

1700998552637.png

You can always delete a remote branch but there is nothing you can do if people have already made a local copy of it.

OP really screwed themselves over with this one.
At least it sends people a message to not mess with the map

This map is designed by you?
No, the map is a community project being spearheaded by Leoreth, but as of yet I've not contributed to it in no small part because I'm not very good at programming and not very knowledgeable about geography.

That is a very old version already. I don't know where you got that from, but that has already been taken down years ago.
Because the origin official DOC provided by LEO cannot run on Chinese BTS.exe. But this mod is done with Chinses localization and it can be run with Chinese BTS.exe. So this mod is very popular in Chinese community.
it will not be provided in CFC because it only support Chinese Character, and the non-Chinese language (including English French and so on) is not support.

I do not know [Mandarin] Chinese and I do not have the Chinese version of Civ4, so I do not know who exactly had a hand on the localization of Chinese for that "modmodmodmod." Perhaps soul-breathing or someone else Chinese here, because I used to talk to him a lot about that project over WeChat. But he never told me someone was working on its Chinese localization.

I highly recommend you guys work on the Chinese localization of the official mod instead. Just fork the mod on GitHub and redo everything. You can salvage the existing XML files you worked on, clean it up and update it a little bit, then commit the changes. Then that fork is what you can share in the Chinese forums. Not this one, please. Leoreth has already said multiple times to stop playing on the new map. (I know its code is outdated enough that it has not yet adapted to the code rewrite Leoreth did for v1.17. Unless someone is diligent enough to update the custom code manually based on the latest changes in develop.)

Because the new map is not yet finished work, and thus not yet officially released.

Top Bottom