Do nukes raze cities?

Well then, IDK about you guys but that *majorly* disappoints me. The "ultimate deterrent" doesn't seem so scary when you can't use it to obliterate your enemies from a distance.

Killing 70 % or so of the population isn't enough for you?

killing population, bringing city's health and defense to 0, and killing/injuring a bunch of surrounding units.. Still plenty powerful! I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that...

Edit: and the fallout too..

Last edited:
Another observation though, the wonders seem to be catching on fire after being nuked - so even though wonders can't be pillaged (if that has been confirmed in the LPs I don't know), they can get hurt by nukes, it seems!

Final observation: unit fighting animations will need to be worked on. Sometimes the helicopters look like they're chopping down the warriors with their blades, sometimes they are shooting away from the defending Mech inf, rocket artillery seems to shoot towards the sky with nothing falling on the enemy cavalries but we still see explosions, and the submarine's torpedo went through the coastal tile to hit the other sub... submarine ranged attacks that look like missiles seem to explode a distance away from units, making it look like they have shields.

Gorgeous animations otherwise though!

Last edited:
So how are nukes supposed to "be even more powerful" in Civ6? They can't even destroy cities. At least in Civ5 I could just build like 10 nukes and destroy my enemy's whole empire while eating popcorn without sending out a single land unit!

What an utter disappointment.

Hmm I guess I never nuked enough in Civ5 to notice that they do raze cities.

So how are nukes supposed to "be even more powerful" in Civ6? They can't even destroy cities. At least in Civ5 I could just build like 10 nukes and destroy my enemy's whole empire while eating popcorn without sending out a single land uni

What an utter disappointment.
The fallout damages units that move through it. For 20 turns (and applies to water as well)

Also-you can stockpile nukes (no limit per Uranium)
-the silos probably have unlimited range (at least with the right tech)

Top Bottom