1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do the AI players ever use nukes?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Ashcristokos, May 29, 2013.

1. Biologist

Biologist Researcher

I once played a tall game as Siam in which I was sandwiched between multiple AIs and didn't get to explore very far. When I finally researched satellites, I discovered that about a third of the world's landmass was a smoking radioactive wasteland due to an ongoing nuclear war (I think between the Songhai and Russia).

2. gingerbill

gingerbill Prince

Seen them use nukes now and then.

One of my funniest moments was when i was going for a culture 3 city win and after my initial scouting hadnt really looked at the other continent . I went there a long time later in the modern era and almost the whole continent had been ravaged by nuclear war , i think i actually said " WOW!" with my mouth hanging open.

3. FstrthnU

FstrthnU Chieftain

I've only been nuked in vanilla (Warlord diff.), at that point I was already at the end of the tech tree and the AI must have been pretty far up too.

Lately, I've never seen the AI use nukes (though nowadays most of them don't last long enough to get Atomic Theory AND Nuclear Fission)

4. Vohbo

Vohbo Warlord

India uses nukes quite often. Yesterday finished a game with the Songhai where India, China and Greece had been obliterating eachother with full scale nucleair war. I joined in later and noticed that the Nucleair Missiles are extremely powerful (I normally don't use them). Was fun :)

5. pilot00

pilot00 King

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I did too (on both accounts)