Do you approve of the following game conditions for DG5?

Do you approve of the following game conditions for DG5?

• Yes

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Civ: Japan
Difficulty: Monarch

World Size: Large
Landmass: Random
Climate: Random
Temperature: Random
Barb Level: Raging

Game Rules: All but Linked Starts, Respawn, and AP.

okay, I voted no... the main reason was landmass and size are too normal(i know random might give us something good)

Doggone it! :mad: Where is the Landmass runoff poll between Archipelago and Random??

If you combine all the votes for Archi(60, 70, 80%), then as many people wanted that type of game as those who chose random. They just disagreed on the land coverage.

The fact that I am the first one to mention this after 15 votes is a bit distressing, and not a good sign for the future of DG5.

I guess the DP for term one can secretly toss a dice. :mischief:

DZ has it right, we should have a run off because of lack of majority.

I agree, repoll archipelago and random... if archipelago wins then we have a poll on water amount

If anyone cares about the color (and judging by the France v. Egypt debate last time, people do), we get green unless the Aztecs are there, in which case we get maroon. So we could choose the aztecs specifically if we want maroon, or just go with random for green (though there is still a good chance of getting maroon).

meh.... color is for little magical people clothed in green attempting to hide their gold at the end of the rainbow (sorry felt like coming up with something creative, but found myself reaching).

I don't care about color, I play whoever I like the stats of, or am assigned by Random, and that's it. However, the people's choice is the people's choice if they wanna base it on color so be it, but I won't.

Well, I did a test run, and I learned the following:
-2/4 times as marroon, same as green. So 50% chance.
-Civs all started very close together
-3/4 times we got a good starting place
-The Wheel is very useful early on for trading and resource locating, not so much with CB.
-I really should not be playing at Monarch. :p

Epimethius said:
Well, I did a test run, and I learned the following:
-2/4 times as marroon, same as green. So 50% chance.
-Civs all started very close together
-3/4 times we got a good starting place
-The Wheel is very useful early on for trading and resource locating, not so much with CB.
-I really should not be playing at Monarch. :p

I should really be playing on demi-god (or deity!). :mischief:

We could have a "3rd party" create a save if it's say, an archipelago map, since I know the game likes to cram all civs onto one island/continent. BTW, what do you mean by "close together"? How close? and on what setting?

While on the DG4 map we were a good distance away from Russia and Babylon, and had more than enough land to initially settle, here everyone was about 8 tiles away, and by the time you founded your fouth city you were completely hemmed in. War and wonder building started soon after. Each time the first opponent was the Babylonians, too....

いいえ!
No!

I only agree with Japan, the Difficulty level, and the Barbarial level. And the difficulty level agreement is conditional at best as no1 wants to play diety :(

No: Mostly because Archipelago should be given a fair chance, though I'm not sure I will vote for it, but also because I would like a huge world (more to play) and I think it would be nice to have respawn as well. Don't know if I'm alone on the last two reasons, I joined this planning to late, but I just wanted to mention it.

I voted no because I think we should pick a civ with the weakest traits and I would like to see respawn.

Aye, demogamers! Aren't we a bit late? 6 days away of the first of July deadline and we have still not come to a conclusion about game conditions?

And that's not talking about the constitution and code of law... Still think we're gonna make it?

Nope, that's why I'm trying out the other thing now. We've got over a month before anything happens.

Since it seems we got a lot of no votes (though not the majority) I say we shut this poll down and do the archipelago/random poll.

Top Bottom