Do you suffer from Restartitis?

And play as OP civ’s with abundant resources
Guilty as charged about the OP civ part... Anyone would seem OP compared to plain old Victoria (even Eleanor maybe does a better job leading England).
(I play balanced starts... but "balanced" is not balanced at all in my experience.. the game clearly does not know what is a good start and what is not)

Guilty as charged about the OP civ part... Anyone would seem OP compared to plain old Victoria (even Eleanor maybe does a better job leading England).
(I play balanced starts... but "balanced" is not balanced at all in my experience.. the game clearly does not know what is a good start and what is not)
aaah but do you whinge about the game being too easy?... otherwise... Enjoy!

Yeah, I do that too. I play King level and find that most games, by the time I discover the other AI's on other continents, they are way ahead, no matter how hard I've tried to make a good go of it. The local civs keep declaring surprise wars on me, or otherwise tie me down so I can't compete by mid game. I especially hate the religious units that force me to divert resources into building religious infrastructure I really don't care about but hate seeing AI religions taking over my cities. So my solution is to play on Legendary starts with abundant resources and fewer AI opponents. This seems to give me a fighting chance. In my current game I'm ahead on research and culture so this works for me, even though Indonesia whacked me with a surprise war that I had to fend off, disrupting my city buildup. So I want an AI that's a challenge, but not one that has too unfair and advantage. I guess I ask a lot. Prince is too easy and the next level after King is just not what I want either. Call me fussy, just don't call me late for dinner.

They will almost always be ahead of you on King seeing as they've been given a few bonuses. I'd stop wasting time trying to combat religions until you can deal with their bonuses. Early citizen management (food, food, food!) and quick settlers are a must!
But seriously if you're behind and some other dominant nation is spreading it's religion... let it be. It gets a little friendly, you stab it in the back later.

Why are you playing without the abilities? You just have to work harder in order to benefit from the advantages you get. Isn't it another layer of "challenge" to get to the juicy spots that suit your civs abilities and occupy or conquer them?

I'm sure I'm exaggerating :D; but if you find no coal nearby do you reroll then? No placement possible for wonder x, y, z and you wanted to build it - reroll? Bad luck with barbarians, wrong or no CS - reroll? I'm sure you get my point.

I never play pangea. Because it just diminishes the value of every naval and coast oriented civ IMO - I grant you that.
But to me that's another thing as say Mali starting without desert. Because desert IS there, you just have to find it...

You won't always start in industrial age as Germany because the UU is the submarine? Or would you? Of course not.

Yes, you are exaggerating.

I will list out clearly what has made me restart in GS:

- No neighbours as Eleanor
- No barbarians on my continent (bug)
- No desert as Mali
- Horrible music neighbour

You can talk about 'challenge' all you like, but these are non-negotiable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will list out clearly what has made me restart in GS:

- No neighbours as Eleanor
- No barbarians on my continent (bug)
- No desert as Mali
- Horrible music neighbour

You can talk about 'challenge' all you like, but these are non-negotiable.
Enjoy! :hug:

They will almost always be ahead of you on King seeing as they've been given a few bonuses. I'd stop wasting time trying to combat religions until you can deal with their bonuses. Early citizen management (food, food, food!) and quick settlers are a must!
But seriously if you're behind and some other dominant nation is spreading it's religion... let it be. It gets a little friendly, you stab it in the back later.

I get that, thanks. Religion in the game is another bone to pick but I'm too whacked out by real world events right now to get into it. Peace & love to all of you but especially those poor folks in New Zealand.

Never. As a mp player, i don't want to have that quitter etiquette. And personnaly i think playing under par starts can make you better at the game over time.

Unless your goal is to not only win the game, but to finish as fast as possible. Which is completely different. And done only in sp games(unless you really want that etiquette!).

Top Bottom