1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Do you think to intimidate us with force?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarkJohnson, Apr 19, 2018.

1. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

I forgot to denounce Catherine De Medici before declaring war. I have plenty of time, so I decided to camp on her border for the 5 turns, then DoW with less penalty.

Next turn after denounce, she says Do You think to intimidate us with force? etc.

One of the options is, You were right to worry (Declare War)!

Is this an option to declare war with less penalty, or no penalty? Or do I still get an insane war penalty to declare war right now?

2. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

It'll be a surprise war if you declare from that screen.

Ignore her and declare using a Formal War when it becomes available.

Banazir864 likes this.
  3. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

That figures. I ignored it. Then I seen a roaming barb builder, so I captured it. Then there was a French settler next to it and I couldn't resist it, so I DoW her the following turn. lol Then another settler, but a barb one this time and another barb worker.

But they should change that options in that DoW. It makes it sound like there will be no penalty as it wouldn't be a surprise war any more, since she was asking for the war.

Banazir864 likes this.
  4. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

She is not asking FOR the war, she is asking you what your troops are doing on her borders. "You were right to worry" is YOUR answer, it has nothing to do with her wanting a war. It would be ridiculous if you could create a legitimate casus belli lowering warmonger penalties by brazenly amassing troops at somebody's borders. If anything, it should increase penalties.

Olleus, Leyrann and Tech Osen like this.
  5. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

If I select you were right to worry, it declares war. Then I get egregious war penalties. If I wait then I just get severe surprise war penalty.

But it's not really a surprise if she's asking me is it? She is well aware of the possibility. It should be the same as denouncing first.

The correct answer is to lie and say my troops are passing by, or select ignore her.

I just selected ignore and she pulled her troops back to the city ASAP.

6. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

If you say your troops are just passing by and then declare war (or don't move your troops away) you get the relationship penalty for breaking a promise.

If you ignore her, you get the relationship penalty for refusing to make a promise, but that penalty is less severe and goes away quicker.

Mind you, if you're going to go to war and eliminate her anyway, it doesn't really matter which you choose, as both only involve your relationship with her, not other civs, unlike the warmongering penalties.