Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Never

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Havent yet

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

GrandMatt

Warlord
I always have disliked the Ai to Ai research trading, it seems soo unfair compared to that of ai to human trading

I also hate being repeatedly asked for free techs by ai civs, " no means no!" or rediculously bad deals from them

The best part about the no tech trading option is it further allows a spread in the tech race, simply the best teams will be doing much better in the tech race than the poorer performing teams. I find this as a good way too make a good start more vital. Other advantages include conquest mid to late game is easier due to all the poorer performing civs not being able to keep up in the tech race due to unfair ai to ai tech trading. ( i hate seeing an ai civ with 2 cities be able to keep up in the tech race with one who has like 8 to 10 citys >< )

what are everyone elses opinions on the matter?

Have you tried it yet? I did it 2 times... and it seemed that AI have done even better with this (Read : They got tech lead even better) somehow. I'm still not sure what does it mean... maybe that AI vs AI is allowed but you cannot trade techs?

No tech trading is much harder for anyone who knows how to be a decent tech broker. I always use this now. It ups the difficulty level, and has the added bonus of decreasing the amount of diplomacy in the game, a facet which holds absolutely no interest for me. But mainly because it's a much more balanced game and much less abusable by the human.

I'm still not sure what does it mean... maybe that AI vs AI is allowed but you cannot trade techs?

AI to AI tech trades are also very definitely prevented when "no tech trading" is activated.

Turning off tech trading makes things a lot harder for the human player. The AI is very bad in general at tech trading, and as a result a human with a relatively weak economy can usually keep up by careful tech brokering.

I always turn it off, it makes it easier to judge the tech difference between everyone

And no more annoying demands involving techs!

Never have and I never will probably.

I always turn it off ... so annoying to have to check to see if/when the AI has something worthwhile to trade, or have a fire sale everytime you research something new. Turning it off also slows the game down so that everybody doesn't have modern armor by 1 AD.

I never turn it off. It allows to keep pace at least up to monarch level, so why shouldn't I use it?

The only advantage to turning off tech trading is keeping the AI from begging for techs.

i used to use this, but to me it seemed to slow down the AI too much. seems everybody else had the opposite experience, though. maybe because i don't do a ton of trading, anyway. mostly i let the computer trade amongst themselves and accept the fact that i'll have few friends (only those who forget tech refusal quickly).

Zorn said:
I turn it off in AW games.

So, basically, you turn it off when you can't tech trade anyway?

I like tech trading. For one thing, it allows small-but-wealthy civs to remain in the running. Furthermore, it's easier to get through the tech tree if you don't have to personally research every branch.

I sometimes use it and its pretty good when there are no beggars at my door but then i can't see how advanced they are :(

I tried it once, but the game progressed too slowly for my liking and it takes out one of the more interesting aspects of the game. (It also reduces the intelligence that you have about other civs.)

Top Bottom