Does a Civ's music stop playing when they're elminated?

For me it's Kongo. At release I thought there was special coding to make Kongo appear more often which made me hate Civ's version of Banaha. The ancient era version in particular is one of my least favourite songs in game along side of Dutch industrial theme.
I hated Kongo's themes from the first time I heard them. :sad:

For me it's Kongo. At release I thought there was special coding to make Kongo appear more often which made me hate Civ's version of Banaha. The ancient era version in particular is one of my least favourite songs in game along side of Dutch industrial theme.

Kongo was the first civ I played, I think that's why I find their music is the first thing that pops into my head when I think of civ 6 (surprisingly even before Sogno di volare) so I have a soft spot for it even now.

It's a small thing, but I'm rather sure Norway's themes were Roland Rizzo's work.
Just looked it up; you're right. It was Rizzo. I didn't associate it with Rizzo because he seems to have worked mostly on the woodwind-heavy themes like Scythia, Aztec, Netherlands, etc., whereas Norway's theme is pretty heavy on the strings aside from the Ancient theme.

(TBH I'm not a fan of most of the Atomic tracks; it's part of why I hate the end game)
Hehe.
Ancient = minimalist
Medieval = chamber ensemble
Industrial = Mahlerian orchestration
Atomic = Alright, who let Skrillex get a hold of this?!?!

For me it's the Muppet Show Theme that is Brazil. Make. It. Stop.

Turned off the music long ago. But what annoys me about doing so is that it also turns off the great works' music.
I also never understood why one particular civ's music plays instead of one of the others, it seems completely random.

turns off the great works' music.
Given that they're low-quality MIDI files that sound like they're from the 90s, count your blessings. :p

Given that they're low-quality MIDI files that sound like they're from the 90s, count your blessings. :p

Still beter than the civs' music. :nono:

With a few exceptions like Kongo and Australia the civs' themes are all gorgeous so... :dunno:

So you're seriously saying those pieces are on par with literally some of the greatest pieces of music mankind has bought forth? I mean that is after all the very reason those pieces of music are in the game... ;)

So you're seriously saying those pieces are on par with literally some of the greatest pieces of music mankind has bought forth? I mean that is after all the very reason those pieces of music are in the game... ;)
If I want to listen to Chopin or Vivaldi, I look for an actual orchestra, not a MIDI that sounds like it was made in the late 80s...Also I don't believe in some pretentious false dichotomy between "classical music" and "folk music," to say nothing of the fact that folk music has been a staple of classical music since the Romantics like Grieg and Dvořak fell in love with it in the 19th century.

In Civ4 you can put whatever music you want into a folder and the game will cycle through it on the main map. All the other music in the game such as on the diplomacy screen is as normal. Great feature that I wish 6 had.

Top Bottom