Does a Civ's music stop playing when they're elminated?

So you're seriously saying those pieces are on par with literally some of the greatest pieces of music mankind has bought forth? I mean that is after all the very reason those pieces of music are in the game... ;)
... are you some sort of elitist? Not to mention some Civ 6 music do borrow elements from "classical" music.
And yes I can and WILL say some civ 6 music can be just as good as these music.

Moderator Action: Please do not get personal in your response. Let's keep it civil. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
... are you some sort of elitist?

Hahaha, no, I rarely even listen to classical music, I'm mostly a metalhead. :rockon:
But I do think these little bits are a nice introduction to classical music, from around the world. They even inspired me to use Eine Kleine Nacht Music as my ringtone. (darn thing got stuck in my head)
Sure, they could and maybe should have been of higer quality, but they only last a few seconds. I donno, maybe it was a copyright thing?

Hahaha, no, I rarely even listen to classical music, I'm mostly a metalhead. :rockon:
But I do think these little bits are a nice introduction to classical music, from around the world. They even inspired me to use Eine Kleine Nacht Music as my ringtone. (darn thing got stuck in my head)
Sure, they could and maybe should have been of higer quality, but they only last a few seconds. I donno, maybe it was a copyright thing?
I like civ 6 music since they are based on traditional melodies from all across the world and are nice introduction to musical culture of all around the world.
(as can be seen from this thread I created so many weeks ago. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/original-version-of-all-civ-6-music.669947/ )

As you say, they're only a few seconds long so they shouldn't trigger YouTube's or Twitch's copyright detection (which was the reason Civ6 moved away from licensed music) so licensing a few clips should have been okay; using their own recordings would definitely have been okay. I'd imagine the choice to use synthetic orchestras was an economic one, but even so I have no idea why they ended up with such low-quality MIDIs. Granted, I'm an audiophile and always prefer a real orchestra--there is no substitute for the real thing--but MIDIs can still be higher quality than what FXS used in Civ6. It's rather strange.

Just looked it up; you're right. It was Rizzo. I didn't associate it with Rizzo because he seems to have worked mostly on the woodwind-heavy themes like Scythia, Aztec, Netherlands, etc., whereas Norway's theme is pretty heavy on the strings aside from the Ancient theme.
Scythia is a case of a theme that was composed by Knorr, actually :p

I actually like all the music but there are a one or two that I am not as huge a fan of. Overall, the music quality is superb and a huge step up from past iterations.

The Zulu music is my absolute favourite. I am always delighted when they show up in my games. Hopefully at a distance. Lol.

Top Bottom