1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Does a Civ's music stop playing when they're elminated?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Xithro, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

... are you some sort of elitist? Not to mention some Civ 6 music do borrow elements from "classical" music.
    And yes I can and WILL say some civ 6 music can be just as good as these music.

Moderator Action: Please do not get personal in your response. Let's keep it civil. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2021
  2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Hahaha, no, I rarely even listen to classical music, I'm mostly a metalhead. :rockon:
    But I do think these little bits are a nice introduction to classical music, from around the world. They even inspired me to use Eine Kleine Nacht Music as my ringtone. (darn thing got stuck in my head)
    Sure, they could and maybe should have been of higer quality, but they only last a few seconds. I donno, maybe it was a copyright thing?

Zaarin likes this.
  3. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

I like civ 6 music since they are based on traditional melodies from all across the world and are nice introduction to musical culture of all around the world.
    (as can be seen from this thread I created so many weeks ago. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/original-version-of-all-civ-6-music.669947/ )

Thormodr and Zaarin like this.
  4. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

As you say, they're only a few seconds long so they shouldn't trigger YouTube's or Twitch's copyright detection (which was the reason Civ6 moved away from licensed music) so licensing a few clips should have been okay; using their own recordings would definitely have been okay. I'd imagine the choice to use synthetic orchestras was an economic one, but even so I have no idea why they ended up with such low-quality MIDIs. Granted, I'm an audiophile and always prefer a real orchestra--there is no substitute for the real thing--but MIDIs can still be higher quality than what FXS used in Civ6. It's rather strange.

Tech Osen and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  5. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Scythia is a case of a theme that was composed by Knorr, actually :p

Hellenism Salesman and Zaarin like this.
  6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I actually like all the music but there are a one or two that I am not as huge a fan of. Overall, the music quality is superb and a huge step up from past iterations.

The Zulu music is my absolute favourite. I am always delighted when they show up in my games. Hopefully at a distance. Lol.

7. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

So is Aztec