Does anybody in the us have BtS yet

I just got it at the Gamestop in Iowa City, IA. They only had 1 unreserved copy left. I had already taken today off from class and work, so thank god I got a copy.

:woohoo: Just installed mine and getting ready to play! :band:

I got mine at EB Games. I pre-ordered it and just picked it up about an hour ago. It's already installed and just calling my name! ;)

I think I'm going to start with an OCC noble game, so that I can move through the first game fairly quickly, but still be able to try everything out.

just got back from gamestop after reading messages on this forum

I also got the last copy they had - they had opened it and taken it out of the box already

Just got it at GameStop.

First thing I did was play as Augustus, found Vatican City as the capital, founded Christianity there and built the Apostolic Palace :goodjob:

Just picked up my copy at GameStop, too.

I went in and asked for it... the lady looked in her computer and said she wasn't getting it until Wednesday, and that she was only getting one copy of it.

Then she looks again, looks down at the ground and there are a bunch of UPS boxes, unopened that she received this morning. She cracks one of the boxes open, and I got the only copy of Beyond the Sword in town. :)

I preordered from Amazon because I'm too lazy to run around to the stores. They say I will receive it July 25. There must be a stampede over there though as they say new orders will be shipped July 28.

I just checked delivery status at amazon.com and they moved my delivery date to Aug 1.:cry:

Guess I'll have to go shopping locally.

I am going to get the game but i think it is funny watching you guys go nuts over it. I bet if they priced the game 15 bucks higher for the first week, and then after that week the price went down 20 bucks, you guys would still pay the overpriced 15 bucks for the one week earlier of having it.

Greatsquid: Your thing says you are from Omaha what ya doing in Iowa City? I go to school at Iowa GO HAWKS BABY cant wait to get back to Iowa City.

I am going to get the game but i think it is funny watching you guys go nuts over it. I bet if they priced the game 15 bucks higher for the first week, and then after that week the price went down 20 bucks, you guys would still pay the overpriced 15 bucks for the one week earlier of having it.

Greatsquid: Your thing says you are from Omaha what ya doing in Iowa City? I go to school at Iowa GO HAWKS BABY cant wait to get back to Iowa City.

A thing is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.... ;)

I explained this earlier, but again for direct2drive to get it early click the "SEND INFO" button. Which is right beside the pre-ordered button. There's only 2 buttons. That will send you the link to download, install and play it right away. I did this yesterday and was playing all evening.

I tried, but this is just not working for me, either. There is no download link when I get to the download page.

Each Gamestop in the Chicago suburbs seems to have received one copy of it. I managed to get one from the third one I tried. So good luck finding a copy today if you don't already have it.

Each Gamestop in the Chicago suburbs seems to have received one copy of it. I managed to get one from the third one I tried. So good luck finding a copy today if you don't already have it.

Same here in the SLC, UT area. Luckily I found one on the second try... Good luck.

I just reserved the only copy the GameStop location between my office and home has in stock... Told him to hide it under the counter... lol

DARN YOU, if someone wants to steal MY copy!!!

;)

Hey don't say that so loudly, someone might hear.

After it got delayed, I canceled my order with free shipping from amazon so i could drive to gamestop and pay gas and tax for it

Traditionally this is what happens, within a week or two either amazon or one of the other retailers like Best Buy is going to offer the game on sale for $10 off. It happens nearly all the time, so I am waiting.

I really doubt that will happen... it never happened for Warlords, that one is still $29 and it's been out over a year.

Damn, I went to Walmart and Best Buy and they said they wouldn't have it until tomorrow. So then I went to Gamestop and the only ones they had were already reserved. I go to work in about an hour and half and there's an EB Games pretty close to where I work, so I'm hoping they have it, otherwise I'll just pick it up tomorrow. :shifty: :twitch:

Obtained my pre-ordered copy just now from Gamestop - Las Vegas, NV! Loading now!!

Alright, now I'm pissed!

Apparntly the trucks that deliver it to Reginas EB Games AND Best Buy were late or something. No BtS today, but maybe tomorrow. ARGH!!! I WANT IT NOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!

I did this but the only links in the e-mail are to the accounts page, the info page, and the support page. No download links, but I found one at hitpoints. It seems to be down though.

Yes, I am using the Hitpoints download site, too. (Lord knows that was confusing....) Hopefully mine will not be corrupt when it finishes.....

I explained this earlier, but again for direct2drive to get it early click the "SEND INFO" button. Which is right beside the pre-ordered button. There's only 2 buttons. That will send you the link to download, install and play it right away. I did this yesterday and was playing all evening.

Can you download and use the 3.02 BtS patch from Firaxis? Or do you need to get it from D2D?

Top Bottom