Does C3C on Steam have a bug with stealing technologies?

Suspence

Chieftain
Title is at it says.

I'm playing a "most aggressive" regent campaign where I maintain zero percent on my science slider, build no scientific buildings and no Great Library, and that my only way of gaining new technologies is through trade, goody huts, and espionage.

When I finally got to the point where I had the income and ability to steal technologies, and "safely" planted a spy to steal a tech, I received that tech and it brought me to the tech-tree page. It asked me what technology I should steal next, but since that civ had no other technology for me to steal, there was nothing for me to select. It didn't let me leave the page until I selected something, and I couldn't even quit the game from there, so I had to force-quit the application. I reloaded from an autosave and waited until that civ had more techs to try again, but then I learned all their techs at once and I ended up being stuck in the same issue.

I never had this problem with my Civ3 disks years ago, and i'm wondering if this is a Steam only issue? And if there was any way to correct this or get around this? I've already invested a couple hours in my playthrough and stealing technologies was fundamental to my strategy in this no-tech-research campaign, especially since I built up a massive economic infrastructure for the sole purpose of stealing techs safely.

Thanks!

As far as I know, all game mechanics remain unchanged in steam version. There's only the minor difference in labels.txt when the MP update was done.

Update: I've played around more, and when I use spies to steal technologies it works fine. But i'm still getting this issue when I try to steal technology using the embassy.

When I finally got to the point where I had the income and ability to steal technologies, and "safely" planted a spy to steal a tech, I received that tech and it brought me to the tech-tree page. It asked me what technology I should steal next, but since that civ had no other technology for me to steal, there was nothing for me to select. It didn't let me leave the page until I selected something, and I couldn't even quit the game from there, so I had to force-quit the application. I reloaded from an autosave and waited until that civ had more techs to try again, but then I learned all their techs at once and I ended up being stuck in the same issue.

To clarify, you stole one tech, and then it asked you to steal a second, for free? There is an exploit called "Grand Theft."
Realms Beyond Civ said:
If you steal tech and you grab the one you are currently researching, you get the select next tech popup. If you then click "The Big Picture", you don't go to the tech screen but to the steal tech screen, where you can steal another.

Top Bottom