Does reloading a save recast the dice?

kampori

Warlord
Asking about in reference to spies particularly. I only have a 30% chance to disrupt Japan's spaceport, and I need to in order to win my immortal game. I am only a couple of turns behind him, but he will win unless I do this. He's also my ally so don't want negative diplomacy if it fails (even though we're only 15 turns from the end of the game so it really doesn't matter.. but for future reference)

I remember in Beyond Earth, I did this often with planting a nuke in someone else's cities. (cheap tactic I know, but RNG hates me in every single game). If it failed, I would just keep reloading until it succeeds.

Does this work in 6?

Not in my experience. But I have only had the circumstance to test goody huts. In cases where I needed to reload and ended up acquiring the goody huts, they've always yielded the same result. I can't comment on anything else though cause I don't usually reload.

Fair enough. I've done 5 reloads, but it has failed each time (although that could still just be RNG being against me). I guess I should test it on a higher success chance.

I guess nuking him is the only way to win now. At least I have a nice stockpile of 5 thermonukes waiting to launch.

Preserve random seed was first added in Civ III and continued in all future versions. Unless you do something different to use up the current RNG value; you'll get the same results whenever you use the time machine.
There are however strong chaos effects if you do things slightly different.

Preserve random seed was first added in Civ III and continued in all future versions. Unless you do something different to use up the current RNG value; you'll get the same results whenever you use the time machine.
There are however strong chaos effects if you do things slightly different.

Couldn't you choose whether or not to enable this option in some incarnation of civ? Or was it perhaps Smac?

Couldn't you choose whether or not to enable this option in some incarnation of civ? Or was it perhaps Smac?

In Civ5 there was an option checkbox to randomize rolls

However, to OP, if you want to get a new roll, you have to take actions to discard the first one: attack an unit, pop a hut or the like. F.e. you could declare war at a city state and attack one of their units and then roll your espionage actions. If it fails again, reload and attack twice before attempting the spy action aso

Civ V Vanilla behaved the same way Civ VI does, in that it preserves the game's "seed" upon reload, but an option was added in Civ V within the game creation screen to reload with a new seed, thereby yielding different results on things of random chance like Goody Huts (I think, but am not sure, that Civ IV had this feature upon release).

Does anyone know a mod (or an at-home method) that can enable new random seeds upon reload? Back in my childhood when I discovered Civ II I abused that ability, and while I understand it's "cheating" in a way, it's hardcoded into my Civ playstyle and I'd like to have that option. I didn't find any mods that offered that, but I may have missed it.

Top Bottom