Does Stalin really belong in the game?

There is only one way to decide this then!
Someone challenge someone to a match on multiplayer for bts!!
i would but i have exams, and i uninstalled CIV IV and BTS :(!
But i shall be ready in a months time! So you are safe untill then :D

There is only one way to decide this then!
Someone challenge someone to a match on multiplayer for bts!!
i would but i have exams, and i uninstalled CIV IV and BTS :(!
But i shall be ready in a months time! So you are safe untill then :D

Yeah, I can play you in the summer, I have BTS myself.

No one can question my powers of thread derailment :lol:
now lets move on so we can reach 100 pages in this thread!

If Hitler was so evil how comes he managed to have a girlfriend!
Does this mean she was evil too? :crazyeye:
and why dont i have one :cry: ?
Spoiler :
Because i have ten :p

/discuss

On the merits, it's also questionable whether Hitler really was a leader up to the caliber of other choices. Yes he was dramatic and did a lot of damage in a short time, but his main achievement was leading his country to an overwhelming defeat that left it ruined, occupied and divided. Without putting a moral spin on it, he was a loser.

Yeah...because the fact that he lost in the end is all that matters.

This is funny, because "he" didn't conquer anything. His military conquered--his decreasing trust and micromanagement of the military were an important factor in its defeat during World War 2. Hitler shouldn't be in the game because he was a terrible leader.

Imagine if you were playing a Civ game and you played it the way Hitler lead Germany.

Now imagine you were playing a Civ game and you played it the way Stalin lead Russia.

Yeah...because the fact that he lost in the end is all that matters.

This is funny, because "he" didn't conquer anything. His military conquered--his decreasing trust and micromanagement of the military were an important factor in its defeat during World War 2. Hitler shouldn't be in the game because he was a terrible leader.

Imagine if you were playing a Civ game and you played it the way Hitler lead Germany.

Now imagine you were playing a Civ game and you played it the way Stalin lead Russia.

Actually Hitler and Stalin did many of the same things. Stalin was just on the winning side. Germany could never have won WW2 because it was at war with so many different countries, but it could have taken on any one of the allies in a one-on-one matchup.

Hitler's biggest mistake was probably the decision to declare war on the USA.

The point I'm trying to make is, should Stalin really be in the game? Someone that is largely responsible for the deaths of 18 million people? There are so many other great Russian rulers, so why him?

What do you think?

I don't see why Stalin shouldn't be in the game. :crazyeye:

you mean the USSR...

No, it was possible for him to win the eastern front if he had invaded a few months earlier, and did not have to fight the USA on other fronts.

If he had listened to his generals during the battles of Stalingrad and Moscow he might have been able to break the Russian military.

Also, later in the war, the British and Canadians could not have invaded France for at least a few more years without American help. This would have allowed Hitler to concentrate his forces on the eastern front.

Same thing in North Africa, Rommel might have been able to defeat the British if he did not have to fight the Americans coming from the other direction.

Wasn't Barbarossa delayed because Hitler needed to bail out Mussolini in Greece?

And also, Germany was pretty much beat (Post-Kursk) by the time American forces were in Italy thanks to lend-lease.

And also, Germany was pretty much beat (Post-Kursk) by the time American forces were in Italy thanks to lend-lease.

........and million other things. Sorry couldn't resist. You making it sound like lend-lease was the only thing that won the war. It was an important factor to be sure, but up till 1944 it was just material support, the allies that were in Europe on other hand payed the price for victory in blood and human lives.

Yeah, sorry if I said that in the wrong way.

Anyway, who could say no to this smile? :p

Since this thread seems to have gone way offtopic:

I personally think that Stalin should be replaced with Lenin, since Stalin merely built on what Lenin had created. That and the fact that I think that the USSR would have been better off without Stalin. Some people might say that he turned the USSR into a superpower, but I think that it would already have been a superpower if it hadn't been for Stalin holding it back. Sure, he beat Hitler, but if it hadn't been for his purges of many skilled officers it surely would have gone faster.

(The fact that I am a Leninist have nothing to do with this suggestion, nono;))

EDIT: Oh, and since some people have argued that Stalin turned Communism into a viable government type: Hey, Lenin did it before him! With the USSR AND Mongolia! Take that Stalin! :p

Since we are going oftopic, i have always been intrigued by collectivised farms, anyone got an example of where they actually worked though?

Since we are going oftopic, i have always been intrigued by collectivised farms, anyone got an example of where they actually worked though?

Kibbutzim in Israel.

Is it me, or they seem like a group of Left wingers(Dare I say communists) who actually worked out, and proves Communism works :eek:

I don't think you can draw conclusions about Communism as the basis of a national economy from the success of small, voluntary associations.

Top Bottom